Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

On another note. I want to have a thread or place for us to post battles that we were outnumbered or outgunned (against a large ship) and yet we still won. I would like to show a lot of players that you can be outnumbered and you can be outgunned and yet you still have many chances to win or get out ahead. Anyone agree?

at least we can all agree on this <3

I dont think that there needs to be a thread for it. This games pvp is skill and tactic driven. Numbers until recently with port battles do not play as a significant part as some individuals believe. At least that is what I have found. 

I also want to state that even though CKA I wont sit back if available to defend GB regions if the clan wants to.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

France has had roughly 18-20 players active over the past week.  But only 5 or 6 at any one time.  Plus more than half are rookies who can only crew 250/350 or less.  There are 5 'veteran' players who can crew 1100 that have been active this week (that I've seen).

There were 10 Dutch in the Windward PB - with several notables missing (Q, oneeye, van decken, Vincent, davos, and others).  I would think the Dutch can field 15+-20 players in a PB - still more than the French and Swedes combined can muster.

The Dutch have no intention of attempting to reclaim Windwards. We've been waiting for the French to take it (hence why we didn't let the Swedes take it), and a few of us already spoke with a couple Frenchies beforehand that we would make the PB even and have a fun time there. It's good to see them with a worthy crafting region now. Frienemies still.

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

On another note. I want to have a thread or place for us to post battles that we were outnumbered or outgunned (against a large ship) and yet we still won. I would like to show a lot of players that you can be outnumbered and you can be outgunned and yet you still have many chances to win or get out ahead. Anyone agree?

This is So true look @ camel Toe for proof.  We had people that didnt even want to go to the PB we were going to be outnumber so bad but we some how pulled it off 2x by 3rd pb on east coast no1 even showed up

10 hours ago, van der Decken said:

everyone has decided to deprive rats any pvp as much as possible. But again, there wouldn't be much pvp at 4am EST. Nice win.

Who is "everyone"?  Secondly, you are aware it's a PVP server right?   If you're not fighting the US, GB, or the Pirates, that just leaves you bullying the underpopulated nations...grats, how brave!

• Like 4

Baracoa Lineship Port Battle:   25 US/Brits vs 24 Pirates

Got to say this was a really good Port Battle as is was pretty much equal numbers.  Pirates was short 3 guys at start cause of screeners tagging so it started 25 vs 21.  Pirates went and capped C as they started on the East side.  US/Brits sent a small fleet to B and capped A.   It turned into a big brawl in A.   I think part of the ships we lost was cause of the towers/forts damage.  I went out in a board with Agamemmon after I took two ships out in boards.  Though I'll admit I got revenge as I called out to have him sunk.  There might of been a gold marine lost in that exchange.   US/Brits could of hold the fight off longer but there was folk heading to C to recape that just exit.  There was several ships that exited on the US/Brit side mid battle too.  This could of turned the tide in the fight, but Pirates held strong and keep control of A even though they lost it once and than capped B when it was left alone to keep the two circle control through out the fight.  With the combine circle control and sinking of the enemy ships the battle was won at 1K points earned.  There was 23 mins left on the clock at the end of battle.

Once again good fight guys and hope to see ya'll soon in another one.

I just want to add this battle had nothing to do with any operations.  The Dutch operation is separate thing.  This is part of us wanting a buffer around Mort for our new players.  Remember US/Brits still have tons of other regions so it's not like they are loosing anything important.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, van der Decken said:

just maybe, no one cares to play with rats any more and everyone has decided to deprive rats any pvp as much as possible. But again, there wouldn't be much pvp at 4am EST. Nice win.

That sounds like a good plan,  So what your saying is we can Flip ALL the ports unopposed, Last time This Happened it didn't work out well with the Brits. Let me help you with some math here.  If you don't try and Slow us down All you are doing is putting the people of that Nation into a Smaller Area.  Think of a Hundred fish (Lets Say HaliBUTS) in the Ocean, Roaming Free may See a Shark ever once and a While.  Now lets Put them in a Swimming Pool with a Shark, how do you think this will work out.  I will tell you, So you can understand,  All the Fish will be eaten and not replenished, the Shark Will get Fat, BUT WILL Eventually Die its self as no more food to eat.  Great Plan Tho making the Shark last one in the Pool. 

You can't beat the Pirates because you refuse to learn how to PVP. You will always lose to equal or even Less numbers on the Pirate side. Because we are better than you in PVP.  Most Pirates can easy handle any 1 on 1 (Always Depends on who it is on both Sides) and More than 1/2 can even Handle 2v1 in equal Ships. When You attack in Numbers and Win or attack a 6th Rate in a 4th, You think you have done something, You have not.
If you Want to learn what you are doing Wrong, I invite you(or anyone) TO Join me on Twitch in TeamSpeak So everyone can Hear "Just me and You" No bitching No given Each other a Hard Time Just a Play by Play and constructed Criticism.  I am No pro in PVP, But I have the Basics Down most of the Time and will take advantage of your mistakes.

PM in Game if you like this idea, I will set it up, and Post it on News Chan a Few days Before so everyone can Come Watch. I think I can even Set it up SO both Screens Will be on Chan. Mine and Yours

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

.......  I am No pro in PVP, But I have the Basics Down most of the Time and will take advantage of your mistakes.

PM in Game if you like this idea, I will set it up, and Post it on News Chan a Few days Before so everyone can Come Watch. I think I can even Set it up SO both Screens Will be on Chan. Mine and Yours

I would say take @JobaSet up on his offer.  You don't want to know the number of times we have had some lower level player come out and fight us.  Only to get stuck in irons.  We stop the fight.  Walk him through how to get out of being stuck.  Than we go right back to sinking them.  We prob have helped more plaeyers learn to be better PvPers than there own nations cause hardly any of the old timers come out and help them.  These guys that keep coming back to fight us our your nations future, they are the ones you want to get out there and level them up and keep the fighting going.  They are the ones you want to listen to also. I get some guys don't want to fight us, that is fine, but fight some one.  That is why the Brit/US alliance part (I have no problem with Dutch being with on or the other, but not all three).  Cause if you want to fight equal level/expierence palyers than you need to be fighting each other.  That is one of many ways to get better.  I am no way a great player, I call myself average, but when I'm in a well organized group like my clan we are very effective in our fights.  That is the other thing, stop calling folks pirate lovers and talking down to them cause they want change.  Change is good...doing the same thing for 9 months is not working.  It's time for some changes, but you have way to many folks stuck in there old way.  Many of them are the vocal ones on this forums that can't get in there head that there old ways just aren't working.  Sooner or later so many folks will get bored and they will end up being the small nations and wearing the same shoe and we are trying to prevent that and get a better server health population.  That is why I'm pushing to post these battles, to show what numbers really are like.  Who keeps showing up over and over to the same fights. Who is actually fighting and who isn't.  Who is running every fight cause yes we are starting to notice the same faces pop out mid battle or even before things start.  Leaving others behind.  Those aren't the guys you want leading your nations.

Hell I would love to arrange some shallow port battles or even regional with 4th rates to get some more mid level fights in prime time, but we don't own all the shallows that is Brti/US.  They need to be the ones who decide. I have said several times let folks know ones you want to us and arrange it with the other nations you can fight, but right now US/BRIT/DUTCH vs say French and maybe Spain won't be fair fights cause they can't field the numbers.  If Pirates flip one ya'll all freak out or just don't show.  Instead of saying something won't work just try it for once, you can all ways go back to the old ways.

15 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

7 AM EST is not a good time for a port battle.  Impossible for me, I'm on EST.  Can't imagine west coast, it's 4 AM.

True, and it's a very slight chance you'll see me up early like that unless it's the weekend. I'd rather lose a port than lose sleep. The game won't dictate my sleeping schedule. Well, it's just how it is when you have a community in a nation that is on a totally different timezone.

Although for the AUSZ numbers, I wonder why no AUSZ guys show up to combat the chinese/taiwan danes, they are in the same timezone yes? Or at least close by?

• Like 1

7am eastern during the week works for me as I can get into the PB, finish up and still start work at a decent time.  On a weekend I like 7am as I can get the PB done and have the rest of the day for other things.

Yes, the Aussie players can usually make the 7am eastern time battles - in fact three of the swedes players are Aussie and made that battle.

56 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

7am eastern during the week works for me as I can get into the PB, finish up and still start work at a decent time.  On a weekend I like 7am as I can get the PB done and have the rest of the day for other things.

Yes, the Aussie players can usually make the 7am eastern time battles - in fact three of the swedes players are Aussie and made that battle.

Part of why BLACK can sport a small decent force in the mornings is we have a good number of AUS, NZ, Philippines players with a few other SEA and EU members.  I'm sure the large nations like US and GB have more than we do, it's just getting them organized to show up so others don't have to get up in the mornings.  To be honest if you can't field the teams to support the protection than maybe a nation shouldn't be spread out so thin.   I updated the nations regions again today.  I'll try to keep it to every Sunday instead of the end of voting cycles.

Counts are of today with Port Battle changes and all regions total is including Capital Region.

Danish :               8 Regions

Dutch:                 7 Regions 

GB:                       22 Regions

France:                3 Regions 

Pirates:               6 Regions

Spanish:              1 region

Swedes:               5 regions

US:                        19 Regions 

While we all know US and GB are the largest nations without having to argue even if they aren't the most organized.  They still have more regions than almost all the other nations added up.  They could loose a few more to help with the server population growth of the smaller nations.  It looks like some folks are on board in US to give up a few regions to Spain.  Now if they can get the other guys on board that would be cool.  They are starting to get some more players this week.  I think 5 regions should be the min any nation should be pushed down to.  We will be honest that is partly why we picked our operations to be three regions only and no more.  As that is not a key number that would hurt any one nation we might attack (of the three we are fighting with all the time).   So unless Dutch act up we will no advance on the regions we have taken down south.  We will prob give those up to France if it looks like they can hold  them.   Specially if we get new source of Silver and can hold it without constant attacks.

As for times of fights we will still have some after server resets for our SEA/AU players for now cause we think it's only fair since many of them get up early to make it to our US prime time battles and many of them can't make it at all.  We do pick small regions that aren't key so that a small force can fight each other over that region.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:02 AM, JobaSet said:

I invite you(or anyone) TO Join me on Twitch in TeamSpeak So everyone can Hear "Just me and You" No bitching No given Each other a Hard Time Just a Play by Play and constructed Criticism.  I am No pro in PVP, But I have the Basics Down most of the Time and will take advantage of your mistakes.

Can i get unbanned from your ts? Or am i going to have to unban myself? If i have to I will i guess. 

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think 5 regions should be the min any nation should be pushed down to.

Probably more likely before regions were introduced but in the current state of the game this would not work for a couple of factors, sadly.

They could loose a few more to help with the server population growth of the smaller nations.

Also be nice to a few of the PvP pirates flip to those factions to help build them up as well to a competitive level but that is none of my business. 

I'm sure the large nations like US and GB have more than we do

Not as much as you think unfortunately. Otherwise, the port battles against the Danes I would be greeted with more enthusiasm. 

It looks like some folks are on board in US to give up a few regions to Spain.

Unlikely simply because the larger groups of US and GB follow the belief that if they cant take it or hold it then they dont deserve it. Although again they also believe that each national faction should have more than just one region which only occurred to the Spanish because of a small group within the US decided to go and do their own thing. Hopefully it is the latter of the two. 

Specially if we get new source of Silver and can hold it without constant attacks.

You will be under constant attack like any nationals factions silver ports that are in reasonable range of any hostile force. You should have no issue holding it simply because you are the only faction to be able to field a full 25 players as of late in a lineship battle by yourselves. GB and US struggle at this from occasion for multiple reasons, unless together. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth

10 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Probably more likely before regions were introduced but in the current state of the game this would not work for a couple of factors, sadly.

Ok how exactly will it not work cause of a couple of factors?  Can't just say something isn't going to to work and not try it without even coming with some reason why other than just saying it won't work.   There is 71 regions (counting capitals) and 8 nations (yes Pirates is a nation for this).  You divide that by 8 that will give you 8.875 regions for each nation.   So lets take the 5 regions for each nation and that is only 40 regions (remember 8 of these are the capitals).  Which means there is 31 regions to be fought over and exchanged.  Some nations will never get more than the 5 regions cause of there size, some might have more.  Lets say the power houses have 5 each.  That is US, Brit, Dutch, Pirates, Danes.  That still leaves 6 for others or to be switched back and forth.  Brits and US don't need 20 something regions each when they aren't even using most of them.  It would force them to go use the regions they aren't using or as they all ready do any way is share resources with your alliances. 

Also be nice to a few of the PvP pirates flip to those factions to help build them up as well to a competitive level but that is none of my business. 

Why should we go change from our ways cause others can't get things done.  We left for a reason and many of us have been pirates since day one.   I'm sorry even if we go to your nation and help you it would end up the same.  Care bears vote for peace, no one fights and than you get bored and leave or stop playing.  There are some of us that have left and this might blow your mind but many of us have National Alts in these small nations that do help them.  You really think every Dane, Swede and French players that shows up to these fights are only players in that nation?  I use to have my Pirate Alt in Spain, but it was so dead with 5 players and no one wanted to do anything.  So I rolled him over to Pirate to have a back up for shallow and other fights when the main is busy. I have a Dane I bring to port battles that I don't hide from any one. Do need to get him up to 4th rates.  I bring him to any Swede or French fight I can if I'm not busy on my Pirate/main chars.  And like we have said many times, it doesn't matter if we are national or pirates we will still run the same game.  Instead of pirates being so strong, it would be say Spanish if we all rolled Spain.  Nothing will change other than the flag and the fact we could do alliances.

Not as much as you think unfortunately. Otherwise, the port battles against the Danes I would be greeted with more enthusiasm. 

Maybe if you guys stop telling folks not to show up and show up if you can than they would.  There is a very negative vibe against other players in the Nation (US/Brits) about helping out.  Not to mention if you can't fight in that time zone than just wait until it cools down and flip it in your prime time.  

Unlikely simply because the larger groups of US and GB follow the belief that if they cant take it or hold it then they dont deserve it. Although again they also believe that each national faction should have more than just one region which only occurred to the Spanish because of a small group within the US decided to go and do their own thing. Hopefully it is the latter of the two. 

I think you worded that first one, a large number wants every thing no matter if they can hold it or keep it.  This shouldn't be the way if they want a healthy server.  Though there is a small group that is fighting those old timers and they need to keep doing it.  I notice the alliance votes on the US side is slowly changing for the alliance.  It won't happen over night, but don't give up.  Though I notice the GB votes flipped to more wanting to keep it than before.  That might of been cause of the lost of votes of your clan when it left.  We will see how you effect Dutch votes in a week when ya'll can vote again.  Will be interested to see some of the political changes.  We need change and we can't say it won't work until we try it.  If you never try it you will never find out if it will work or not.

You will be under constant attack like any nationals factions silver ports that are in reasonable range of any hostile force. You should have no issue holding it simply because you are the only faction to be able to field a full 25 players as of late in a lineship battle by yourselves. GB and US struggle at this from occasion for multiple reasons, unless together. 

US and GB can and have fielded 25 first rates, but they don't do it cause they don't want to loose there ships.  Something they should be able to with all there resources and alliance be able to replace easily.   The reason ya'll keep loosing is your bringing buccs and lower to the fights.  You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.  If you want to blame any one blame the old timers that keep voting for one thing and not showing up at the port battles to help.   They are the problems in your nations. They why I think folks that show up to PB"s should get one extra vote for being involved in the actual fighting compared to the guys hiding in the safety of there ports.  And I"ll be honest we ahven't even been bringing 25 1st rates.  Ever one of these battles we had a few lower level guys and some guys in smaller ships too.  We do have some new guys after all that are getting leveled up.  But when you see Rear admirals in a mortar brig and you have a Capetian in a Endymion you doing it wrong.  That RA should be in the biggest ship he has and you put that lower rank guy in the Mortar Brig.   

1 hour ago, Wakatow13 said:

Is hardly consider TFG a major clan yet, maybe after I get more than three members lol

I add any clans I see that is active even if it only has a few members in there.  I need to update with what TFG means though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So unless Dutch act up we will no advance on the regions we have taken down south.  We will prob give those up to France if it looks like they can hold  them.   Specially if we get new source of Silver and can hold it without constant attacks.

So, what you're saying is that despite Pirates' claims that they want to promote PVP, the only legitimate PVP is what they choose to initiate such as being cannon fodder for your self-promotional videos. So, no nation should dare to PVP or run missions in the areas of the French, Pirates, or... remind me... who else are we not allowed to be near? I assume Spanish or Swedes? You're heavily allied with the Danes so I assume those areas are off limits as well? So basically you plan to use your military might and prowess to exert your political will on the whole game.

It might be helpful for us to plan longterm and place future outposts if you would list each region in game and specify who is allowed to have it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farrago said:

So, what you're saying is that despite Pirates' claims that they want to promote PVP, the only legitimate PVP is what they choose to initiate such as being cannon fodder for your self-promotional videos. So, no nation should dare to PVP or run missions in the areas of the French, Pirates, or... remind me... who else are we not allowed to be near? I assume Spanish or Swedes? You're heavily allied with the Danes so I assume those areas are off limits as well? So basically you plan to use your military might and prowess to exert your political will on the whole game.

It might be helpful for us to plan longterm and place future outposts if you would list each region in game and specify who is allowed to have it.

Are aggression against the DUTCH is result of so called Dutch declaring war upon us and there attacks on Castries and our silver/copper production region.   We do not care if they fight with the Danes, Swedes, French and well Spain since they are now in there alliance.  Though we will if free help screen those battles cause the DUTCH/GB/US alliance brings them to be able to sport 25+ in there port battles when the alliance of those nations can only do so in the Danes prime times.  So it's only fair to help thin out the numbers that can join those battles.   They also attacked Castries while we had other fights plan.  A coward tatics they did back when we fought the Brits.    So if they don't want to get there little arse kicked or ports taken from them than they better not attack us and not expect us to not respond back in kind.  Since we did so we don't plan to take any more regions from Dutch unless they attack our econ production port again.  When you only have 3 regions (at the time they declare war and attacked us) than you have to do what you have to do.    Hell right now we think the Dane/Brit fight is pretty decent matched.  So is the small Dutch/Swede (with a few others of the DFS alliance) added in, but since we aren't in alliance with these nations you will not see us joining any port battles.  We screen them cause that gives us PvP.  Why do we need to do port battles when if the Nations actually fight each other than we can just get the PvP from screening the fights.

Just want to add current Port Battles between Pirates and Brits/US are to get our buffer that we announced many weeks back as to our intentions in the server.

I think it's funny folks are complaining now that some one fights back, they sure wasn't complaining when US/GB/DUTCH was taking every one down to 1 or 2 regions.  Ya'll are acting like you been one ported or something.  I mean look at it.

Pirates:               6 Regions

DFSS Alliancee:  17 Regions.

Danish :               8 Regions

France:                3 Regions 

Spanish:              1 region

Swedes:               5 regions

US/DUTCH/GB:  48 Regions

US:                        19 Regions 

Dutch:                 7 Regions 

GB:                       22 Regions

Ya'll still have over half the regions and almost twice the regions DFSS and Pirates have added together so it's not like ya'll are short regions.