Game-Labs Forum

Require text file for localization

Many of my friends like this game and want to give it a try. However most of them don't know English words.

If you guys offer us the text file, I do have a group and can translate it into Chinese which can boost the game population ( which is exactly what we need in this game) . There are about hundreds of them waiting for Chinese localization by rough count. 

If you guys already doing it, make it a good quality one ( PLZ don't use Google translate or sth like that to translate full sentences ) .

Contact me if you are interested : )

• Like 7

Translate Naval Action game text files are always helpful Chinese newbie to quickly enjoy game play.

ours Naval action group chat over 400 players,  clan group over 150 players,  have Interests over 1200 players

We want more Chinese player back to game. make the playerbase beautiful. 

Edited by as24862486

This is a good initiative and I hope that we will get lots of more asians into this game. However, I believe that the reason that the devs haven't done something already to translate this game into other languages is because as long as it is in alpha, the game is going to be put through many changes, which will also affect the text in the game. Translating it now will mean that every time they make any change to the game they also have to spend the effort and time to go through all the translated text and correct for the changes. While expanding the reach of the game is good, doing the translations for the game already at this point is ineffective unfortunately. As soon as the major changes to the game, as well as the UI, are set, devs have indicated that the game is going to receive translations for asian languages as well as some other languages.

• Like 1

Oooohhhh great, give us more Chinese Danes to fear on the seas! :D It will be great to see this implemented for our SEA friends. Would also be nice for a Spanish translation, as I have quite a few Central and South American friends who have friends who don't understand English well.

12 hours ago, Anolytic said:

This is a good initiative and I hope that we will get lots of more asians into this game. However, I believe that the reason that the devs haven't done something already to translate this game into other languages is because as long as it is in alpha, the game is going to be put through many changes, which will also affect the text in the game. Translating it now will mean that every time they make any change to the game they also have to spend the effort and time to go through all the translated text and correct for the changes. While expanding the reach of the game is good, doing the translations for the game already at this point is ineffective unfortunately. As soon as the major changes to the game, as well as the UI, are set, devs have indicated that the game is going to receive translations for asian languages as well as some other languages.

Your point is real, but translation does take time as well, It's better to start it earlier especially the language with low community  support ( which costs more time) .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Oooohhhh great, give us more Chinese Danes to fear on the seas! :D It will be great to see this implemented for our SEA friends. Would also be nice for a Spanish translation, as I have quite a few Central and South American friends who have friends who don't understand English well.

Yes, multi-language is always welcome XD. I see there are a lot Spanish players on PVP1 server.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elite92 said:

they speak russian, and the game is only in english.

u wont see any other language localization before the release, im sorry.

I'm not saying get it done before release, it is most likely impossible to get it done by that time. That's why we have to start earlier. :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Captain Melon said:

PLZ don't use Google translate or sth like that to translate full sentences ) .

Yes please, we have had enough time chatting back and forth with it. I'm just glad ya'll send the guys that understand English way better than I understand Chinese to chat with us.

I think if they got more SEA players in the game it can help fill other nations too, cause not every one would want to be of the same clan and nation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think if they got more SEA players in the game it can help fill other nations too, cause not every one would want to be of the same clan and nation.  

This, when new chinese players talking about age of sail,  pretty sure most of them would decide to go British empire ( 80%) and France (20%) , these two nations is the most powerful force in their's normal knowledges about the game backgrond.

but well, im very happy to see some chinese players in the other side, then we could fight each others when U.S timezone players are sleeping :) 

Edited by DekomoriDesu
  • Like 1