Game-Labs Forum

Experiment Two complete regarding the case of the ALY CHARLES HUNTER

All,

If you think this is in the wrong thread then you have my humble apologies. Ive entered it here as an "Expert witness" on how too... exploits in the case of the ALT CHARLES HUNTER.

Even though the thread was closed I feel this extra data you will find interesting Dev, Pirate, Player or PvP(1) onlooker a like...

The first experiment I replicated was what Ancolyte said was impossible and has now withdrawn his reply to JG14 Cunz. Can a same Nation PC increase a negative hostile effect. YES.

Experiment Two The Sante Fe Pop

What the ALT CHARLES HUNTER did was pop Belize. At the same time both Pirate and Dane were aggressively raising hostilies in multi ports. Great strategy no one had any clue what was going on. The thing was, in all this short window of time was server numbers still remained low. We (elite) plus allies CKA and Yanks pushing Ponce and Santo Damingo were forced to reevaluate the situation to protect and defend Belize.

I sent Patrols to find the Dane missions in the Les Cayes area, In Santo Lago, Port-au-Prince, Cap-Francis... the last one I was looking for Pirate missions, and not to defend Belize. Now I might not have the biggest clan in GB but we have some very smart players. They found not one mission. Why the Guide "Magic Pirate & the Lost Mission" was originally wrote in STEAM... I wanted to jump them while at it...

The Second Experiment

The key is and was SPEED. How fast can I pop it. The War Supplies are no good in this case. So the thread above starts to drift of topic for some strange reason. I decided the only way was to show how and WHY its done start to finish. I and ELITE are still very new to PvP US(2) and I cannot say how long this practice as being going on. But this is how its done and why...

Norfolk nChance... sails to Pedro Cay in a Rattlesnake only.

Does six RA Missions all fail. Notices other players around doing mission but doesn't interdict. Sails somewhere that's shallows and not close to a Pirate or Dane hub. It will need effort to get there and stay there for no added value, they would probably just let the PB fail. Sante Fe and the region it sits within are perfect.

Norfolk does six full missions first all RA. Also without fleet, this is important. You see if read the guide you may enter my missions within the first 5 minutes. So I might have left but my fleet ships would still be there sinking or fighting... ie you know its Norfolk's Mission. get the idea? Never use fleet extras. Now Both Pedo Cay and Sante Fe regions hostilities rise but are still quite small.

The Pirates are also raising hostiles on there own GB target regions with too the Danes. This with  only 78 players on the server. I start complaining where are all the pirates and Danes... ? Even a Dane clan leader admits to only having two players on the server in another thread...

I couldn't POP Sante Fe at first because they had two PBs already lined up. RULE you can only have Two PBs on the go at anyone time. Once one was out of the way I locked it in and Pop... Locks OUT Pirates doing anything else. Sir Texas also comments on this in the Thread above...

I took no part in the PB and just left it.

It takes JUST 1 player. I can now in theory lock out PIRATE from all PBs. They can only screen. I just need to keep reopening new areas. Also I'm now making them come to me and fight on my ground and on my terms.

I have NO ALTs, this right now is not even a cheat. However I believe players with ALTs have being doing this time and again. The give away SPEED without mission visibility because its your own nation. You in theory are playing against yourself. If you see higher hostility in your region but only see a friendly mission happening... well now you know

All times and evidence Ink can have

this was not to hurt the Pirate Nation, you have my apologies. It was to show all how CHALES HUNTERs ALT was so damaging to GB Nation and our allies and Naval Action as a GAME. I think this exploit should be closed without shutting out ALTs.

Norfolk nChance.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

However I believe players with ALTs have being doing this time and again. The give away SPEED without mission visibility because its your own nation.

I take exception to this.  This is a very broad accusation.  The Pirates specifically (Black Clan) have not made any moves on the regions in question with our focus being on Operation Cameltoe along the US east coast and defending Castries.  Anyone who has spent time watching Joba's Twitch stream, could see that we pull 200exp missions and can grind a region up in approximately an hour or so(sometimes much less depending on how many we have doing it).

Ned,

Please don't take exception. The pirate nation I used in my experiment was to prove the exploit that should be closed. I never finger pointed or inferred any Nation of wrong doing. If that came across in my poorly worded script it was wrong.

The intent is to stop this exploit but not the use of ALTs. That is all.

regards

Norfolk nChance

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but I'm having trouble understanding what you're describing.

Do you mean you take non-fleet Combat missions and just escape from them as fast as possible one after another? You've left so the NPC assist ships are outmatched and get sunk. Pirate hostility rises for the region because the NPC pirate ships won?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angus McGregor said:

,Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but I'm having trouble understanding what you're describing.

Do you mean you take non-fleet Combat missions and just escape from them as fast as possible one after another? You've left so the NPC assist ships are outmatched and get sunk. Pirate hostility rises for the region because the NPC pirate ships won?

Fleet or non-fleet would have similar results.  But yes, deliberately take missions, then quickly exit to ensure they generate aggression for the opposition.  Whether Pirate or a Nation it doesn't really matter.  It would seem the larger the ship used, the larger the difference in BR after the instigator exits.  Given most missions have slightly more BR for the enemy to start with, picking a regular mission and exiting would create the largest imbalance and result in the vast majority of these missions completing with aggression for the opposition.

It is also possible to get this to work the other way around - but it would take a little more work than immediately exiting.  Once you get ahead in fleet missions, exit and leave the AI to clean up.  What would normally take 30-40 minutes to complete, would be finished in 20+ minutes.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 2