Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for testbed server

Test bed name: Captiva

Yesterday I did a mission. Me in an Aggy against two Endymion's. Did two stern rakes on one Endymion then concentrated on broadsides only. Took one side down plus the middle bar (did not shoot at masts at anytime). Brought down two masts before the ai ship sunk.

Today I was in a St. Pavel against a Connie and Endymion. Didn't do any rakes against the Connie, just broadsides. Took one side down plus the middle bar (again, did not shoot at masts at any time). The Connie sunk without any masts falling.

Don't know if this is because I didn't do any stern rakes on the Connie or if it is attributed to the mast thickness of the Connie. Or, could be because of todays hotfix.

1 hour ago, Captiva said:

Test bed name: Captiva

Yesterday I did a mission. Me in an Aggy against two Endymion's. Did two stern rakes on one Endymion then concentrated on broadsides only. Took one side down plus the middle bar (did not shoot at masts at anytime). Brought down two masts before the ai ship sunk.

Today I was in a St. Pavel against a Connie and Endymion. Didn't do any rakes against the Connie, just broadsides. Took one side down plus the middle bar (again, did not shoot at masts at any time). The Connie sunk without any masts falling.

Don't know if this is because I didn't do any stern rakes on the Connie or if it is attributed to the mast thickness of the Connie. Or, could be because of todays hotfix.

I think it's not a for sure thing as I had one that only one mast feel on a frigate and the suprise all them fell.

I see a bad data for the cannons. You changed the damage for all cannons this is the only cannon that have less damage the medium than the long version.

Base damage for medium 6 pounders is only 30. For long 6 pounders is 38. Medium 4 pounders 38 and long 4 pounders is 35.

I think someone introduce a wrong data for the medium6 pounder. It should be arround 41.

• Like 3

The changes this week are the laughter.
Since the last patches one of the fun is taken.
The developers do everything to make the pirates right.
Coastal protection in a group is no longer possible for the joy of all blowflies flying around our shores.
You just have to scream loudly and often enough, then make the devs what the scream.
A functioning and balanced damage system was broken under the premise of tasting.
Then the game with the crew losses the developers should look at times the loss lists of the ships in the time span and then once again direction (simulation) go.Was also announced in May 16.
Also the hand money of 500 gold for a crewmember is a laugh number. The sailors of this time have been pressed for a few cent.
Man loses several hundred sailors but never meets a powder chamber, are these 50 m under the water line?
I hope you get to the damage system before Oct 16, and this stupid BR system changes the pirates and other opponents again have to take more risk or in groups.
Well functioning things one should leave and for some gadgets a test server set up.
Several thousand players have left the game.
There is no one interested in Kiev who have not played more than 800 players in the past weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there could be an option to do a port battle the way you can do a mission now?  Wouldnt be anything to affect the map, would happen when enough people signed onto it?  Cause, I haven't been able to get into a port battle now for like 3 months.  I'd like to see one before I quit the game completely, (I'm only coming on now to do some crafting for friends).  This weekend there was a PB, but Nation chat was full of comments about not joining if you don't have a first rate...just now today crafted my first 1st rate on the PVP1 server, so, didn't go to the battle as I wouldn't have been welcomed.  So, other than watching one on youtube, maybe a "mission" for Port battles could be added like the small and large ship encounters? 

Might be fun for others too.

PBs were my favorite thing in the game, so not being able to participate for the last 3 months has been a major blow to my enjoyment and being 'dis-invited' to the last one kind of put me over the edge.

Last tweaks were generally good.  I've been able to get into some PvP fights which were a lot of fun (even if I lost most of them).  I'm just finding the shear number of hours required, the harrasment of my merchant ships by all nations coming out of freeports, and the general scarcity, and distance to go to get required materials has pushed the game out of the fun category and into being more of a chore (US flagged player)  I wish you all the best with the continued development and hopefully some of the changes you've proposed (and maybe re-arranging where the resources are, and making freeports only open to merchant ships...much more like would have seen historically...), anyways, hopefully the game will develop to where I can participate and have some fun with it, for now, pretty much done with it.  And why is it that a US regional capitol has no fortresses protecting it?

Best regards,

Uilleam

• Like 1