Game-Labs Forum

PC Requirements for optimal game settings?

Dreadsteel

Question

Hello, I have a question about PC requirements to run the game. I know the actual requirements and recommended requirements to play. But what is required to play the game a the maximum/near maximum settings? I know next to nothing about gaming PCs, and I plan on getting one soon. So I figured I might as well get one that will play the game at its best. What is recommended for playing the game at max settings? Parts/PC recommendations? I appreciate any help. 

6 answers to this question

This game seems to be rather CPU-intensive, but a current series mid-range CPU (Intel i5 or i7 series 6 or 7) should do fine. GPU-wise, any current high-endish gaming GPU (Nvidia GTX 960 series or above) should do. Concerning RAM, I really couldn't say, but these days it wouldn't really make sense to have less than 8Gb on a gaming rig. 

To illustrate, I run it on a GTX 1070 with a 5 year old i5 2500k at max settings and get a pretty solid 40fps in all situations, never reaching 60 though. Upgrading the GPU from a GTX 660 ti allowed me to max out the options while still gaining FPS, but the improvement was marginal compared to other games, which leads me to believe my ancient, CPU is to blame for the less-than-perfect performance.

Edited by VonBarb
INTEL, not AMD, duh...

On an old fashioned AMD FX-6300 with 16GB RAM and an AMD RX 480 8GB I have constantly 60 fps in OW with ultra settings. Only in big brawl battles I have to put the settings in medium as the frame rate is dropping quite a lot. 

There are certain aspects of the game that are very poorly optimized. You can get a very good experience at med-high settings with mid-range components very easily. Something like an i5-3xxx or newer and a GTX 970 would give you great performance at 1080p on high settings. However, forget about ultra (everything maxed) on anything above 1080p. I run on a 4790k and GTX 1080 (all OC'd on a custom loop) at 3440x1440 and there are a couple graphics settings that when turned up will tank my fps in to the 20's just on OW, AA and shadow quality being among them. You'll have to fiddle with the settings yourself once you get a setup, but any decent mid-range gaming rig will run this game very well, just not maxxed.

Edited by SirDerpsAlot

I am currently running the game on E8400, 8Gb RAM, and HD6950 2Gb. Got around 30 FPS on medium settings. Lag could be pretty bad in large (PB) battles, but only when I am in thick of the action and there are many ships around. So, with some system and settings optimization, one can play this game on modest / older rigs.

Well did a bit of a test play(no time available for longer sessions hopefully will be able during the weekend) and i must say the game can be played on my rig without much isssues.

E6750@2.66 dual core

6GB RAM ddr2

RX480 4gb

Game is running 30+ fps in open world and does not drop by much when i had a few battles agains AI(8 ships in total)

After that i went and saw the options and the game was set at ultra in 1080p so by lowering the graphics i think it could be playable even i big battles.