Game-Labs Forum

Current status of Signaling Perk?

Farrago

Question

I've seen comments that this perk is broken and debating whether it is a good thing, whether it should be automatically granted, etc. As of now (Jan 21) what is the status of the Signaling Perk? In what situations does it activate? Does it leave battles open for AI to join as well? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Signaling is active when- player who tags has the signaling perk, or player who got tagged has the signaling perk. If your BR doesn't exceed the enemy's BR you can enter the battle on friendly side. If your BR is to high you cannot enter. For example, you are in a Surprise (140BR) and attack a Constitution (250BR). So the biggest ship that can join is a Renommee (110BR), everything bigger can't join because it would be over 250BR.

AI can join if they are in Player fleet but there has to be enough room for them to join otherwise the player and his fleet cannot join.

I still don't know how long the battles stay open, i heard something about 20 minutes but i'm not sure about that.

5 hours ago, Pada said:

Signaling is active when- player who tags has the signaling perk, or player who got tagged has the signaling perk. If your BR doesn't exceed the enemy's BR you can enter the battle on friendly side. If your BR is to high you cannot enter. For example, you are in a Surprise (140BR) and attack a Constitution (250BR). So the biggest ship that can join is a Renommee (110BR), everything bigger can't join because it would be over 250BR.

AI can join if they are in Player fleet but there has to be enough room for them to join otherwise the player and his fleet cannot join.

I still don't know how long the battles stay open, i heard something about 20 minutes but i'm not sure about that.

Actually just ran into an issue with that the other day. I was with a large group and got tagged. I had signalling. We had a NPC trader lynx, Buc, Frigate, Bellona, and a Victory. My opponent had Three Santi, Two Victory, and a L'Ocean. All our 1st rates were waiting to ambush them but could not get into the battle since it said it would exceed BR.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

Actually just ran into an issue with that the other day. I was with a large group and got tagged. I had signalling. We had a NPC trader lynx, Buc, Frigate, Bellona, and a Victory. My opponent had Three Santi, Two Victory, and a L'Ocean. All our 1st rates were waiting to ambush them but could not get into the battle since it said it would exceed BR.

First off, you guys did the tagging but it was odd that your first rates didn't get in.  We would have liked to cap more of them. :)  Thanks for the Vic as it was nicer than the scrubby prize teak L'Ocean I was using for that one.