Game-Labs Forum

Kloothommel

(I don't know if on the right forum, but it feels like the right spot.)

I might have come across as a bit overinvolved and a bit too emotionally attached (to use terms that have less negative connotations) to the game and its communities. I just want to see a game that is fun (again) for eveybody. I also understand why people react strongly to my points (sometimes). Most of them because they care just as much about the game. (Yes even you, @JollyRoger1516) Especially with the current stress caused by night/dayflips (across all timezones). We are not there yet to iron out the problems. But some steps have been made.

But what I am trying to say is: I want to try to change my tone to a (hopefully) positive and constructive tone. i know I have a bit of a negative reputation (I'm not going to react on if it is valid or not) but nonetheless I want to try to be positive and constructive in my comments and feedback.

Take this statement for what value you want to put to it. I know some may try to troll this post to try my resolve.

Don't worry, I will not react on your good/bad attempts at trolling.

I for now will not go beyond some basic gameplay (farming/crafting), but I will be around (ish). Give me a poke if you happen to catch me online if you want to have a pleasant and friendly discussion about issues or just soundboarding ideas to improve the game.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 21

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Say it isn't so? :) Much of your trolling is lol-worthy and we need every player we can grab who actually cares about the game to be an advocate for it. But your sentiment is highly appreciated and hopefully will be reflected by the rest of us in our interactions in-game and out.

For me some of my remarks were purely feuled by frustration. About the state of a game I really love, a community I see as good friends.  I just see anger fueling anger more and more. I feel like I was able to let off some steam these past few days and taking a break from RVR stress and taking some time to reassess what we need to do and get done.

Edited by Kloothommel

1 minute ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Kloothommel right now:

36387200.jpg

Cannot... resist... Grumpy cat...

don-t-stop-believing-never-started.jpg

But seriously, I'd really like to see people talking again to improve things a bit more. Every little bit helps. 

Tonights meeting may not have had the landslide effect some might have hoped for, but pebbles have started rolling.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Well for once I can get behind your statement ;)

oxWSXyI.jpg

Feels good though.

And I agree about sticking around to see this succeed. Just taking an RVR-break for me to get stuff in perspective.

Edited by Kloothommel

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if the reasons to bury the hatchet have been reached!

Danes, launching 3am port battles to win. We'll yeah that hatchet is even.

Danes, exploiting features! Hmm can't be considered even until you have just a capital left.

Sing when your winning #exploit #testing!  

Cry me a salty river when you loose. #it's not fair, only danes should be able to use exploits to win. #mountain of salt 

Its not entirely your fault @Kloothommel.  I believe many of the tension in this game right now stem almost entirely from development decisions.  If resources were not so rare, more ports produced them more scattered thought the map, and we didn't have broken regional bonuses that make it so any ships you craft are inferior if you lose that region has made regions so important that losing them is a devastating blow to your nation. 

If regions were not as important, as in more scattered recourse distribution and no regional trims, and we had smaller but a lot more regions, you wouldnt care so much that the USA took Sunbury back and it wouldn't be such a big deal that the USA got your strong hull region.  These game development decision need to be rolled back so that healthy competition is promoted and not the toxic kind we have now. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 2

On 28/1/2017 at 11:00 PM, Kloothommel said:

(I don't know if on the right forum, but it feels like the right spot.)

I might have come across as a bit overinvolved and a bit too emotionally attached (to use terms that have less negative connotations) to the game and its communities. I just want to see a game that is fun (again) for eveybody. I also understand why people react strongly to my points (sometimes). Most of them because they care just as much about the game. (Yes even you, @JollyRoger1516) Especially with the current stress caused by night/dayflips (across all timezones). We are not there yet to iron out the problems. But some steps have been made.

But what I am trying to say is: I want to try to change my tone to a (hopefully) positive and constructive tone. i know I have a bit of a negative reputation (I'm not going to react on if it is valid or not) but nonetheless I want to try to be positive and constructive in my comments and feedback.

Take this statement for what value you want to put to it. I know some may try to troll this post to try my resolve.

Don't worry, I will not react on your good/bad attempts at trolling.

I for now will not go beyond some basic gameplay (farming/crafting), but I will be around (ish). Give me a poke if you happen to catch me online if you want to have a pleasant and friendly discussion about issues or just soundboarding ideas to improve the game.

Bend the knee my lord     and declare surrender maybe your new USA Overlords will feel pity for you and  spare your nation from the final humiliation

ps: lets recap denmark attitude

thread 

1) cocky and threatening everybody

2) QQ and tears

3) QQ and tears

4) QQ and tears and promises of quit the game

5) YEah i am sorry lets change the tones, okay??  we can be good brosefs da comrad? free vodka 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

Resources are rare! What a load of utter crap! 

In other words you want it like it was, everything around your capital!!? 

You just sail about to gain items!!!

Resources are rare! You lot talk a load of crap sometimes! Allies should be done by access to resources not who is next to you!!

1 minute ago, Kloothommel said:

Above in this post: Two people who cannot imagine a game where people don't hate eachother. 

1ebfde7f417ba8043d0b1f6d151fe5afc2e163a5

Man you shit at this meta you now? you really think someone gonna fall into  your troll thread? after the shit and hate you spilled in the last 5 thread?

Now suddently you reverse the table and you expect that the people at whom you shit in the scrambled eggs  for months, Sit there and be reasonable with you? And share a meal ?

I am the only one who see thrue this "performance" ? 

1 minute ago, Kloothommel said:

Again: Pot. Kettle. Black. 

Take a break, It might be good for you!

Such a pity..

it was more fun when you where barking and shouting around  and threatening everybody this new beated dog version is just sad 

Edited by Lord Vicious

ffs with all this hippie crap feel-good-love is in the airs... does this mean I can't insult ppl? WTF am I supposed to do with my spare time now?

Edited by Guest