Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for testbed server

Captains, hotfix has been deployed today.

What's new:

• New tower and fort placement for port battles.
  • Test feature - pirates can attack each other now.  Such instances are always open, everyone is hostile to each other, fleet NPC cannot be pulled.

Fixed bugs:

• Instance crashes fixed.
  • Redeemable wrong pick issue fixed.
  • Fort and towers friendly fire fixed.
  • Ropes have been removed from aiming mode on HMS Endymion.

Thanks to all Captains who reported these bugs.

Tunings:

• Some changes have been done to the current damage model and ship stats as we are continuing to test combat on testbed server.
  • Structural damage through raking fire changed. Raking fire abuse somewhat addressed.
  • Crew damage from splinters lowered by 25%.

Please continue to share your feedback about structure changes in this thread:

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Is there anything new that the dev team want us to look at deeply or are we just carrying on with the general testing and points that have already been asked for?

Main goal is structure changes, but also combat in general and new port battles coastal defences placement, pirate instances

Just now, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Can you give us the chance to get redeemables when we switch nations on the test servers?

I want to test the Pirate stuff, but i chose Sweden...

If you want, I'll give you all my Ships, other than the rattlesnake, but I used my gold & XP. 

• Like 1

• Test feature - pirates can attack each other now.  Such instances are always open, everyone is hostile to each other, fleet NPC cannot be pulled.

Is this going to be "Clan Based"? 

Pirate 1 (Clan 1) attacks Pirate 2 (Clan 2). 
Does Clan 1 Members join Pirate 1's side automatically? 

Will there be "Clan Based" politics for Pirates? (Eg, Clan 1 allies with Clan 2). 

Btw. 
Lord Vicious have written alot about Pirates being Clan Based. Perhaps you haven't seen it so i will link it here: 
http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/18527-content-plans-for-the-first-half-of-2017/&do=findComment&comment=358814
http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/17448-dear-devs-structured-analysis-and-solution-to-current-situation/&
http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14229-pirate-faction-discussion/&page=7#comment-266148

While i don't agree with everything in the 3 links, i think he is right about alot of the "Pirates being Clan Based" stuff. 
(There is also a topic in Tester Area with more of his ideas for Pirates. I'm sure Devs and Testers know what i refer to). 

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

If you want, I'll give you all my Ships, other than the rattlesnake, but I used my gold & XP. 

Wow thats very kind of you, but I dont want to steal all your ships (in this way at least hehe xd).

I try to tow them all to la tortue and then ill switch, just takes a day and a few hours afk sailing  :/

32 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Is there anything new that the dev team want us to look at deeply or are we just carrying on with the general testing and points that have already been asked for?

Pirate mechanic

Structure mechanic

Combat on 6th, 5th, 4th and higher rates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ink said:

• Test feature - pirates can attack each other now.  Such instances are always open, everyone is hostile to each other, fleet NPC cannot be pulled.

We kinda noticed this before the hotfix but havne't had free time to test it out.  Was wondering is there any restriction like you can't attack your own clan mates?  Other wise I can all ready see my clan doing an all out clan vs clan mates brawl on bored nights.....lol

24 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, new batch of redeemables has been given to your accounts. In case you want to change the nation please delete the current character, then create a new one and activate redeemables.

Can you add a decent cutter, Snow, and Essex to the redeemable?  It makes it hard to test out these new PvE missions too when you can't find any of these ships in the shop or they are crappy fir ships that get flat out melted.  Plus I been F11 them but the BR match up is way wrong for these missions and that is prob the two reasons we aren't seeing any one even scoring on them.  I seen one person on one of them so far and that is it.

• Like 1

Testbed Character: Ginger Breadman (Pirate)

I attacked an ai pirate rattlesnake in a basic cutter.  It took forever to load, seemed like it was going to disconnect.  When it finally loaded, I could not do anything, raise sails, switch camera angle.  The escape button worked so I surrendered.  Will have to try again later.

Edit, attacked another ai.  Seemed to load fine.

Edited by Anne Wildcat

4 minutes ago, Ink said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx3OZcHt9VbNMTNvTXFIQ2RVUVk

It might be different a bit for some ports but the general layout is the same.

Please note that this is not a final state 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx3OZcHt9VbNT3JkME9GMm4wOTg

We been using this one, is that one the more up to date list?   Or is that for new patch changes.

4 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Testbed Character: Ginger Breadman (Pirate)

I attacked an ai pirate rattlesnake in a basic cutter.  It took forever to load, seemed like it was going to disconnect.  When it finally loaded, I could not do anything, raise masts, switch camera angle.  The escape button worked so I surrendered.  Will have to try again later.

Give me a few and I'll be over there and we can test these dirty pirate mechanics out...lol

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok I'll pass that one as the new updated list we will use while planing any port battles.  

Thanks.

New forts placement works on test server only at the moment. On the main servers you can use the old link since the changes are not live there

32 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Ok, selecting the redeemable is not fixed.  I meant to redeem the Trinc and got the Aggy.

Thanks, we are checking. However it affects only existed characters, for new characters the issues must be gone.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Can you add a decent cutter, Snow, and Essex to the redeemable?  It makes it hard to test out these new PvE missions too when you can't find any of these ships in the shop or they are crappy fir ships that get flat out melted.

Ships for current pve events has been given via redeemables

• Like 1

Char name:  Sir Texas Sir

Trinc vs AI Trader I captured the ship and it list it under my fleet, but it was still red named and I could just continue to board it over and over even though battle was listed over.  I left battle and ship was there, but seems I couldn't make it retreat either in the fight.

Same ship was trying to join another Pirate vs Pirate says closed as same faction battle.  Thought they are suppose to stay open. 

I do like you fleets aren't brought into the fight so it's like the newbie ROE so it's truely going to be player vs players in here.   

Clan mates can attack each other as me and Anne Wildcat was able to get into a fight.  This kinda cool so you can brawl without doing duels or if you have in clan grievance with one another, but I can see this being big time abused too. Should be restricted to not be able to attack your fellow clan mates.

While in these fights I have noticed and saw one Fort sink a Tower.  So they fire upon each other.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Clan mates can attack each other as me and Anne Wildcat was able to get into a fight.  This kinda cool so you can brawl without doing duels or if you have in clan grievance with one another, but I can see this being big time abused too. Should be restricted to not be able to attack your fellow clan mates

Not true mate. In EVE Online the only people you can attack safely without being killed by police is your clan mates. This is done for group training, fun and practice purposes. If some clan members would start abusing this they will simply be kicked from the clan. Easily sorted by players themselves

11 minutes ago, koltes said:

Not true mate. In EVE Online the only people you can attack safely without being killed by police is your clan mates. This is done for group training, fun and practice purposes. If some clan members would start abusing this they will simply be kicked from the clan. Easily sorted by players themselves

First off this isn't Eve and we don't have in game police yet....lol

Your not getting what I'm saying. It can be abused cause a pirate can attack any pirate including clan mates.  So they can abuse this.  They can pull you into a fight to stop you from tagging some one else or being tagged.  This was the whole reason that it was taken away.  Pirates would tag each other to get out of fights.  So Clan mates should not in this game be able to tag each other cause than I can tag you to keep us out of a fight with say the Brits.   So unless they put a restriction on this we will be right back to square one of why it was taken away in the first place.  Other than abusing it for getting xp or something.

The other thing is I only got to test one fight going up to, but couldn't enter after the fight started between two other pirates.   

• Like 1