Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

You (and I think you'll know if I'm talking to you) have a very clear pattern of excuses: If we have low turnout at a port battle, we're carebears or are afraid to fight without far superior numbers. If you have a low turnout, it's because you're not interested or the time is inconvenient. I'm sure you and your clan(s) have enough ALTS in our TS and chat to know that there is no plan to roll small nations or only fight when we have overwhelming numbers.

The truth here is neither side has the number of dedicated players currently interested to fill port battles every time, every day. When the few of you and the few of us are motivated at the same time, we'll have good battles. When you're motivated and we're not, our ports will fall. When we're motivated and you are not, you'll lose yours. I don't know how many active port battle players each nation will need to stop all one-sided battles but the number is in the hundreds per nation. Right now, it's too easy to cause a port battle compared to the difficulty of filling them up consistently.

20 minutes ago, Farrago said:

You (and I think you'll know if I'm talking to you) have a very clear pattern of excuses: If we have low turnout at a port battle, we're carebears or are afraid to fight without far superior numbers. If you have a low turnout, it's because you're not interested or the time is inconvenient. I'm sure you and your clan(s) have enough ALTS in our TS and chat to know that there is no plan to roll small nations or only fight when we have overwhelming numbers. Sounds like some one a little paranoid...lol we don't need alts to spy in your clan.  In fact don't worry none of us has alts in any of the big clans on the other side.  Really you guys do know that majority of your own nations have alts too that we know about.  Prob more than we have.

The truth here is neither side has the number of dedicated players currently interested to fill port battles every time, every day. When the few of you and the few of us are motivated at the same time, we'll have good battles. When you're motivated and we're not, our ports will fall. When we're motivated and you are not, you'll lose yours. I don't know how many active port battle players each nation will need to stop all one-sided battles but the number is in the hundreds per nation. Right now, it's too easy to cause a port battle compared to the difficulty of filling them up consistently.

really didn't ya'l just take a french port today?   How about all the sewed ports taken last week when Danes weren't in a alliance with them?

Yes numbers are down, but with that folks should be working on leveling folks and getting crafting up, but suddenly no one fights back and the US/GB get off there ass and start taking port back?  Funny how they weren't doing crap before the announcement.  No this is the same thing they did last time we had a big patch and folks stopped playing until the patch came out.  US/GB rolled all the nations down to one port before the patch came out, but you wouldn't know that cause aren't you a fairly new player?  History tends to repeat it self.  They only want to fight when no one is fighting them.   If they had so much energy they would of been fighting back when we where taking there ports and than flipping them back after cool down.   Sorry man you really don't have a clue about the politics and history of this server.   In fact do you even play any more?

And notice I'm not complaining about them setting port battles at 5pm when most folks aren't even home, my complaint is they know folks aren't playing so they are pushing to take all the ports.   That fine we will see them at the port battles.   We been sinking plenty of them on the OW while they are grinding.  It's just funny they suddenly get there act up when they know folks aren't being active in game and they are using there numbers to win (which they should of been doing weeks ago when there was folks of equal numbers to fight them).

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

PS the last few screen shots i seen had folks I haven't seen in a good while in the port battles.  So apparently your not short as many players as you think.  Folks are prob popping back in to get there stuff in order before the patch while the rest of us that have them in order is taking time off.  Like I said enjoy yall's roll and the little ports you will have as it will be a totally different ball game after the patch.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

really didn't ya'l just take a french port today?   How about all the sewed ports taken last week when Danes weren't in a alliance with them?

Yes numbers are down, but with that folks should be working on leveling folks and getting crafting up, but suddenly no one fights back and the US/GB get off there ass and start taking port back?  Funny how they weren't doing crap before the announcement.  No this is the same thing they did last time we had a big patch and folks stopped playing until the patch came out.  US/GB rolled all the nations down to one port before the patch came out, but you wouldn't know that cause aren't you a fairly new player?  History tends to repeat it self.  They only want to fight when no one is fighting them.   If they had so much energy they would of been fighting back when we where taking there ports and than flipping them back after cool down.   Sorry man you really don't have a clue about the politics and history of this server.   In fact do you even play any more?

And notice I'm not complaining about them setting port battles at 5pm when most folks aren't even home, my complaint is they know folks aren't playing so they are pushing to take all the ports.   That fine we will see them at the port battles.   We been sinking plenty of them on the OW while they are grinding.  It's just funny they suddenly get there act up when they know folks aren't being active in game and they are using there numbers to win (which they should of been doing weeks ago when there was folks of equal numbers to fight them).

I don't have a picture or anything but most of the Dutch stated they wouldn't go to windward.

I couldn't ever understand how BLACK could ignore Badbenny and Taurus' Racist and arguably ban worthy rants. You and BLACK "should" know the real glaring reason for the Dutch/US/Brit crusade against Sweden to bring them back to one region and to argue that they don't "deserve it" is hilarious. The demeanor of these two players is just unacceptable, so because they have "stopped" mouthing off against the chinese and start mouthing off the Dutch and Brits it's justified? I don't think so.

Can we go back to the fact that the 3 big nations all have done their fair share of "one porting" nations. To argue at one point that "I'm not doing it anymore and neither should you" is really a weak point to make. 

To make matters more glaring, ever since we knew the date the next patch is coming, or at least a time period, less players have logged in from all nations. It's just normal for it to happen and I can't help but wonder how you tend to bring up the past more than anyone and yet you tell everyone to not bring up the past, to put it bluntly.

but anyway #globalserver, and #thisdoesntmatteranymore.

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I don't have a picture or anything but most of the Dutch stated they wouldn't go to windward.

I couldn't ever understand how BLACK could ignore Badbenny and Taurus' Racist and arguably ban worthy rants. You and BLACK "should" know the real glaring reason for the Dutch/US/Brit crusade against Sweden to bring them back to one region and to argue that they don't "deserve it" is hilarious. The demeanor of these two players is just unacceptable, so because they have "stopped" mouthing off against the chinese and start mouthing off the Dutch and Brits it's justified? I don't think so.

Can we go back to the fact that the 3 big nations all have done their fair share of "one porting" nations. To argue at one point that "I'm not doing it anymore and neither should you" is really a weak point to make. 

To make matters more glaring, ever since we knew the date the next patch is coming, or at least a time period, less players have logged in from all nations. It's just normal for it to happen and I can't help but wonder how you tend to bring up the past more than anyone and yet you tell everyone to not bring up the past, to put it bluntly.

but anyway #globalserver, and #thisdoesntmatteranymore.

That is good for them.  To be honest this isn't about the DUTCH it's the US/GB I'm talking about doing these things.  Notice I didn't once say US/GB/DUTCH? 

I really don't care about the swedes and them.  I was trying to get Danes to drop them and pick up french/spain to be honest.  I agree with folks about how toxic those guys are to the server.  I just think it's funny that the GB/US decide to attack when they aren't in alliance is all.   Danes pretty much stopped playing until patch too so I'm sure they will get attacked soon any way.

Bring up some one is doing the same thing they did before is not the same thing as saying....Well ya'll did it once before when we currently aren't doing it at the moment.

But what ever...they can have there empty port battles and ports.  I'll be back when the patch comes out.  Just going to do econ for the LH to help folks and a port battle here or there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I really don't care about the swedes and them.  I was trying to get Danes to drop them and pick up french/spain to be honest.  I agree with folks about how toxic those guys are to the server.  I just think it's funny that the GB/US decide to attack when they aren't in alliance is all.   Danes pretty much stopped playing until patch too so I'm sure they will get attacked soon any way.

It was honestly just convenient timing. Swedes/Danes/Pirates stopped focusing/pushing against us Dutch and GB fervently, so we went forth on the offensive. Sweden was our target a while back even before the Danish alliance ended. Concerning the Dutch we just started attacking them because we finally had the time to, not having to counter grind and attend PB down in South America. 

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Majority of us Dutch did not do any grinding. Now, I say a majority because if a Dutch player did most of us were unaware. Cant control everyone and not going to tell someone what he can or cannot do outright. I think only three went to the PB by the way. Just for the PvP since the odds of the port flipping were very high to begin with, so why not show up and get what little action is left. I do know SMS stayed out of it even when we had a decent percentage of the clan on at that time. 

#whybother #globalserver #testbed 

Edited by Davos Seasworth

Just saying I think I'll spend a considerable amount of time driving trucks into Moscow within Hearts of Iron IV & Fulfilling the dream of Duke Charles de Bourgogne of a greater Burgundian Empire in Europa Universalis IV until this patch.

To echo my dear comrades ~

#whybother #globalserver #testbed #fireshipsforlife

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yes, I am fairly new, so perhaps that's why I'm able to more objectively view the bs that gets spewed here from both sides. And thanks for noticing that I haven't been playing. I was out of the country for a month so unable to play but still able to read and post on the forums. It's great to be back. I got to be in my first two port battles where I actually made it in. Although I was late arriving at them, I went thinking perhaps I could fight screeners but ended up getting in -- in 5th rates. I didn't ever get to fire a shot tho.

I'm not paranoid about your nor anyone's ALTS. I just know that you've admitted to having them. If these ALTS don't provide you with at least some intel about other nations' intentions, strengths, and weaknesses, you're doing it wrong, or at least you're missing out on value they could provide you beyond just having access to more labor hours. BTW, I think the way some folks have been treated as they were being accused of being spies is ridiculous and a big detriment to nation building. Anyway, both you and even some of our old-timers are so wrapped repeating accusations about what you think has happened in the past, that you all can no longer think objectively about the present and future. Oh well.

I've said this before: This game is designed for conquest. Trade, Crafting, Economy, and low intensity conflict (OW PVP) are just not developed enough so the only thing that players have to do right now -- if they want to play -- is to attack. Attacking leads to hostility generation, which leads to port battles, which leads to conquest. If you have a nation or group of nations that experiences a period when they are either particularly good at it, or perhaps just has the numbers, or perhaps just has the motivation, they are going to roll until they are either stopped by other nations or more often, simply grow tired. It is difficult for any of us to muster that kind of group effort for long enough to do it on purpose. It just happens despite -- at least I believe -- the fact that almost all of us want this game to do well and we know that if we wipe out our enemies, it hurts the game.

Kudos to you and your clan for using this time to help your newer players gain skills and level up in XP and crafting. That is what is happening with us as well although there are not that many of us still around. Still, several of our more experienced players have been helping me.

Yes, it sucks when two sides can't get the numbers and motivation to do it at the same time. There will be full port battles and there will be empty ones as long as we have the current mechanic for generating them, the current number are allowed per nation per day, and they can take place any time during a roughly 20 hour period 7 days a week. That is, unless we someday have an insane number of players in every nation. Then we'll be complaining that we can't get in the port battles. Wouldn't that be great... the map was so busy that the Devs have to figure out how to allow more conquest by expanding the map and opening more ports.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

PS the last few screen shots i seen had folks I haven't seen in a good while in the port battles.  So apparently your not short as many players as you think.  Folks are prob popping back in to get there stuff in order before the patch while the rest of us that have them in order is taking time off.  Like I said enjoy yall's roll and the little ports you will have as it will be a totally different ball game after the patch.

Some hours a few folks are around, sometimes you can hear the crickets chirping in nation chat. I'm with you, let's hope it is a different ball game after the patch.

6 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I'm not paranoid about your nor anyone's ALTS. I just know that you've admitted to having them. If these ALTS don't provide you with at least some intel about other nations' intentions, strengths, and weaknesses, you're doing it wrong, or at least you're missing out on value they could provide you beyond just having access to more labor hours. BTW, I think the way some folks have been treated as they were being accused of being spies is ridiculous and a big detriment to nation building. Anyway, both you and even some of our old-timers are so wrapped repeating accusations about what you think has happened in the past, that you all can no longer think objectively about the present and future. Oh well.

Maybe cause we don't use our alts like that.  I have two Pirates and a Dane.  SO why would i be getting intel from other nations?   I swear ya'll think the negative of every thing.  Not to mention I have never hid who my alts are either.  So yah keep looking in the shadows and blaming every new players as an alt (not you but the folks that do that) cause they are the ones running players off and out of there nations. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe cause we don't use our alts like that.  I have two Pirates and a Dane.  SO why would i be getting intel from other nations?   I swear ya'll think the negative of every thing.  Not to mention I have never hid who my alts are either.  So yah keep looking in the shadows and blaming every new players as an alt (not you but the folks that do that) cause they are the ones running players off and out of there nations. 

Actually I don't consider getting intel or interpreting open source information on enemy intentions a negative thing. I spent a good part of my adult life doing just that. I wasn't specifically saying YOUR alts but assume there are alts from every nation in every nation so folks hear things even when they aren't specifically spying. Other things are easy to interpret like pirates announcement that Operation Lone Ranger would be commencing It wasn't a big stretch for us to know that probably would mean silver. Other players announce openly what they are doing and where they are doing it. You just have to pay attention. We just aren't always in the position to do anything about it.

i agree with you tho that new players and players switching nations are too often treated with disrespect and distrust. And when that happens, the loss is ours.

Fair winds to you and your brethren. Let's hope better days are ahead for all of us in this game. 

Farrago, the play style for GB/USA is very much PvP avoidance - many of these players should be on PvE as that is all they do.  They only show in battles when they know they have overwhelming numbers, and schedule PB's accordingly.  Players under this alliance are not learning how to fight, not learning battle strategy, and relying on excessive numbers rather than ability to win.  PB's are scheduled when they know there will be few players opposing them.  The recent trend is for the better players in Dutch, USA and GB to leave and go over to the Pirates to get PvP.  It is very obvious why.  Part of the problem is the 'leadership' of clans and lack of clan-to-clan communication and/or agreement in each of these nations.

Over the last month, my attempts to get into equal combat with USA/GB players in OW has been frustrating - most just run or they surrender in battle before even fighting...  these are players accustomed to not fighting, or just flat-out don't want to learn.  Yesterday in a buc v buc battle, the USA player surrendered an intact ship - a brief attempt to run and then he was done....  sad.  Yes theCavalier I'm talking about you - an 800 crew captain.

Even with all the resources the USA/GB control, they can't even be bothered to craft good ships.  So many of the captured ships are just garbage redeemables - so they can't fight and are lazy as well...

Fortunately the wipe is coming, and a good number of players who want to PvP in the USA/GB/Dutch are considering changing nations.  With players from PvP1 coming into the Global server and merging with the PvP2 players, you can be sure this will change the balance, and these PvE care-bears are in for a shock.

Edited by ElricTheTwo

4 hours ago, Juan Alfonso said:

Just saying I think I'll spend a considerable amount of time driving trucks into Moscow within Hearts of Iron IV & Fulfilling the dream of Duke Charles de Bourgogne of a greater Burgundian Empire in Europa Universalis IV until this patch.

Kaiserreich! A few of us Dutch are actually trying to wrap up our EU IV game. Goal is to get it done before Testbed update.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Juan Alfonso said:

We have a mid 1600s EU4 game on right now. As a matter of a fact the freaking manufactories enlightenment spawned about 5 minutes after our last save. And somehow it spawned in Vietnam, at last the mother Russia will be equally behind as everyone else. But I'm sure you can join if you want, I'd probably not spawn as the Ottomans though, I think we all have huge grudges on them and plan on slaughtering them, again.

On another note, as Davos mentioned. We could also do some kaiserreich in HO4, we may also all get a game extender mod if we wanted and try for total global conquest. Maybe I'll become a Jewish nation and conquer Germany out of nowhere... hm. That would be ironic. 

• Like 1

Willimgton 4th Rate Port Battle:   13 Pirates (mostly fireships) vs 25 US/Brits

We came to have fun since every thing gets wiped in a few weeks any way.   Though I think it's funny how they had enough to fill the port battle, pluss screeners and flip Kidds all at the same time.  Guess patches bring out the players for there side or maybe it's the fact most of us are taking a break until the patch so they plan to role the map again. Would of loved all these fights back a few weeks again.  Have fun with all your ports and empty battles.  We may or may not show to some.  

hDmmKJ5.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Comrade I Stalin said:

It was a great  Wilmington BBQ party. Fun times. 

Yah I don't think they get we are't caring about ports, we are just having fun until the patch comes.  Hell when the testbed drops I'll prob be over there for a week straight checking it all out and breaking down new system and finding all the goodies we will need upon patch and merge.  Than they will complain when we are the first in certain ships they don't have yet.  

TEAM WORK....

The screen shot of us burning our fire ships for fun? Why not? Some people are too atached to imaginary ships in imaginary world of pixels to have fun. If its not fun anymore why play? The 8-9 of us who still play try to enjoy the game. The rest simply quit. Most will probably never come back (I hope I am wrong).

The other side decided to roll the empty map. I do not need the April 1st meeting to see their true colors. Server will be 70% US/GB in alliance. I still will try to have fun, and if its not possible, there are plenty of other games.  The Mega Alliances will have PVE and PVE Global  and PVE EU servers.

17 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Have fun with all your ports and empty battles.  We may or may not show to some.  

hDmmKJ5.jpg

Oh sure, but when we do it, its running away. alright. logic. *F12s this post, main source is "logic_lacking," secondary source has (no domain) and its main elements consist of 100% hypocrisy*  

But on a side note, if you all want to come out of navasse, all nations, and pirates included wanted to have a BBQ cookoff in the pvp event area out of navasse in lineships with all fireship fittings, that would be cool. 

17 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Oh sure, but when we do it, its running away. alright. logic. *F12s this post, main source is "logic_lacking," secondary source has (no domain) and its main elements consist of 100% hypocrisy*  

But on a side note, if you all want to come out of navasse, all nations, and pirates included wanted to have a BBQ cookoff in the pvp event area out of navasse in lineships with all fireship fittings, that would be cool. 

We weren't running, we fought.  Runing away means your not fighting.  We went straight into the middle of them and fought it out until we blew.

We plan to the last day to to a bunch of small battles with fireships.  That way every one can fight and no stupid alliances.  To be honest for the fun of it US/BRITS should break there alliance this go around since every thing is going to be wiped.  Oh wait they plan to roll the map any way.  Notice ya'll got French port up to 50%.  Don't tell me Rogue Dutch player?  I really wish all these active PvPers where out fighting us over the last month.  Funny how they only come out when they have numbers an no one to fight.   Well they can have the map.  Things will be different come patch/merger.   

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We weren't running, we fought.  Runing away means your not fighting.  We went straight into the middle of them and fought it out until we blew.

We plan to the last day to to a bunch of small battles with fireships.  That way every one can fight and no stupid alliances.  To be honest for the fun of it US/BRITS should break there alliance this go around since every thing is going to be wiped.  Oh wait they plan to roll the map any way.  Notice ya'll got French port up to 50%.  Don't tell me Rogue Dutch player?  I really wish all these active PvPers where out fighting us over the last month.  Funny how they only come out when they have numbers an no one to fight.   Well they can have the map.  Things will be different come patch/merger.   

Way to completely avoid what you know i meant. Its funny. I definitely remember pirates always saying how we could always fill port battles, and when we didnt its because we ran away. Alright, well we all know the pirates can too, and you didnt, so half of you must have ran. tsk tsk tsk.