Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

1 hour ago, Comrade I Stalin said:

I stand corrected. So how many are Alt and how many are real?  50/50 split would make it plausible forgot about Alts throwing the numbers up.

Remember nationals have alts too, so lets just say they equal each other out so it's prob about the same split percentage wise of those nations.   

1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

There are times I think the Alts outnumber the 'real' players... 

I wouldn't say that much, but I would say they prob at some times 10-20% of the server pop is prob alts of players and not just of one nations.  Every nation has folks with alts.  

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

So we can finally put the number game to rest. look like US/Brit/Dutch accounts the past weekend was 341 players and Pirate/Dane/Spain/France/Sweden was 204 (taken from sunday).

@Comrade I Stalin That is total numbers throughout the day. Some players who login early, are not only later, so these numbers are as accurate as we are going to get right now

I don't like adding pirates in any alliances as we can't join your port battles and you can't join ours.  So I broke it up more like this.

GB/DUT/US                    60%

DAN/FRA/SPA/SWE     20%

Pirates                           20%

I think these are pretty sound numbers.   Now as folks like to say, "This isn't the PvPers though."  Sorry not my fualt the majority of your players aren't into RvR or PvP, but I still see 25-50 players show up on that one allaince to port battles so they aren't lacking numbers when they want to show and no one expects 100% show at every port battle at every time, but when a nation can't field the same numbers at all port battle times and it's the only nation you attack than there is a problem.

So i am a little curious Sir Texas, what exactly are you driving towards? Say the alliance does break up, does that mean more battles for the pirates, NO. Does it mean less attacks on the smaller nations...NO. The ONLY thing it does mean is that US ports will have fewer defenders unless the US can actually get their heads out of their rear ends and actually learn to work together. Or is the few defenders the aspect that you are after, with that then the pirates could easily reduce a nation to 1 port like they have done in the past. Because lets face it, if you are complaining about the US wiping out smaller nations...the alliance DOES not enable that and removal of the alliance will not prevent it either. 

Oh and if you look at those numbers a little closer..that is the number of LOGINS over the span of a WEEK not the number of accounts. It is a ACTIVITY log only. So if ONE nation has a consistent number of players that log in every day compared to a large number from another nation that only logs in on the weekend then the numbers can be mislieading. That is why I asked for the admins to provide an ACCOUNT tally not an activity one.

For example..say each nation has 100 Accounts.

US players log in every day, British every 3 days, and Pirates every other day.

End of week results will be US = 700 / British = 200 / Pirates = 300. That is the difference between an Accounting Log and an Activity log.

13 minutes ago, Raekur said:

So i am a little curious Sir Texas, what exactly are you driving towards? Say the alliance does break up, does that mean more battles for the pirates, NO. Does it mean less attacks on the smaller nations...NO. The ONLY thing it does mean is that US ports will have fewer defenders unless the US can actually get their heads out of their rear ends and actually learn to work together. Or is the few defenders the aspect that you are after, with that then the pirates could easily reduce a nation to 1 port like they have done in the past. Because lets face it, if you are complaining about the US wiping out smaller nations...the alliance DOES not enable that and removal of the alliance will not prevent it either. 

It means US can fight there own fights.  It means Brits can fight there own fights.  As we have equal numbers.   I have no problem with the Brit/Dutch alliance.  That is actually a fair pick up it's when all three are in one alliance and all they do is attack small nations.  

Why do ya'll have few defenders?  You need to get folks that do log in into the port battles.  Why are there so many screeners out side of US on US port battle, but you have half of it filed with Brits.  Get those US player leveled up.  Same goes for brits.  Give your players something to do cause one of the biggest complaints I hear from small clans of the US/Brits is there is no one to fight other than Pirates and well we are a higher skill level.  If ya'll will stop attacking the small nations and we will prob drop back to just PvP in OW.  The only reason we are attacking major econ ports and pushing hard on ya'll cause you run from the equal fights (even when you out number us) or not show up, but you go to the fights where you severally out number the small nations.   What it does mean is if one of those nations attacks a small nation they have a better chance fighting only one nation not all three.  

13 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Oh and if you look at those numbers a little closer..that is the number of LOGINS over the span of a WEEK not the number of accounts. It is a ACTIVITY log only. So if ONE nation has a consistent number of players that log in every day compared to a large number from another nation that only logs in on the weekend then the numbers can be mislieading. That is why I asked for the admins to provide an ACCOUNT tally not an activity one.

For example..say each nation has 100 Accounts.

US players log in every day, British every 3 days, and Pirates every other day.

End of week results will be US = 700 / British = 200 / Pirates = 300. That is the difference between an Accounting Log and an Activity log.

Read again those are the numbers of log in each of those days taken for the day of Sat and Sun.  Can you take a second and get your info straight before you type.   Now the first braket.  Lets look at this chart once more.  The first braket listed as total is the total number of player son our server.   Yes I'll agree many of these folks are AFK and not logging in, but it lets you know the actuall size of each nation as a whole.  So lets ignore those numbers.   Now the second one listed Sat Mar 18 is the total number of players that logged in the last 24 hours.   I do believe there was a few PB those days so lets say these are going to be peek times.  The third bracket is Sunday Mar 19.  Which this was the day of Vera Cruz port battle so it had even higher spiked numbers.  I do agree the numbers don't tell active players and active PvP/RvR players, but it's to say the full number of players in nation.  Hell we do not see 100 pirates and I'm going to promise you just from our clan many of us have pirate alts so say 10 of us have pirate alts that is 20 of the 100 pirates that logged in that day (these aren't actual numbers just making them up).  That is for other nations to so it doesn't take into account for that either.   Look at the port battles listed in this thread and you will notice for the pirates it's the same 15-20 guys from BLACK every port battle with maybe 5 none clan members (we call them Mort Rats) filling the blanks and even than most of those are the same guys (Privateer and Storm Crow being two).   So even if BLACK and our alts count for half those 110 Pirates that log in the other half are the folks that don't get involved in RvR.  So lets use this for each nation and just cut it in half in numbers.    We will use Sunday as a good range of numbers to go off since it had the highest log in.

Pirate 110 players so we go with 50

Spain 29 so we go with 15 (they did have a port battle that day didn't they?)

Fracne 20 so we go with 10 (sounds about what Elric says he has)

GB 123 so we go with 60 (still more than pirates)

Dutch has 35 so 17 (which 17 is the most I seen them have in PB so I think this is a true number for that nation)

Swedes 13 so we will go with 6 (this is about right with RISE and Badbenny guys)

Dans 32 so we go with 15 (I think really the 32 is closer to there real numbers with the pirates alts and new clan)

US 183 so 90.......right there this shows that US has more than most nations if two paired up so there is no excuse for them to need GB help.

Now lets just drop all that silly numbers as it's just guessing....remember folks some times and specially close to a patch will just log on do there econ and than log off.  It's not our fault ya'll have so many carebears in your nations.  If you can't field the port battles than maybe you shouldn't have so many ports even though clearly by the devs numbers you have plenty of the players and they are logging in.  If you want more folks to show up you need to do things to get them out and fight and play.  I listed many times the biggest complaint we hear is no one to fight other than the pirates and small nations.  Well give them some one to fight.  You don't have to go to war, but if ya'll don't want to fight pirates cause we are OP (more skilled) than give them some one to fight with and get experience and more organized.  Rolling a nation with 30+ at a port battle when they can only field 10 will never get you guys better, it only encourages lazyness in your own nations and that is why ya'll keep loosing fights when you out number us 25 vs 19.   We fight all the time out number so we are use to it and that is why we win against those odds.   

dFbC8bb.png

Wilmington 4th Rate Port battle:  25 US/Brit/Dutch (only cause he was screening)  vs 25 Pirates

Good fight as we did the push from C to B, Let US push through to take C while we took A.  Than we returned and took both circles back along with the sink and captures 1000 points hit and won by Pirates.   Pirates had one fireship used at the start and it seems the US had a few of them, but I think it was more ships that caught on fire afterwards that did more damage.

Funny thing was the poor Dutch that was there to screen got tagged by a group of US.  They did let him go but would of been more funny if they had sunk him.  These guys seemed a bit hungry...lol

Good fight.

3L2hxdX.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It means US can fight there own fights.  It means Brits can fight there own fights.  As we have equal numbers.   I have no problem with the Brit/Dutch alliance.  That is actually a fair pick up it's when all three are in one alliance and all they do is attack small nations.  

Why do ya'll have few defenders?  You need to get folks that do log in into the port battles.  Why are there so many screeners out side of US on US port battle, but you have half of it filed with Brits.  Get those US player leveled up.  Same goes for brits.  Give your players something to do cause one of the biggest complaints I hear from small clans of the US/Brits is there is no one to fight other than Pirates and well we are a higher skill level.  If ya'll will stop attacking the small nations and we will prob drop back to just PvP in OW.  The only reason we are attacking major econ ports and pushing hard on ya'll cause you run from the equal fights (even when you out number us) or not show up, but you go to the fights where you severally out number the small nations.   What it does mean is if one of those nations attacks a small nation they have a better chance fighting only one nation not all three.  

Read again those are the numbers of log in each of those days taken for the day of Sat and Sun.  Can you take a second and get your info straight before you type.   Now the first braket.  Lets look at this chart once more.  The first braket listed as total is the total number of player son our server.   Yes I'll agree many of these folks are AFK and not logging in, but it lets you know the actuall size of each nation as a whole.  So lets ignore those numbers.   Now the second one listed Sat Mar 18 is the total number of players that logged in the last 24 hours.   I do believe there was a few PB those days so lets say these are going to be peek times.  The third bracket is Sunday Mar 19.  Which this was the day of Vera Cruz port battle so it had even higher spiked numbers.  I do agree the numbers don't tell active players and active PvP/RvR players, but it's to say the full number of players in nation.  Hell we do not see 100 pirates and I'm going to promise you just from our clan many of us have pirate alts so say 10 of us have pirate alts that is 20 of the 100 pirates that logged in that day (these aren't actual numbers just making them up).  That is for other nations to so it doesn't take into account for that either.   Look at the port battles listed in this thread and you will notice for the pirates it's the same 15-20 guys from BLACK every port battle with maybe 5 none clan members (we call them Mort Rats) filling the blanks and even than most of those are the same guys (Privateer and Storm Crow being two).   So even if BLACK and our alts count for half those 110 Pirates that log in the other half are the folks that don't get involved in RvR.  So lets use this for each nation and just cut it in half in numbers.    We will use Sunday as a good range of numbers to go off since it had the highest log in.

Pirate 110 players so we go with 50

Spain 29 so we go with 15 (they did have a port battle that day didn't they?)

Fracne 20 so we go with 10 (sounds about what Elric says he has)

GB 123 so we go with 60 (still more than pirates)

Dutch has 35 so 17 (which 17 is the most I seen them have in PB so I think this is a true number for that nation)

Swedes 13 so we will go with 6 (this is about right with RISE and Badbenny guys)

Dans 32 so we go with 15 (I think really the 32 is closer to there real numbers with the pirates alts and new clan)

US 183 so 90.......right there this shows that US has more than most nations if two paired up so there is no excuse for them to need GB help.

Now lets just drop all that silly numbers as it's just guessing....remember folks some times and specially close to a patch will just log on do there econ and than log off.  It's not our fault ya'll have so many carebears in your nations.  If you can't field the port battles than maybe you shouldn't have so many ports even though clearly by the devs numbers you have plenty of the players and they are logging in.  If you want more folks to show up you need to do things to get them out and fight and play.  I listed many times the biggest complaint we hear is no one to fight other than the pirates and small nations.  Well give them some one to fight.  You don't have to go to war, but if ya'll don't want to fight pirates cause we are OP (more skilled) than give them some one to fight with and get experience and more organized.  Rolling a nation with 30+ at a port battle when they can only field 10 will never get you guys better, it only encourages lazyness in your own nations and that is why ya'll keep loosing fights when you out number us 25 vs 19.   We fight all the time out number so we are use to it and that is why we win against those odds.   

dFbC8bb.png

Hey STS (et al...., not pointing at you), remind me again why any of this is important, and why people can't just log in when they want and have some fun, and fun in the manner that they want?  Isn't that the point of playing a game?  (yes, this is a game).  There's enough drama IRL.

• Like 2

Savannah Lineship Port Battle - 25 US vs 25 Pirates (we where short at start by a couple)

We didn't even go for the circle game other than capture B and than went to meet them in the middle and pushed them back to C.  We went for the sink game cause of what they brought.  They did have control of two circles, but we where sinking them faster than they could cap the points.

3KDXV3Q.jpg

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

Remedios - considering this was a little after noon eastern USA time, a nice turnout from both sides.  GB/USA won on points and retained the region (for now).  A close battle.  Several GB/USA ships were close to sinking, so if the battle had gone on for 15 more minutes, the outcome might have been different.

127840CDC67E9D7CCB4A60F3596E83794729F631

• Like 3

Remedios -

I have to agree with Elric here. Time this time was on our side. I was left with splintered live oak, a few hammocks, planks and some hemp in a loose association that was once a Victory.

The battle for the center circle saw the main US defense force and the French collide. The wind with the attackers. Late arrival of the French mortar brig caused me problems but not the towers. Good shooting whoever that was. The first battle rolled out with [CCCP] pushing circle C with [ELITE] and [IGG] were told to hold. This turned into the a typical [CCCP] v [ELITE] slug fest with both sides fighting hard. Kitchen sinks going in as usual...

The US groundd out the defense holding off the French long enough for the timer to drop in our favor.

On the whole a great fight and a very interesting port to fight...

Norfolk nChance

• Like 1

Just now, Norfolk nChance said:

Remedios -

I have to agree with Elric here. Time this time was on our side. I was left with splintered live oak, a few hammocks, planks and some hemp in a loose association that was once a Victory.

The battle for the center circle saw the main US defense force and the French collide. The wind with the attackers. Late arrival of the French mortar brig caused me problems but not the towers. Good shooting whoever that was. The first battle rolled out with [CCCP] pushing circle C with [ELITE] and [IGG] were told to hold. This turned into the a typical [CCCP] v [ELITE] slug fest with both sides fighting hard. Kitchen sinks going in as usual...

The US groundd out the defense holding off the French long enough for the timer to drop in our favor.

On the whole a great fight and a very interesting port to fight...

Norfolk nChance

I was trying to drop some love on you, I hurt the Vict in your group bad though as I was spreading the damage out when I could....lol

Yah the biggest problem in that one was circle control and we had a lot of guys not in TS to communicate with each other.  Your side had a lot of damaged guys that where close to sinking too.   The points in the circle beat us cause folks keep leaving the circles and letting ya'll get it back and keep gaining circles.  Other wise it was a good fight with equal numbers for the most part of mixed fleets.

• Like 2

Love seeing PBs with players on both sides. I've finally returned from my exploration of the Gulf of California in my Toyota built 6th rate and I'm looking forward to getting involved again. Take it from me, having only the forums for your Naval Action fix is not satisfying.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Remedios - considering this was a little after noon eastern USA time, a nice turnout from both sides.  GB/USA won on points and retained the region (for now).  A close battle.  Several GB/USA ships were close to sinking, so if the battle had gone on for 15 more minutes, the outcome might have been different.

127840CDC67E9D7CCB4A60F3596E83794729F631

The "for now" part makes me think you are going to abandon giving fair fights and go back to terribly timed flips. All praise incoming global server.

29 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

The "for now" part makes me think you are going to abandon giving fair fights and go back to terribly timed flips. All praise incoming global server.

Do you ever have anything constructive and positive to say?  Always whining, always complaining, always blaming others. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Thats actually right on +- 2 players hahaha. But i will point out 35-17=18. so these 18 players, most are alts? and some could be people we have never encountered? Its like someone you dont know is living in your house. spooky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Thats actually right on +- 2 players hahaha. But i will point out 35-17=18. so these 18 players, most are alts? and some could be people we have never encountered? Its like someone you dont know is living in your house. spooky.

I don't think as many are alts as folks think. I bet you a lot of folks pop in and just do econ and just pop out.  I know we have never seen 100 pirates on in one day at one time and they sure as hell aren't being chatty.   When we where waiting on the regional patch and stuff I took most of Oct/November off and I only logged in once a night to do econ and than logged out.  So prob a bunch of folks that do that in all the nations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't think as many are alts as folks think. I bet you a lot of folks pop in and just do econ and just pop out.  I know we have never seen 100 pirates on in one day at one time and they sure as hell aren't being chatty.   When we where waiting on the regional patch and stuff I took most of Oct/November off and I only logged in once a night to do econ and than logged out.  So prob a bunch of folks that do that in all the nations.

perhaps then because i agree we dont have 18 alts in our nation, is this just the amount of times people in these nations log in per reset? So if i were to log in twice 2 pips would show up and thus add 2 to our population? Because these numbers seem quite high for all the nations to be honest.

17 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

perhaps then because i agree we dont have 18 alts in our nation, is this just the amount of times people in these nations log in per reset? So if i were to log in twice 2 pips would show up and thus add 2 to our population? Because these numbers seem quite high for all the nations to be honest.

The devs said that is how many chars logged in total in each nation for those days.  So it's not some one longing in and out several times.  It's the total number of active chars that logged in that day over the 24 hour period. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The devs said that is how many chars logged in total in each nation for those days.  So it's not some one longing in and out several times.  It's the total number of active chars that logged in that day over the 24 hour period. 

What i find strange is that I can log into the game and stay logged in for over 20 hours and never see more then 120 logged in out of 529 that are reported. That is why i question the numbers. IF there were over 150 accounts, why would not over the span of a week and my being logged in for over 18 hours a day do I never see more then 120 except when there is a major PB going on where it will spike up to 143 for the hour.

4 hours ago, Raekur said:

What i find strange is that I can log into the game and stay logged in for over 20 hours and never see more then 120 logged in out of 529 that are reported. That is why i question the numbers. IF there were over 150 accounts, why would not over the span of a week and my being logged in for over 18 hours a day do I never see more then 120 except when there is a major PB going on where it will spike up to 143 for the hour.

There are many players (and alts especially) that come on to just craft - then leave - or to look for PB's/aggressions - and if none, they leave..  My friends list includes a few trader/crafter players- you see them online for a few minutes and they are gone until the next day. 

In the French SINK clan, there are 38 members, I rarely see more than 5 or 6 on at any one time - yet I look at who was on in the last 24 hours and I see 12 online in the last day, 17 on in the last week.  If you look at the CKA clan list, you'll probably see similar results,  I have a few more French in my friends list that I see come and go during the day - so I don't doubt the numbers from Admin - but it highlights the lack of visibility at the nation level to players online.  I should be able to know who from France is online...

• Like 1

My point Elric was that the provided numbers showed over 500 people online for 2 days in a row. I was online those days and sorry I just did not see the number grow to anything higher then 120 or so. Even taking into account people logging in and out I should have seen more then that unless it was strictly alts swapping. But that would imply that the server has more alts then actual players. (aprox 120 players and 410 alts)

no - I think more players just come and go over the day than you notice - and this levels out the total number online at any one time.  If you watch your clan members coming and going - it will be a microcosm of the larger population.  The server is up 23 hours a day - and few people are on for more than 3-4 hours at a time.  In the case of our clan, we have 4-5 players in Europe, 1 in Brazil, a number across the USA, then NZ, Australia and China.  There are a number of SEA players who are on when I log in around 7am eastern each day, then they all leave by mid-morning.

• Like 1

With the merger and wipe coming I'm not going to update the regional and alliance part of this as I really see no point.

US/GB can have there fun and rolling the map while no one fights them.  Just like they did when the regional patch came out and every one stopped fighting.  See ya'll when the update comes next month if it even does come.

People can continue to post battle results if they like, but so far every battle I seen has been outstanding numbers on the US/GB side vs who ever they fight.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

With the merger and wipe coming I'm not going to update the regional and alliance part of this as I really see no point.

yeah do not blame you. A few of us Dutch are going to try to get a few of our other games done with before the wipe and head to the testbed when the 10th rolls around.

43 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

yeah do not blame you. A few of us Dutch are going to try to get a few of our other games done with before the wipe and head to the testbed when the 10th rolls around.

I been pretty much putting all my econ into labor contracts to help folks not to level 50 crafting.  That should be what others should be doing.  Helping folks level up and such.  I really wish I can pick up one of the new games right now, but stupid budgets.  Other wise I'll be on testbed when it pops, hopefully sooner cause they aren't doing the PvE server merg thing.  That is less content they have to deal with now.

• Like 2