Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Spanish Revival - The Reconquista

Teutonic

A few things to State:

1. Base upon preliminary sightings over the week and talks with some of the guys, there are 8? active Spanish players. This was determined based on replies in Nation chat throughout the days during the week.

2. Spanish Politics will not be clouded by me, I will merely be Spain's mouthpiece on the forums - specifically, if the Spanish players want to ally different nations or find other alternatives to their current situation, I hope other nations are open to it (EDIT: And I should add Pirates because lets face it, they are a political force.)

3. The main goal of the current Spanish players is stated as such  "To hold any and all counties on the Island of Cuba at all costs." However big or ambitious the goal is, I support the wishes of my fellow conquistadors. This will likely shape Spain's political situation for the coming future.

----------------------------------------------

Spain has a small playerbase, but each one is willing to fight pretty much anyone and everything, it's actually really awesome and I have already been fighting some rather good US sailors in the area in their trade ships no less. Embarrassing it may be, but their sailing qualities have made me rethink how I have to fight them a little bit, So I thank these US players for encouraging me to do better for the next fight.

There has been word from a few US players and specifically the DD clan of their willingness to give us a couple regions with little to no resistance from them, although they are quoted in saying "Not all US players think this way, so there may still be groups who will fight you." If nothing else, it is good to see an apparent change in some diplomacy/politics that, whether the alliances change or not, there can still be some deals with specific clans.

If you're trading around the Habana coastline, be warned, we are out there.

Furthering this thread - the reports and updates you'll see will be battles of significance and port battles (more than just one player on Spanish side) and political updates. Whether we win a battle or lose a battle, it will be posted here.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Teutonic said:

3. The main goal of the current Spanish players is stated as such  "To hold any and all counties on the Island of Cuba at all costs." However big or ambitious the goal is, I support the wishes of my fellow conquistadors. This will likely shape Spain's political situation for the coming future.

Good to have goals even if they are big.   Though I think maybe settle with half of it for now until ya'll grow some.  We don't plan to push pass a certain point our selves so Spain is more than welcome to own the east and south side of Cuba until they get stronger.  Any help Pirates can give by screening and such we will give.  

Good luck and safe winds.

I support the idea. We all aware that before Spain made any statements (we thought there were no players whatsoever) we said that pirates need Baracoa and Nuevitas as buffer and crafting regions. This still the case too, but this does not mean we cant work together.

Spanish guys wont be able to hold this territories anyway, so my proposal will be just ask what you need us to craft there for you and we will get you sorted.

Having access to certain areas we can work on fixed price to trade you the goods such as Silver, Live Oak and Mahogany. As long as it covers our expenses including real time hauling, labor hours and money to produce we are all happy to share.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, _Alucard_ said:

This sounds interesting. Maybe you can post here the dates of portbattles and some PVP1 players from Spain could help if we don't have other portbattles in PVP1

I saw your comment in nation chat the other day, apologies for not getting back to you. Most port battles will likely be in the US evening times. IIRC most of the pvp1 spanish players are EU? So you may not be able to make them all - sorry in advance. Nonetheless, I'll send you the information when they come up!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I saw your comment in nation chat the other day, apologies for not getting back to you. Most port battles will likely be in the US evening times. IIRC most of the pvp1 spanish players are EU? So you may not be able to make them all - sorry in advance. Nonetheless, I'll send you the information when they come up!

No problem...... Both servers use USA timers........... It seem that both servers are made for USA players..... Maybe better to find other game made for european people.........

Dutch will soon no longer be able to send resources to Spain thanks to two racists and more than likely Danish allies. If we do protect the last major buiding and resource ports of the Dutch we will send goods as soon as possible at a designated port.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

Port Battle - Arenas

First Port Battle for Spain in a long time, we ended up losing to a larger combined US/British force. Here are the pictures:

The initial combined french/Spanish fleet: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/97229796373464299/317A983579A52C6DEDE89293B2CC753EA2FEE1D1/

The Battle Start: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/97229796373464386/91265955D1C1A153CCF17872572F00A03D2F80F5/

End Result: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/97229796373464459/DBA6F0F68D905CE74F71FA32A17799D99B5C7258/

As I said, a loss, but for a first dive into port battles for Spain in a long time I must say it was a really good turnout for us! Good fight, and hopefully we can continue our growth. Both new players and old players needing to get the rust off, we will prevail someday :).

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

I'm glad espane is fighting hard.  I will miss the Spanish hunter bonus but I realize that we cant be crushing small nations for wanting everything.  I'm proud to be leader of DD clan as my membership supports what is good for the game over what is good for our nation.  US has always tried to control the board and I guess that's the nature of gaming but We need to let some go for the good of the game population and diversity.

DD banner.bmp

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Richbeard said:

I'm glad espane is fighting hard.  I will miss the Spanish hunter bonus but I realize that we cant be crushing small nations for wanting everything.  I'm proud to be leader of DD clan as my membership supports what is good for the game over what is good for our nation.  US has always tried to control the board and I guess that's the nature of gaming but We need to let some go for the good of the game population and diversity.

DD banner.bmp

We hope to see more of you in the OW to have a good battle someday! 

• Like 1