Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

Little Harbour shallow water port battle:  25 US/BRIT/DUTCH with lots out side.   vs 14 Pirates with a good number that got screened and couldn't get in.

I wasn't in the fight so just sharing some one else screen. If some one has the end battle results please ports.   US held there port, good job on the numbers.  Would of been nice if I saw more the guys that been fighting OW in the shallows int here than the guys not doing crap in OW.  Maybe next time.

https://postimg.org/image/kd85oq3bv/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Two more PB's scheduled by GB/USA with just 1 player in total between them.  A curious strategy.  I think GB/USA are trying to create a logistical nightmare where we just have too many free ships...

I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like some ppl are using alts to get these scheduled or at least to pop them at horrid times. I will certainly have to ask those two nations who is raising hostility there and not showing up. It just sounds way too fishy for someone to put in all that effort for hostility and then everyone bails on the PB. I believe there were a few admins rules about these situations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like some ppl are using alts to get these scheduled or at least to pop them at horrid times. I will certainly have to ask those two nations who is raising hostility there and not showing up. It just sounds way too fishy for someone to put in all that effort for hostility and then everyone bails on the PB. I believe there were a few admins rules about these situations.

Devs also closed all cases if no proofs were provided.

If you are dropping a hint that someone from Danes, Swedes or French raised hostility in their own region using alts from enemy nation you need to stop empty accusations or provide proof. Dont have a proof, haven't seen? Just guessing? Then keep guessing quetly. Spreading these rumors is just slander and should also be a banable offence.

If you could actually think you would come to a conclusion that they could use pirates to raise there hostility if they been worried a single bit. GB and US on the other hand have a long history of flipping a port and not showing up. Even in their prime times.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, koltes said:

Devs also closed all cases if no proofs were provided.

If you are dropping a hint that someone from Danes, Swedes or French raised hostility in their own region using alts from enemy nation you need to stop empty accusations or provide proof. Dont have a proof, haven't seen? Just guessing? Then keep guessing quetly. Spreading these rumors is just slander and should also be a banable offence.

If you could actually think you would come to a conclusion that they could use pirates to raise there hostility if they been worried a single bit. GB and US on the other hand have a long history of flipping a port and not showing up. Even in their prime times.

First, no one ever has to show you proof. Second, the devs are already investigating, as they have been informed via F11 and pix. But a little info for you, so far, no one yet from US nor GB has confirmed they have built hostility at the empty ones. However, of course, not everyone from those two nations have been asked.

You were dropping hints to players not devs and almost accusing "someone" of exploiting.

Of course you dont have to show any proofs to us and we dont have to stop thinking that you just running your mouth again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

First, no one ever has to show you proof. Second, the devs are already investigating, as they have been informed via F11 and pix. But a little info for you, so far, no one yet from US nor GB has confirmed they have built hostility at the empty ones. However, of course, not everyone from those two nations have been asked.

Than some one is full of BS.  While they might not been the ones that flipped it over for the PB, but US/GB where for sure out side both those ports grinding up hostility the night before.  Now as if some one came along after server reset and flipped it in the morning I can't tell your, but did think it was odd times for the flips.  I'm going to bet you they couldn't make the 10pm CST cut off time and some one might have flipped it over in the morning.  We use to do this cause we didn't want to waste all our grinding time with it being ground back down the next day.  So might as well just flip it and have a morning port battle for the SEA/AUS players.  My advise to folks that are going to flip a port, don't wait until the last moment to flip ports and if your not going to make the 10pm CST cut off time than don't leave enough agro to flip it after the 12% is removed from server down time.  I also think ya'll have some rogue players doing stuff.  We been seeing one clan and we are pretty sure most of that clan is full of one guys alts who was very known for going and doing night flips with the flag system and nothing but a mortar brig on the old system.  I won't say names or clans cause I wasn't the one to catch them grinding this time.  Just going off what I been told by some of our guys and other nations they been noticing in those areas.  Either way it just means a short cool down for the region (cause devs half the real cool downs so we can test port battles) and than if some one wants to flip it back to normal.   I thought it was funny I saw some one bitching about Danes attacking Brit island.  I so wanted to say, "STOP ATTACKING POUNCE AND SD and they will stop attacking you."   Remember just about every action on all sides is a reaction cause of something done first.  Want to stop the DANE attack simply stop attacking them.   I mean ya'll already don't show up to port battle and such as is.

Though on a side note if the alt mission thing being used than it will be fixed next patch.  Which would be nice if that patch gets here sooner than by the end of the month.

• Like 4

I know what is going on, and if you want to hop onto the TS Decken ill explain it to you to as much detail that i can allow. The devs are aware of the situation that is causing this and are looking for a fix, however it isnt going to come soon as it is a game breaking issue and is quite the problem for them. 

• Like 1

Regarding the 4am port battles. Yes it was commented by the clan leader that they missed the cut off time by about 3 min. So the hostility stayed at 100% with no port battle triggered. The next morning there is a port battle scheduled for 4am and no one could determine who went ahead and grinded out the remaining after reset hostility. No one on nation chat would own up to doing it from what I heard. The problem is, there is no real "solution" for this other then tagging players by IP address and logging any that are from the same IP address but are from hostile nations. Something that I really doubt that the devs are really going to do as there is no reason to place this kind of restriction. As much as a pain the alleged Hostile-Alt issue may be it is one that has no clear solution without also introducing a potential issue for legitimate multi user households. Both my wife and I play but we are part of the same nation. I can equally see people within one house being part of different nations who may wind up hostile with each other. So therefor, the only way to "deal' with the situation is to search and report suspected culprits and stop with the complaining. Anyone can complain about things, but if you want it fixed, try at the very least providing an idea of how to fix it.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I so wanted to say, "STOP ATTACKING POUNCE AND SD and they will stop attacking you."  

yes,After hearing the SD attack, more veterans rejoin the game

Edited by chailang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I know what is going on, and if you want to hop onto the TS Decken ill explain it to you to as much detail that i can allow. The devs are aware of the situation that is causing this and are looking for a fix, however it isnt going to come soon as it isn't a game breaking issue and isn't quite the problem for them. 

Sorry had to fix your post as that is how I think they see it.  Though the did come up with a solution, but it won't be in game until they do the update cause they seem to never want to hotfix true issues.   The solution is that no hostility can be gained after the last player leaves the battle.  So if they want to still do the flip thing they have to stay in.  Since NPC go after the player over the NPC AI this would be a pain and very long way to do it.   We will see once the patch comes out if that helps.  I think the problem was small before hand, but every one knows how to do it so now we have a bunch of guys abusing it until there is a solution to the problem.   We got locked out of a port battle a week or so ago, cause of some one "TESTING IT."  So it's not just one nation doing it. 

The good thing is that our cool downs are so small that if you truely want to attack something that got flipped it will be off cool down in another 3 days and you can grind it up again.

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Regarding the 4am port battles. Yes it was commented by the clan leader that they missed the cut off time by about 3 min. So the hostility stayed at 100% with no port battle triggered. The next morning there is a port battle scheduled for 4am and no one could determine who went ahead and grinded out the remaining after reset hostility. No one on nation chat would own up to doing it from what I heard. The problem is, there is no real "solution" for this other then tagging players by IP address and logging any that are from the same IP address but are from hostile nations. Something that I really doubt that the devs are really going to do as there is no reason to place this kind of restriction. As much as a pain the alleged Hostile-Alt issue may be it is one that has no clear solution without also introducing a potential issue for legitimate multi user households. Both my wife and I play but we are part of the same nation. I can equally see people within one house being part of different nations who may wind up hostile with each other. So therefor, the only way to "deal' with the situation is to search and report suspected culprits and stop with the complaining. Anyone can complain about things, but if you want it fixed, try at the very least providing an idea of how to fix it.

IP lock out will never work cause as stated you have folks in the same household, business, schools using IPs.   As devs have said there is nothing wrong with alts as long as they aren't abused. IF they are being abused get the screen shots and report them through the proper channels.

I think the reason for some of the complaining is that the situation is not resolvable without some distress. The alleged alts are active while the "main" players are offline, thus locating and documenting the activities of these underhanded slime dwelling bottom feeders is nearly impossible. So, it appears that the one thing that would help a North America based server is to have the cut off time for port battles for said server be closer to the normal operating time. Assign the cuttoff time to +1 or 2 hours from what it is currently (06:00 GMT is what i think it is currently, adjust it to 08:00 GMT)

22 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I think the reason for some of the complaining is that the situation is not resolvable without some distress. The alleged alts are active while the "main" players are offline, thus locating and documenting the activities of these underhanded slime dwelling bottom feeders is nearly impossible. So, it appears that the one thing that would help a North America based server is to have the cut off time for port battles for said server be closer to the normal operating time. Assign the cuttoff time to +1 or 2 hours from what it is currently (06:00 GMT is what i think it is currently, adjust it to 08:00 GMT)

I been hounding them about this since October.  They say they know it's an issue, but say it's something they can't just hotfix.  Makes me wonder how they codded it that they can't just change the time in the codes to fight US prime times like the PvP event window and how the old flag system lets you.  We aren't even asking them to exclude any one, just to move the window so US prime times can play and port battles don't start right when maintenance ends or before Updates are finished.  With the new can't join a port battle for 30 mins of logging in without entering a port thing the battles that happen after server down is going to lock out even more players.  We do some of those battles on purpose cause we have SEA/AU players.   Though I agree that would help with a good chunk of these port battle problems.  The patch fix will help it too to limit it to every rare chances of it being abused.  Just need those updates and changes made by the Devs.

Regarding port battles starting right after maintenance, that you may know is from any hostility that near 100% before reset is reduced to 88% following the restart. If the remaining 12% is done within 2 hours of restart then the battle is set for just after maintenance due to when a port battle is triggered the time is set to 46 hours after triggering. The 30 min cant join is ONLY if someone logs off at sea. Entering a port will remove this penalty. So unless the port being attacked is very close to a freeport or friendly port than the assault group will be hard pressed to capture the port since the defenders (if on sight) will gain quite a few points while the assaulting force is travelling. If something is not done then assaulting remote locations like Kidds or Bermuda will never happen as it will give the defenders at least 30 min to gain points.

Hi Guys,

Just back from an unscheduled 2 week break back to the UK... bloody cold

The argument I think is really in the wrong thread, but here's my ten cents worth... 

The Hostility increases are easily proved, but its the intent to spoil the game that's the key. A noob taking 3x mission at RA then going out not quiet realizing what he's done, is quite different from the Popping strategy by an ALT. 

If the Dev's zero'd negative hostility points how different would that play out?

This in my naïve position would stop it ? Yet ALTs could still play the spy roles etc that the game actually needs. Also I believe The Dev's want to ditch the Hostility system altogether... so I hear

Norfolk.

• Like 1

PB at Pampatar - 7:30am eastern USA time.  Decent turnout.  The wind started in the attackers favor.  The east most circle being captured quickly with little immediate threat of recapture, the battle moved to the southern circle where the main brawl continued in and around for most of the battle.  A few Dutch sailed to the eastern circle and managed to take it, but we managed to kill enough of the Dutch to get to 1000

5ED6394121DB999146A13B765E34DBD0A0EDE99C

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Interesting to see the Danes in relative force in the south.

EDIT: Hopefully whether you're gaining or losing regions you guys are enjoying the fights.

Not really enjoying the night battles. Thinking about just letting them at it. Especially since only one swede shows to them. It's stupid that these asians are in a NA server dominating because we can't fight in our prime, we may be starting a boycott on the game. 

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Interesting to see the Danes in relative force in the south.

EDIT: Hopefully whether you're gaining or losing regions you guys are enjoying the fights.

It's also not surprising they broke their word and are owned by benny. Sad they are that gullible. 

I would love to be more active in these port battles. But I cant because the majority of them are occuring at hours I cannot particpate at. Early morning when I am heading to work or midday when I am at work. 

Since I got back I been looking for PvP in open world and barely finding it since most factions just hide in ports till big enough where they can easily win which is not fun. When I came across fair fights by doing proper hunting most of the opponents ran away.

Monday was great outside the Caracas PB. Got into a great battle with a couple of alts sinking them both with a friend. Then yesterday having a good fight with pirates after getting out of a battle with Swedes where a racial slur was thrown at me, which I was more offended that it was not of the nationalities my family derives from. The battle with the pirates was the first time I had decent bit of fun in a loss in this game. We were out numbered player wise and out gunned. We still lost but did enough damage and was able to cap jppsx Santi with my Wappen. :D only to have Willis take it a few seconds later. Just wish it was not in support of racists. 

Unfortunately all this is a bit too late for me. My interest is waining. Trying to reinvigorate my interest by getting into crafting. Might be losing my crafting spots though. Tired of dealing with alts, nightflipping each other, 1 dura for all ships proposal, time needed to invest in the game so I might just take a long break. Go play Europa Universalis IV for a while. Maybe finish that Crusader Kings II ironman game I am am close to finished. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I would love to be more active in these port battles. But I cant because the majority of them are occuring at hours I cannot particpate at. Early morning when I am heading to work or midday when I am at work. 

Since I got back I been looking for PvP in open world and barely finding it since most factions just hide in ports till big enough where they can easily win which is not fun. When I came across fair fights by doing proper hunting most of the opponents ran away.

Monday was great outside the Caracas PB. Got into a great battle with a couple of alts sinking them both with a friend. Then yesterday having a good fight with pirates after getting out of a battle with Swedes where a racial slur was thrown at me, which I was more offended that it was not of the nationalities my family derives from. The battle with the pirates was the first time I had decent bit of fun in a loss in this game. We were out numbered player wise and out gunned. We still lost but did enough damage and was able to cap jppsx Santi with my Wappen. :D only to have Willis take it a few seconds later. Just wish it was not in support of racists. 

Unfortunately all this is a bit too late for me. My interest is waining. Trying to reinvigorate my interest by getting into crafting. Might be losing my crafting spots though. Tired of dealing with alts, nightflipping each other, 1 dura for all ships proposal, time needed to invest in the game so I might just take a long break. Go play Europa Universalis IV for a while. Maybe finish that Crusader Kings II ironman game I am am close to finished. 

Exactly. Well said. Sorry pirates, but your alliance is killing the sever. Welcome to it,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

It's also not surprising they broke their word and are owned by benny. Sad they are that gullible. 

Exactly. Well said. Sorry pirates, but your alliance is killing the sever. Welcome to it,

3KKgG.gif

Stop trying to antagonize

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 2

Port Battles on weekends are the only answer while the server population is split across so many time zones.  The Danes have attended battles during the USA/GB/Dutch 'prime time' when it falls on a weekend.  All it takes is everyone agreeing to weekend only battles.  The Danes did move their early morning PB's from 4am-5am eastern to 7:30am eastern so more could join - but for many, the early morning weekdays is an issue regardless.

GB just scheduled a PB in the middle of the USA workday....  duh... I can't see that being good for too many.