Game-Labs Forum

Dutch and Pirates

OneEyedSnake

15 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And stil the three largest nations are a bunch of care bears that won't fight each other.  So who you going to crush next since Spain has no more regions.  Going to take the Danes, French, Swedes to one region too?   Really you do know how you get folks out to do PvP?  You put agro on a region and get folks to come out and PvP in OW.  IF you don't put agro on a region than they won't come out.  We haven't flipped any of your ports and you even said OW was free for PvP.   

QQ

i am about at that point where honestly maybe. then the devs will be forced to fix it. you know? lets force the devs to listen. This is a pre release game so might as well show the devs broken game mechanics. And i do remember a time when the pirates were very much pro take all the ports to prove its possible and get the devs to change things. 

5 hours ago, Teutonic said:

So yeah, this is the problem.

Dutch decide to fight Pirates and the Pirates essentially say "You have no right for your justification, if anything, we should be killing you. How dare you fight us."

When instead everyone should be saying "Hell yeah, time to sink more people." FFS everyone should keep their salty shit to a minimum.

Isnt it funny how they always complain about no pvp. and then we we bring it to them they all start getting really mad? I am telling you, the salt in these seas pales in comparison. 

13 hours ago, Teutonic said:

So yeah, this is the problem.

Dutch decide to fight Pirates and the Pirates essentially say "You have no right for your justification, if anything, we should be killing you. How dare you fight us."

When instead everyone should be saying "Hell yeah, time to sink more people." FFS everyone should keep their salty shit to a minimum.

I don't know what your reading, but we are welcoming them.  As per the post of the first nights numbers killed in defense of Castries.   Hell we had a blast getting the PvP and that is the whole point of us doing agro all over the place to get these guys out of there little home ports and to fight.   Though we aren't trying to take any regions so don't want all out RvR war, we just want some OW fights.   Those are very much welcome. The only thing we have a problem with is the tri care bear alliance that won't fight each other so instead you have every one against the Pirates and no one else fighting each other. Many others don't want this, they want to fight each other too.  We are all for that, but we aren't for a tri care bear alliance.  Dutch can bring it.  We can handle just a fight against them, but when you throw in Brit/US crushing on us at the same time than we loose players, they loose players and the server becomes dead and it prob gets merged.  I really think that is what some of them want.  They will be in for a rude awaken as PvP1 is no where like PvP2 and you won't have all them safe little dots in US/BRIT over there as they have any where from 5-10 port battles a day at times.

Pirates should never be the only goal for all nations.  Yes if we get to ZERGIng the map than they can do there little tri alliance.  That should be with any nation if they own the majority of the regions the other nations should be fighting against them.  Remember British and US has not fought each other in a port battle since August last year and they are the two largest nations.

13 hours ago, Marrius said:

This is what I find funny. They are Pirates. In reality Pirates had no rights since they were nothing but in most cases an unaffiliated collective of criminals. Pirates are at war with everyone. They might have a few loose agreements but they never last forever. 

Since the Devs like to use this link and they have stated we are a Nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Pirates

Until such time as a mechanics come out that we don't need regions to build stuff and to have ships than we will continue to want to have regions and will continue to act as a nation.  Once outlaw comes out than we rill prob be all going OUTLAW in the BLACK clan.  Until than we will continue to protect our Regions. and try to get our little buffer.

But if we are talking historically most pirates where Privateers for one nation or another.  It wasn't until the wars where over and there was nothing to do that many of them turned to full blown pirates.  So peace means more pirates.  So the nations not fighting each other is the cause for the pirates.  Ya'll start to fight each other you will prob have privateers to help you and a lot less pirates.   So peace is the problem....every one SHOULD BE AT WAR.  There your pirate problem solved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Pirates

Until such time as a mechanics come out that we don't need regions to build stuff and to have ships than we will continue to want to have regions and will continue to act as a nation.  Once outlaw comes out than we rill prob be all going OUTLAW in the BLACK clan.  Until than we will continue to protect our Regions. and try to get our little buffer.

But if we are talking historically most pirates where Privateers for one nation or another.  It wasn't until the wars where over and there was nothing to do that many of them turned to full blown pirates.  So peace means more pirates.  So the nations not fighting each other is the cause for the pirates.  Ya'll start to fight each other you will prob have privateers to help you and a lot less pirates.   So peace is the problem....every one SHOULD BE AT WAR.  There your pirate problem solved.

Yes and hopefully an update will come out soon to reflect that. Pirates, which there are a lot of national leaders in agreement on this, got the worse end of the stick not being apart of the political system among a few other things that are apart of that.

1 hour ago, Marrius said:

Yes and hopefully an update will come out soon to reflect that. Pirates, which there are a lot of national leaders in agreement on this, got the worse end of the stick not being apart of the political system among a few other things that are apart of that.

While I need to test it, but Duncan noticed on the test server we can attack each other.  I'll have to see if my Dan can' attack another dan, but if pirates can do green on green again on the test server that might mean those mechanics might be coming back.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

It's fun to see that after fight the pirates, british welcome their master and are know screeing and asking them to help in rvr. How many did you pay viscious to get a new nation into your alliance? Did you really need more players intot the zernightflip squad? Absolutly disgusting...

This one is about PVP2 :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

It's fun to see that after fight the pirates, british welcome their master and are know screeing and asking them to help in rvr. How many did you pay viscious to get a new nation into your alliance? Did you really need more players intot the zernightflip squad? Absolutly disgusting...

i think you got the wrong server here my friend. haha 

On 31/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, PIerrick de Badas said:

i think it have more to do with denmark behavior. They offered pirates to go on their side but pirates answered with middlefinger.

you give me too much credits

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 10:15 PM, OneEyedSnake said:

"give us" is a bit optimistic haha

Well we did what we thought was best, we just took it by force.    You can call it a repo for goods or actions not render on yawls part.   Lets just say we are collecting prizes of war.   Just a reminder we didn't announce war with any one "Cause pirates are pretty much at war with every one."  Well other than our Danish friends how we have had an alliance with for over 9 months now.  Not once either of us have broke that.   Seems breaking ones words is a DUTCH/US/BRIT thing.....We might take a few more regions with interest.

• Like 1

On 29.01.2017 at 8:37 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

The Desc on the perk says when you are out number.  I think it's not exactly BR based.  I think it's up to close numbers as I remember the devs saying it's not exact it's up to or close.  So when it went from 4 vs 1 to 4 vs 3 that kinda even it out compared to what was it at first.   I was actually expecting at least one more Dutch to have gotten into that.  Though it would of been something smaller than a first rate as that would put the BR over the attackers.  As stated before it's up to or close.   

As for being out number. I can show you tons of screens where Pirates are out number and out BR and still won with little to no lost.  

It's a bug. I heard that relog helps.