Game-Labs Forum

Dutch and Pirates

OneEyedSnake

We the Verenigde Provincien hereby find the the pirates a direct threat to our state.

-raising hostilities throughout our land above 20% without explanation

-screening us out of port battles

-directly supplying our enemies with ships and war supplies

Our agreement in regards to not attacking our ports for us not attacking pirate ports is now in question. We reigned in all players that were attacking pirate ports and kept them at bay for weeks. This also was explained to the pirates who greatfully understood, and accepted. We have gotten no explanation as to why our ports have been attacked. 

Therefore we find it in our best interest to retaliate. Bring us fortune or doom, to war we shall go.

51 minutes ago, Pelennor said:

So, that means you are going to give us Orinoco back ? :ph34r:

Pretty much that went out the window the moment there was US in that port battle and they showed up to every US/Brit port battle to either screen or join.  So them so call declearing any war with us is funny.  They been going against there own words since that deal was even talked about.   Sounds like they are afraid of a little agro and PvP.  None of there ports have been flipped and well we can't control every pirate out there.  Might be some rogue pirates.  Oh you better take away all our War Supplies ports or what ever those are.   Which by the way I won't denie we have built ships for folks with no regions to build them, but we have not given any one war supplies.  They can us smuggler flags and go into any port and get that there selves.  None of the port battles we screened you out of was your home ports.  It was zones you said you wehre going to give back to the Swede/French any way.  So we helped them out since they don't have numbers and small nations. 

It's not like we care, every one is at war with us, that will never change.  Hell I bet that is exactly what will be talked about tomorrow in there little secret meeting.

So go ahead and go on your little war path and see what happens to your ports than.  

PS:  I guess it's ok for ya'll to all ways screen US/Brit battles for them too, but we can't screen for others?  I mean like they really need 35+ to beat our 10-15 players that might show up....ya'll just crack me up.   A bunch of sorry cowards that can't even fight your own fights unless you out number some one twice as many.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Pretty much that went out the window the moment there was US in that port battle and they showed up to every US/Brit port battle to either screen or join.  So them so call declearing any war with us is funny.  They been going against there own words since that deal was even talked about.   Sounds like they are afraid of a little agro and PvP.  None of there ports have been flipped and well we can't control every pirate out there.  Might be some rogue pirates.  Oh you better take away all our War Supplies ports or what ever those are.   Which by the way I won't denie we have built ships for folks with no regions to build them, but we have not given any one war supplies.  They can us smuggler flags and go into any port and get that there selves.  None of the port battles we screened you out of was your home ports.  It was zones you said you wehre going to give back to the Swede/French any way.  So we helped them out since they don't have numbers and small nations. 

It's not like we care, every one is at war with us, that will never change.  Hell I bet that is exactly what will be talked about tomorrow in there little secret meeting.

So go ahead and go on your little war path and see what happens to your ports than.  

this whole time most of us dutch havent been involved. i think you are just upset because you know what is about to happen with us dutch actually now pushing against the pirates too. You guys could handle the US and GB.  But now you will have more fronts that you are attacked from. like real pirates were. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

also, for clarification, we classify war supply ports as ports that supply goods to make war supplies. That region actually had every good produced and available there. including precise parts. so you can mock what a "war supply" port is, but thats just because you are a salty dog ;) its ok, i am too :P 

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

this whole time most of us dutch havent been involved. i think you are just upset because you know what is about to happen with us dutch actually now pushing against the pirates too. You guys could handle the US and GB.  But now you will have more fronts that you are attacked from. like real pirates were. 

And stil the three largest nations are a bunch of care bears that won't fight each other.  So who you going to crush next since Spain has no more regions.  Going to take the Danes, French, Swedes to one region too?   Really you do know how you get folks out to do PvP?  You put agro on a region and get folks to come out and PvP in OW.  IF you don't put agro on a region than they won't come out.  We haven't flipped any of your ports and you even said OW was free for PvP.   

QQ

• Like 2

Sadly, RoE is so broken still that the Dutch, in their first encounter with rats after the war declaration, was unable to balance the playing field...outmatched by 560 BR...down nearly 1st rate worth of BR, but also down 1 ship. 3 vs 4 and low BR....rarely will anyone ever win out BRed and outnumbered. :/ Next time....
XVh1RrU.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Sadly, RoE is so broken still that the Dutch, in their first encounter with rats after the war declaration, was unable to balance the playing field...outmatched by 560 BR...down nearly 1st rate worth of BR, but also down 1 ship. 3 vs 4 and low BR....rarely will anyone ever win out BRed and outnumbered. :/ Next time....
XVh1RrU.jpg

The Desc on the perk says when you are out number.  I think it's not exactly BR based.  I think it's up to close numbers as I remember the devs saying it's not exact it's up to or close.  So when it went from 4 vs 1 to 4 vs 3 that kinda even it out compared to what was it at first.   I was actually expecting at least one more Dutch to have gotten into that.  Though it would of been something smaller than a first rate as that would put the BR over the attackers.  As stated before it's up to or close.   

As for being out number. I can show you tons of screens where Pirates are out number and out BR and still won with little to no lost.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The Desc on the perk says when you are out number.  I think it's not exactly BR based.  I think it's up to close numbers as I remember the devs saying it's not exact it's up to or close.  So when it went from 4 vs 1 to 4 vs 34 that kinda even it out compared to what was it at first.   I was actually expecting at least one more Dutch to have gotten into that.  Though it would of been something smaller than a first rate as that would put the BR over the attackers.  As stated before it's up to or close.   

As for being out number. I can show you tons of screens where Pirates are out number and out BR and still won with little to no lost.  

I almost got in there with my frigate but the battle closed before I could fight my way upwind into the circles.

Hope you guys had fun tonight. Nurtle got me in a well planned ambush.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is going on here.

Pirates have made a choice. They chose to side with Johnny Depp, Hollywood, and whatever else rotten that you can pull from American entertainment exports. This is their ethos, this is what they identify with. When the game fails to provide a true Pirate faction, those who want to land grab under the "cool" Pirate flag are nothing more than sycophants.

As proud Dutch, why would you offer these players a fair deal and expect anything in return? I know for me personally, if I had a chance to fight any faction, including the perfidious Danish Russians, I would choose to fight the Pirates instead. These are people who have seen the beauty and majesty of the Age of Sail, and instead said: "No! I identify with Johnny Depp and the giant squid from those movies! Who took the rum??" (sic)

There is no shared decency for these types of people. They denigrate the historical reality of Pirates, and the game assists them. It's best to ignore their plight altogether, as it's been proven that - until this game provides a real Pirate mode - those who are attracted to the black "Pirate" flag of RvR are likely to abandon the game in search of easier pursuits (Clash of Clans, etc). 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The Desc on the perk says when you are out number.  I think it's not exactly BR based.  I think it's up to close numbers as I remember the devs saying it's not exact it's up to or close.  So when it went from 4 vs 1 to 4 vs 34 that kinda even it out compared to what was it at first.   I was actually expecting at least one more Dutch to have gotten into that.  Though it would of been something smaller than a first rate as that would put the BR over the attackers.  As stated before it's up to or close.   

Ya, it sucked because Nyurtle was out there too. If he had been able to join, one or two of us would've been able to join also. RoE needs work.

12 minutes ago, Neverdead Ned said:

Dutch - 1 Santi cap'd, 1 Santi sunk, 1 Belona  sunk, 1 Surprise sunk and a futile attempt at hostility gain on Castries

Pirates - no ships lost and were able to grind on Orinoco while we defended Castries

How's that war working for you so far?  :lol:

By those admissions, sounds like y'all have more numbers than we Dutch, if you were able to do all 3 things so easily at an odd hour of the night.

Just now, Neverdead Ned said:

No, we're just that good.  Parking your ships on our doorstep is like offering us an all you can sink buffet.

Cool, so not only do you guys outnumber us, but also rats have stated repeatedly that they are just better than everyone else. Sounds like good odds for anyone facing a huge rat "nation" full of pro gamers. If nothing else, it brought out some fun, almost... Oh and...screenshot or it didn't happen....everyone knows that.
13211084.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Ya, it sucked because Nyurtle was out there too. If he had been able to join, one or two of us would've been able to join also. RoE needs work.

By those admissions, sounds like y'all have more numbers than we Dutch, if you were able to do all 3 things so easily at an odd hour of the night.

It was a 3 vs 4 fight with one more out side so that is 5 Pirates in that area.  I had been grinding fleets when we hit the Sanit, just came out of it up north.   We had 1 or 2 doing the agro south.  I think maybe one more was doing missions too.   That would mean we had like 8 max.   We counted 8 Dutch out side Castries.  That sounds more like equal numbers to me.  I have all ways said the Pirates and Dutch are about equal since the patch.  Never said we had more or less.  Been very clear about this as ya'll keep thinking we are the strongest nation.  There is a big difference when you have a small organized group and then play well.  Compared to large numbers with no clue how to work with each other.  

Now lets say it was 8 vs 8 the big difference is almost all our 8  are veterans players.  When you take that into account that is like having 12 vs 8 in a fight.  That is why when we are out number something like 10 vs 15 we have won with little to no lost.  Experience means a lot.  We also have our ports spread out for a reason to respond to things quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Cool, so not only do you guys outnumber us

What part of "no" do you not understand?  You really need to get some glasses or see some therapist to get oriented back to reality.

Secondly, your are now going do deny anything that happened if there are no screen shots...wow dude, wow!  What happened to the Dutch being honest?

7 minutes ago, Neverdead Ned said:

What part of "no" do you not understand?  You really need to get some glasses or see some therapist to get oriented back to reality.

Secondly, your are now going do deny anything that happened if there are no screen shots...wow dude, wow!  What happened to the Dutch being honest?

Learn to respond to everything or say nothing at all...and no one believes rats can't round up plenty of ppl on a whim.

You know we have always told each other in the Dutch that phrase as a joke. But considering the nature of rats, everyone throughout history knows never to trust them. lol

So yeah, this is the problem.

Dutch decide to fight Pirates and the Pirates essentially say "You have no right for your justification, if anything, we should be killing you. How dare you fight us."

When instead everyone should be saying "Hell yeah, time to sink more people." FFS everyone should keep their salty shit to a minimum.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So yeah, this is the problem.

Dutch decide to fight Pirates and the Pirates essentially say "You have no right for your justification, if anything, we should be killing you. How dare you fight us."

This is what I find funny. They are Pirates. In reality Pirates had no rights since they were nothing but in most cases an unaffiliated collective of criminals. Pirates are at war with everyone. They might have a few loose agreements but they never last forever. 

• Like 1

to me, it's less about the historical facts that Pirates were this or Pirates were that. It's about the players saying they absolutely want to PvP and fight and when a nation comes around and says "We want to fight you" (in a role playing manner) some, NOT ALL, some pirates come and get incredibly salty immediately about it.

All I ask is these folks stop talking so much shit about who's justification is correct or how you shouldn't or should fight or for revenge and instead enjoy the fact that you get to sink more players and fight in more Port battles? And I'm not point fingers at only one side, it's all the nations, including the pirates (although Danes are an exception) that for some reason, seem to really despise fighting. This is merely another example that I see the Pirates say "How dare you fight us when we are already outnumbered," but for all the past threads and posts, they always, always enjoy showing how they beat everyone consistently while outnumbered and they show it through pictures.

We can't deny the Pirates, most notably the BLACK clan, are REALLY good players, they are arguably better then any other player on the PvP2 server. I just wish some would stop complaining and enjoy the fact that they get to fight when they get online.

Because I get on for 1-2 hours and I talked about it before, apart from swede ports, there was nothing to fight THAT would get players to defend at the same time. So when I see this "war dec" from Dutch to Pirate I see "great content is coming and we have more players to fight."

• Like 2