Game-Labs Forum

PVP1 - Diplomacy Summit (Sat 1/28 15:00 GMT)

Christendom

As requested by multiple nations, the US will be hosting a Diplo meeting on US TS this Saturday 1/28 @ 15:00 GMT (10am EST).  Members from every nation are encouraged to show up, I am posting this here on National news so every nation is aware of the meeting.  Prior discussions between some of our nations have excluded some members for various reasons and this aimed to be an all or nothing show.

Details 

• No more than 3 members from each nation please.  Unsanctioned Diplos will be booted at the request of their nation peers.
  • Please show up with a unified opinion or goal, would rather not waste time discussing inter-nation BS.
  • The meeting will be recorded for posterity, though not posted for general public listening.
  • Unruly or overly hostile members will be removed from TS in hopes of not derailing any sort of discussion.  This provision was made after Kloothomel's outbursts last night
  • Leave your vitriol and other bullshit at home.

Summit Objectives 

• Present the devs with a unified front of all PvP1 nations, hopefully 1 loud voice will get their attention, on how to fix the game.  RVR, Server Merge, ETC
  • Fix the dreaded night flip problem
  • Address the growing toxicity of the nations and aims to improve the player base and general health of the game.
  • Anything else within the scope of the meeting.

As promised in another meeting earlier this week, This will be the US attempt to TRY get the ball rolling towards a healthier player base and help ensure the longevity of the game (despite the devs best attempts to end it..).  This will also be the only attempt by the US to bring others to the table, should these talks degrade into the usual history lesson on who did what, US players should play on PVP2 bullcrap, we will not initiate and participate in any future meetings of a similar nature.  

This is it boys and girls, show up and put your money where your mouth is or stop whining on the forums.  Your opinions and general whine will not be listening to on this thread, please don't muck it up with bullshit. 

PM me through here or in-game if you have any observations to make or need the TS info.

ps - I have no idea why those #2s are showing up or how to delete them...

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 15

You dare to call me hostile? After I come to your TS to talk at 5 AM eu time to accomodate you? After 10 guys yelled at me and I yell back because of a lack of sleep? Bravo. Great start. 

Don't worry. We will send somebody else.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 3

I am glad there is some impetus to try to get us talking as a community instead of as factions.  I would suggest, however, that the recordings be made public for the following reasons:

1.  If you are speaking for the community, the community deserves to hear what is said.

2.  There will certainly be more than one recording made, and at some point it will likely leak anyway.

3.  It prevents the "he said, she said behind closed doors" nonsense.

4.  It will likely encourage delegates to ve more cooperative as it is for posterity.

5.  Should you have a list of proposals for the Devs, they will likely want to see how they were arrived at.

• Like 13

I think it depends on what is actually going to be talked about. If this talk covers diplomacy between the two alliance blocks on future interaction then I think that in no way should the conversation be immediately released for public consumption.  Those kinds of meetings often use "diplomatic tactics" to get the agreements made. It provides to much fodder for trolls and will cause discussions for the following weeks about decisions already made. The time for the general player base to involve themselves in these discussions is before the discussion with their national leadership/diplos.

Now, if this meeting is simply to find a solution to various issues in the game in order to provide a united front to the admins then I don't see the harm in letting people listen in, as long as we are all joining the discussion as friends and not adversaries.

• Like 5

PvP2 is interested as well. Our server is probably in a dismal state right now of stagnation and population decay. We planned a meeting starting two weeks ago scheduled the 29th. Since our population is unbalanced our focus is more on servers current state and attempting to find a reasonable way to have players return and population growth in the smaller factions. Also to end wars in a more diplomatic manner rather than what we have now which has brought us too much bad blood in the water. One rule of our meeting I did not see you have is to not discuss anything about individual clans, bring up the past, or attempt to avoid discussing about individual factions as much as possible. 

So best of wishes that your meeting is successful from PvP2. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Johny Reb said:

I think it depends on what is actually going to be talked about. If this talk covers diplomacy between the two alliance blocks on future interaction then I think that in no way should the conversation be immediately released for public consumption.  Those kinds of meetings often use "diplomatic tactics" to get the agreements made. It provides to much fodder for trolls and will cause discussions for the following weeks about decisions already made. The time for the general player base to involve themselves in these discussions is before the discussion with their national leadership/diplos.

Now, if this meeting is simply to find a solution to various issues in the game in order to provide a united front to the admins then I don't see the harm in letting people listen in, as long as we are all joining the discussion as friends and not adversaries.

It is to be more the latter.

22.jpg

• Like 5

I would love to be involved, listen, stream and or contribute, however, its 2am on a Sunday Morning for me. I know where I live and have to just 'rub a brick on it' and 'be teddy tough'.

I am very supportive of the initiative and would love to hear it recorded so I can hear the nub of the conversation.

I implore everyone to enter as a gamer and not as a national captain.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm starting a data collection effort in Suggestions to look at post-connection, in-game pings for both PvP1 and PvP2. Let's see if we can't force the dev's to give us a straight answer on server mergers one way or another, and collect some of our own data about what might happen on a server merge to one continent or another. This may be relevant to how we present information or discuss building or making-do with our current player population/numbers.

I am currently at the point where a server merger would not bother me even if the meetings go well. At least that way the population is focused onto one major server. Also remove some of the people that actually act like they have all the power in PvP2 down a few pegs bringing them back to reality. 

Also this seems a bit off subject matter.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

I am currently at the point where a server merger would not bother me even if the meetings go well. At least that way the population is focused onto one major server. Also remove some of the people that actually act like they have all the power in PvP2 down a few pegs. 

Also this seems a bit off subject matter.

A server merge wouldn't address the reason why neither the PvP2 nor the PvP1 servers are getting depopulated.. The depopulation started a while ago and was first showing on the PvP2 server because it's the smallest one from the start.. The PvP1 server is experiencing a similar problem but due to a larger starting population have been more insulated against it's effects - but not unaffected.. And I agree it's a different topic..

6 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

I am glad there is some impetus to try to get us talking as a community instead of as factions.  I would suggest, however, that the recordings be made public for the following reasons:

1.  If you are speaking for the community, the community deserves to hear what is said.

2.  There will certainly be more than one recording made, and at some point it will likely leak anyway.

3.  It prevents the "he said, she said behind closed doors" nonsense.

4.  It will likely encourage delegates to ve more cooperative as it is for posterity.

5.  Should you have a list of proposals for the Devs, they will likely want to see how they were arrived at.

Can the non diplomats please observe the talks via a 'Listener' channel. No reason for closed doors since this is not a super top secret push operation. Rather its a community get together.

• Like 1