Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Timers - by day of week

Assuming we go back to port battle timers, I would like to propose we have timers for each day of the week.

The issue today, you play on a weekend in the morning or during the day, you can end up scheduling a port battle during the week when many people cannot attend.  A 10am PB on a weekend is OK for me, but 10am on a weekday, I'm working.

I would propose each region have timers by day of the week, rather than a single time slot for all days.  With a total number of hours allowed for attackers being assigned to different days.  In the example below - having 8 x 2 hour time slots that have to be assigned by the lord protector - one for each weekday, three over the weekends - with the weekend day time slots spread a minimum of 6 hours apart.

For example - using eastern USA time

• Monday - 8pm-10pm
  • Tuesday- 8pm-10pm
  • Wednesday- 8pm-10pm
  • Thursday- 8pm-10pm
  • Friday- 8pm-10pm
  • Saturday - 8am-10am, 6pm-8pm
  • Sunday - 10am-12noon

Then when the attacker buys the flag from the admiralty, the flag is purchased for 2-3 days into the future.

When you convert these times to Australian or Chinese times, there is always at least 1 day of the week were each port can be attacked in a players primetime.

The reason for only one extra slot on the weekend, Sunday night in the USA, is Monday morning in Australia or China.

Thoughts?

Edited by ElricTheTwo

These are world wide servers so we should be able to fight any time we have players on to do so except within a reasonable time before servers go down (2 hours port battle set since they are only 1.5 long would work) and time after the servers come back up.   So lets say 2 hour window would mean 2 hours from when updates get done so 3 hours from server maintenance one hour.  This will give plenty of time to get set up for the port battle with the new 30 min log out rule being put into place.  

If we where to lock times it should be like the old system where who ever captures the region can set one of the 3-4 prime times for that regions.  Just use the times for the PvP events even though that is kinda short windows.   Your current times listed leaves out SEA/AUS players during the week.   It also leaves out folks that work nights or swing shifts.  Many moons ago when I got into online gaming I would pick EU and SEA/AUS servers cause I worked the grave yard/night shift and by time I got home and the rest of the US was at work they are getting on to play too.  I live in the US so why should I not be able to play during my prime times?   We have some EU players on PvP2 also that would be locked out from player (even though you rarely see there prime time port battles).   Think of this.  8pm to 10pm EST is 7pm to 9pm CST and 5pm to 7pm PST.  Some of us are just getting home at that 5-6 mark if we are PST.   Some don't even log on until later.  Most of my clan doesn't get active until around that time for CST so we have to rush to get into the battles an set up instead of taking our time to do something an hour or two later and than finishing it within two hours.  And remember you can only have 2 port battles attacks per nation.  This would limit it even more with only one port battle slot per nation a night attack.   Since it's only a 2 hour window and most of them take the full 1.5 hours to fight.

Remember server needs to be set as if we have 1K plaeyrs all the time and not the current poplation we have on our server or even PvP1's

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Assuming we go back to port battle timers, I would like to propose we have timers for each day of the week.

The issue today, you play on a weekend in the morning or during the day, you can end up scheduling a port battle during the week when many people cannot attend.  A 10am PB on a weekend is OK for me, but 10am on a weekday, I'm working.

I would propose each region have timers by day of the week, rather than a single time slot for all days.  With a total number of hours allowed for attackers being assigned to different days.  In the example below - having 8 x 2 hour time slots that have to be assigned by the lord protector - one for each weekday, three over the weekends - with the weekend day time slots spread a minimum of 6 hours apart.

For example - using eastern USA time

• Monday - 8pm-10pm
  • Tuesday- 8pm-10pm
  • Wednesday- 8pm-10pm
  • Thursday- 8pm-10pm
  • Friday- 8pm-10pm
  • Saturday - 8am-10am, 6pm-8pm
  • Sunday - 10am-12noon

Then when the attacker buys the flag from the admiralty, the flag is purchased for 2-3 days into the future.

When you convert these times to Australian or Chinese times, there is always at least 1 day of the week were each port can be attacked in a players primetime.

The reason for only one extra slot on the weekend, Sunday night in the USA, is Monday morning in Australia or China.

Thoughts?

If the attacker choose the hour,defender should be able to choose the day..Assuming we get again the "scheduled" PBs.

Unless, each nation has timer for each port/region,and the attacker must attack at that particular time :)

Edited by Fenris

Problem is mixing ppl with different time zones.

It makes no sense that USA players put port battles at 03 Am in european server. When ppl needs to sleep.

Maybe it would be great to give defenders the option to move the battle time few hours back if PB is set over 00:00. 

Edited by Trastámara

28 minutes ago, Trastámara said:

Problem is mixing ppl with different time zones.

It makes no sense that USA players put port battles at 03 Am in european server. When ppl needs to sleep.

Maybe it would be great to give defenders the option to move the battle time few hours back if PB is set over 00:00. 

This doesn't fix the chance of other nationalities to participate in Port Battles, moving the PB back a few hours if it is after 00:00 isn't solving the problem and restricts Which nationalities can play this game.

If you know a Nation plays move in the evenings, flip them in the mornings... Cannot see why so many people want PB's only to suit there time!

8 hours ago, Rick Astley said:

This doesn't fix the chance of other nationalities to participate in Port Battles, moving the PB back a few hours if it is after 00:00 isn't solving the problem and restricts Which nationalities can play this game.

If you know a Nation plays move in the evenings, flip them in the mornings... Cannot see why so many people want PB's only to suit there time!

Because in the morning. Most of the ppl is working. Battles starting at 23:00 are fair enough , but ...after 00:00 , they r kinda annoying, it affects ur real life.

Edited by Trastámara

4 hours ago, Trastámara said:

Because in the morning. Most of the ppl is working. Battles starting at 23:00 are fair enough , but ...after 00:00 , they r kinda annoying, it affects ur real life.

Yes true but your plans for 23:00 are times for other countries working and sleeping so it's unfair on them also