Game-Labs Forum

PVP 2 Port Battle performance and lag.

Sir Texas Sir

We been noticning in the larger battles, mainly ship of the liens lately there been some pretty bad lag.  I mean to the point tonight we couldn't see our shots and some times looked like some one was shooting us cause the lag of the shots going off.  You see the register hits on top of your screen but you never see the actually fire of the cannons.   I run a pretty high end system at ultra settins and do get a FPS drop when in big battles but that is cause of all the cannon balls going off and such, but this is just pure lag and I wasn't the only one that was expierience it tonight. I mean it was worse than if I was in a small battle on PvP1 where I have a higher ping.   Is there some issues going on with the servers.  We have been having this isssues the last few big port battles we had.   The smaller ones don't seem to have as much of an issue.

• Like 2

Ya, I've just now started getting used to seeing it register the hits and then 20 seconds later the gfx catches up and finally fires. It used to scare me when the timing made it look like I was friendly firing. I used to think it was my laptop's problem, but turns out it's happening to nearly everyone.

You should of heard our coms at the port battle, "SUCH AND SUCH STOP SHOOTING ME."  It was the gfx from there shots a few bits ago showing finally.  I also noticed it while I was in boarding even though I was doing good  I could tell there was a lag causes of all the cannon fire going on around me while I was in the middle of it.  Not using it for any excuse in the battle, but if we are starting to see performance issues on the server and it's server side issues we need to let the Devs know.  IT's been like this the last few weeks but gettting worse and worse, but not as noticeable in the smaller number Port Battles or ones no one fight in.  I can norally leave my other two game char on during a port battle.  I have to log them out when the fight started to help keep the lag down.

• Like 1

YES! I have noticed in many of the larger battles where we approach 30+ ships in battle that I will get massive graphics lag. Like others I used to think it was on my end (mainly because my graphics card is not the best in the world), but now I'm not so sure.... Anyways its kind of frustrating when you think you see friendly fire, but its really just the graphics catching up. Hope this can be resolved.

• Like 1

If you are 40+ people in a Lineship PB this is a pretty common experience on PvP1 too. So it is nothing to do with the PvP2 server specifically. Check out some of the videos of the most epic fights on PvP1 and you see this in most of them. It can take 30 seconds before your guns visibly fire after you shoot them. However the gunfire all registers when you click the button, and you will see the penetrations and so on on the screen without delay. It is only the graphics representation that is delayed.

On PvP1 we've learned to live with it, and now it doesn't even get commented on most of the time. One way we've learned to live with it is to just hurry up and sink some of the brits in the battle. Once they're down there are less ships firing, and less gunfire to model, so the lag will subside. It's a great workaround.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anolytic said:

If you are 40+ people in a Lineship PB this is a pretty common experience on PvP1 too. So it is nothing to do with the PvP2 server specifically. Check out some of the videos of the most epic fights on PvP1 and you see this in most of them. It can take 30 seconds before your guns visibly fire after you shoot them. However the gunfire all registers when you click the button, and you will see the penetrations and so on on the screen without delay. It is only the graphics representation that is delayed.

On PvP1 we've learned to live with it, and now it doesn't even get commented on most of the time. One way we've learned to live with it is to just hurry up and sink some of the brits in the battle. Once they're down there are less ships firing, and less gunfire to model, so the lag will subside. It's a great workaround.

Yah there is a slight performance drop that i"m use to, but this wasn't that.  This was like major lag in performance and actions.   Even in normal ones I would see my cannons connect and get the hit count.  We are currently not even seeing that and than yous ee your guys fire several seconds later.  IT's like if some one from SEA/AUS was playing on PvP1 with really bad ping and the delay.   It's that same lag and we don't normally get that bad even with the big battles.   

Even if you have good connections this shouldn't be happening and sounds like they have some big time op[optimize issues if there is that much lag in the game play.  How is the game going to perform when there is 1K's of players if we ever get back up to those numbers and several port battles going on at once?  You will loose players like crazy compared to other games that run smooth with big battles.

• Like 1

Yah we where doing fleets missions tonight to flip a port and we had 9-12 guys and it was doing it too.  Like I said we are use to a little when it's 25 vs 25 first rates, but seems the game been laggin bad even in smaller fights.  I haven't been in a big 4th rate or below fight in a bit to test that but we have one coming up so will check.