Game-Labs Forum

Probable Alt in Cumana PB

Had a US Captain in an Idy join the Cumana PB and then leave immediately.  Pirat165

This character has been seen spotted before doing similar things in a PB.  Our guys think it was Les Cayes if anyone has a SS of it.  If the mods could please look into who this character is and maybe been trading with, it'd be nice to shut this bullshit down once and for all.  It's obvious some Joe Schmoe new player didn't sail 4 hours from the US starting area just to join a PB and leave immediately.....  

Luckily the trickery didn't have any effect and we won.  If you're gonna pull shenanigans to get an edge in a PB you should at least win it.

1fd7fede50506bf54ba34397cd28e206.jpg

9632f09d2466f9921803aabb99b2688b.png

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 6

That guy was helping the Dutch at Pampatar last week. I don't remember if he was US or Dutch then. But I do have seen him around in the area before.

PS: Yelling alt every time a player joins that isn't in the "inner circle" isn't really good for or a nice thing for the userbase. Especially if it smells like public naming/shaming. Mods, is there a way to report alt griefing outside this public tribunal?

Edited by Kloothommel

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

That guy was helping the Dutch at Pampatar last week. I don't remember if he was US or Dutch then. But I do have seen him around in the area before.

PS: Yelling alt every time a player joins that isn't in the "inner circle" isn't really good for or a nice thing for the userbase. Especially if it smells like public naming/shaming. Mods, is there a way to report alt griefing outside this public tribunal?

I believe players joining the PB and then leaving immediately (which is exactly what happened) was an offense handled by tribunal at least once before.  Regardless of whether or not this was an alt a player should not be joining and leaving immediately crippling one side or the other.  

15 hours ago, Christendom said:

Luckily the trickery didn't have any effect and we won.  If you're gonna pull shenanigans to get an edge in a PB you should at least win it.

Well, seeing that there were only 3 ships on the French side, it doesn't look like a French cheating to me.
But yes - it should be checked, who he is and why he does that.

19 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

I have a recording of the Pampatar  battle i will check it but I don't recall any shenanigans.

Pirat165 might be a noob, he might be a troll, he might just have been unlucky and disconnected early in the battle like what happened to one of our players at Pampatar and to another one at Castries. He might also be making some really pathetic attempts at cheating. 

It has been said that this sort of thing happens more often to the US/VP/GB alliance, which appears to be true, but could be explained by the fact that that alliance has more players to begin with and therefore necessarily more noobs/trolls as well. At least in the Danish fleet we also have a very good routine for being able to join as soon as the 2 min timer is up, which makes it harder for anyone not in the fleet to steal a spot before us. 

In any case this tribunal post is reasonable, and I support the appeal to have this user investigated. Although I would add that my encounters with the accused has led me to notice the name, yet I don't remember any previous suspicious behaviour.

• Like 1

Captains, Captain Pirat165 originaly (by mid of jan) were a player on PVP2 server, recently moved to PVP1 server. We suggest to talk with a player to let him know what he is doing wrong. As we have said earlier, a feature that allow rejoin the battle in case a player left port battle instance is on our list and will be done as soon as possible.

• Like 4