Game-Labs Forum

Clan Leaders aren't logging on anymore

Nelson Hornblower

11 days? That's still not much. Some leaders didn't login for 3-6 months in big clans. I think Devs can't give you the officer tag on their own, but I don't have any authority and it's just my presumption. Sorry in advance for offtopic.

In other games once Leader is offline for 1-2 weeks, there is a voting for new leader. It fixes most of the problems...

It should be possible for the clan leader to step down and chose his own replacement from the officers. Or possible for officers to promote and demote other officers. Still only the clan leader can create warehouse (I think), so prefere the first option.

Option to change clan leader is not enough. There must be option to start voting for new leader once current is inactive for over 2 weeks. Some leaders just stop playing without word.

@Tiedemann Officers can kick or demote? each other, but cannot promote. Actually officers should have no rights to interact between each other.

FTS have no active leader. There is now OAKS1 clan in GB nation. TARS turned into DOGZ. MAC turned into AHOY. SORRY had different leaders in past. 7UP is now some new clan with weird numbers, as Pellasgos is not playing. This is the problem of dozens clans in all nations.

Edited by sruPL

3 minutes ago, Major General La Fayette said:

The clan leader of [ACR] (Charognard) isn't playing since June 2016, before leaving he promoted some officers (Tenakha, Templar Phoenix, some others and me) and the clan is working like a normal one :)

1. You can't move clan warehouse (guess you have CW in Fort Royal...)

2. You can't promote new officers

Clan without a leader is like a ship without captain. Of course it can set sail... but I wouldn't call it working like a normal vessel.

Edited by sruPL

Just now, sruPL said:

1. You can't move clan warehouse (guess you have CW in Fort Royal...)

2. You can't promote new officers

Clan without a leader is like a ship without captain. Of course it can set sail... but I wouldn't call it working like a normal vessel.

Yeah i agree but we don't need/want to move our warehouse and actually there is no need to promote a new officer, and if it's really needed we can ask him to log in and promote some officers.

2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Been out for a while so no it is not early access. 

Many thanks. On that regard I must say I like a lot the Company Tool of another alpha project ( war of rights ). Simple and to the point and given the historical background a similar effect could be achieved here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

It should be possible for the clan leader to step down and chose his own replacement from the officers. Or possible for officers to promote and demote other officers. Still only the clan leader can create warehouse (I think), so prefere the first option.

Clan creater can leave and it goes to the next officer in line, though would be nice if he could appoint some one as his replacement.

3 hours ago, Ink said:

We will provide an option to change clan leader

Maybe along with that option a log of who puts stuff in and takes out of the clan warehouse folks been asking for.  Would be nice if we had a few more positions like have your leaders (senior officers) that can do every thing the creater can but they can't disband the clan.  Only the creater can do that and only he can appoint senior officers.  Than have junior officers that can do the recruitment.  They can add folks or remove them from the clan and get into the warehouse, but they can't edit the clan info or promote.

3 hours ago, Major General La Fayette said:

The clan leader of [ACR] (Charognard) isn't playing since June 2016, before leaving he promoted some officers (Tenakha, Templar Phoenix, some others and me) and the clan is working like a normal one :)

Some times it's best to lust let a clan go. I personally wouldn't trust a clan that has a leader that doesn't appoint any officers to deal with the day to day stuff.  So if there is no other officers in that clan it might be time for it to just die out.

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

In other mmo, like SWTOR, if the guild leader hasnt been online for 30 days the leadership goes automatically to the next guy with the hightest guild rank and online activity.

I wouldn't want the 30 day thing, but having Senior officers with the same powers as the creator other than they can't appoint other senior officers or disband the clan would help.  Than have juniors officers that can add and remove folks from the clan.  Only Clan Creater/Leader and Senior Officers can promote normal clan members to Junior Officer status.  All officers can recruit and remove normal clan members.  Would be nice to maybe have a recruit/probational rank too.  These guys can't even see what is in the clan warehouse like normal members or even put stuff in it.  It's meant for new members.

As above we need a log of who puts stuff into the warehouse and take it out that only officers can see.   I think if you had this more clans would be willing to trust to make more folks officers or even junior officers.  Specially will be handy since we will soon be able to put stuff like notes and paints in clan warehouses. 

7 hours ago, sruPL said:

11 days? That's still not much. Some leaders didn't login for 3-6 months in big clans. I think Devs can't give you the officer tag on their own, but I don't have any authority and it's just my presumption. Sorry in advance for offtopic.

In other games once Leader is offline for 1-2 weeks, there is a voting for new leader. It fixes most of the problems...

yes for many clans there are these problems

i  dont understand why the defs do not implement a system where after 3 weeks of absence  a vote system comes in place to make a new clan leader 

(3 officers vote within a minute voting and 2 mil each on the vote)

its killing clans and most of all the game

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Clan creater can leave and it goes to the next officer in line, though would be nice if he could appoint some one as his replacement.

Actually. When we tested that in our clan, clan creator could not leave, only dissolve the clan.

Edited by Anolytic

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Actually. When we tested that in our clan, clan creator could not leave, only dissolve the clan.

Well he has to delete his char, sorry should of added that in there.  He can't just leave the clan, so yah that option needs to be added.  So some one can step down.