fransgelden

Make ships having limited ammunition.

79 posts in this topic

We already have Medkits and Repair kits to eliminate the need to visit a port.  If you introduce limited ammo, the next request will be for ammo kits...

I can see (and I would like) limited grape and chain shot - but unlimited ball - we need to keep players playing....  the last thing the game needs is people exiting battles as they are out of ammo.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

We already have Medkits and Repair kits to eliminate the need to visit a port.  If you introduce limited ammo, the next request will be for ammo kits...

I can see (and I would like) limited grape and chain shot - but unlimited ball - we need to keep players playing....  the last thing the game needs is people exiting battles as they are out of ammo.

Agree.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:09 PM, admin said:

Its a great idea 

but the problem is that it is a great idea for a new player (more immersion, tactical thought etc). Once you start returning for ammo from time to time - you will hate it. 

Let them group mates trade each other in open sea, changing some ammo if one guy run out of ammo

1 person likes this

Yes, but with about 80-100 rounds for cannon, there are enough hits to various battles. This fear of running out of shots is absolutely unfounded.

In any war game are limited ammunition; otherwise we're going to play other, perhaps a fantasy game or cards.

Edited by JeanJacques de Montpellier
1 person likes this