Game-Labs Forum

Post Battle Salvaging

So an idea I had bouncing around to reduce the number of people just going straight to port after a battle and increase loot drops is to have shipwreck like objects to appear after a battle. These post battle shipwrecks will reflect in some variable the ships that were in the battle. These shipwrecks would contain mainly ship building parts based on the type of ship sunk. Also, on a various range, dropping rare items as well. Basically salvaging through wrecks after a battle. Just an idea I been playing around with that will hopefully create an increase of open world activity, increasing battle activity, and creating a new element of the game.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

But isn't that what post battle loot is?

It is in a way yes. But get rid of the post battle loot system. Add this system in and rather than little guarantee of reward at least this way you can take a chance to be rewarded in mainly ship parts "salvaged" from wrecks and if lucky other rare items. This will be done in an Open World so even others can swoop in and salvage the wrecks. Possibly after a short timer if it gets to where the one that participated in the battle are being beaten to the loot because of loading time. 

49 minutes ago, koltes said:

This could be combined with my idea of 1 dura ships. Everything is open to loot. All upgrades staying on the ship whether its sunk or captured. Though all upgrades are craftable and thus recoverable.

Absolutely disagree with implementing one dura to all ships. Find it to be the fastest way to kill the game. 

20 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Absolutely disagree with implementing one dura to all ships. Find it to be the fastest way to kill the game. 

Ahh ok! Because looting shit without someone loosing shit is great of economy?

[sarcastic]Thats why hardcore PVP mindset (risk of loosing everything vs high rewards) has killed EVE Online which has been dead pretty much for 10 years now? Ultima Online been absolutely disaster. Asheron's Call Darktide had less players than any other AC servers. Shadobane attracted no players and Darkfall had people sitting in cities and not attacking each other.[/sarcastic]

Surely risk of loosing a ship will make everyone rage quit or... finally choose the right server?

(!) Reminder: you are sailing on PVP server.

Edited by koltes

24 minutes ago, koltes said:

Ahh ok! Because looting shit without someone loosing shit is great of economy?

[sarcastic]Thats why hardcore PVP mindset (risk of loosing everything vs high rewards) has killed EVE Online which has been dead pretty much for 10 years now? Ultima Online been absolutely disaster. Asheron's Call Darktide had less players than any other AC servers. Shadobane attracted no players and Darkfall had people sitting in cities and not attacking each other.[/sarcastic]

Surely risk of loosing a ship will make everyone rage quit or... finally choose the right server?

(!) Reminder: you are sailing on PVP server.

9688866.gif

Not going to waste my time debating over a subject I hardly care for, off topic, and other parties involved are unwilling to see other views. 

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

The reason there is return to port is to help solve the problem of revenge fleets camping a battle site. So now you want to give revenge fleets free loot?

46 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

That wouldn't be bad. It just seemed to suggest in the original post that  the wreck appear right after battle so people would return to the open world and not the nearest friendly port. 

That is actually what I meant. It is a risk/reward. You can go back to friendly port and hope that no one took the salvage if you want to head back, or risk going into open world and attempting to salvage right then and there. Obviously, these wrecks would be removed after either a set time limit or at maintenance. So we will be seeing more individuals as well hunting for wrecks in open world looking to salvage from other battles as well.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

The Bottles could even be generated from our own battles :) and be found by others and... and.... etc

I like this better as long as it locks folks from dumping cargo.  Which is kinda annoyin but not as much as the guys that just surrender at the start of a fight without even trying.