admin

Content plans for the first half of 2017

414 posts in this topic

I'm just hoping to see a poll questionnaire on each bullet point and once each patch is deployed and we've had a week to play with it. Just make any polls be more in-depth than just a "Whadya think of the patch?" heh

2 minutes ago, Kiithnaras said:

@Hethwill, You betcha. I only wish smugglers would get the same treatment instead of being nixed.

True that. I like their removal if it means they can be reworked and be diluted as a "dark matter" mechanic in-between the other mechanics and completely unlike it is now.

Like a grey zone and uncomfortable activity to conduct, that can be high risk but if planned well yield good profit.

1 person likes this

Kickstarters for ships now? Could this be a hint of some financial difficulties the devs are having? 

Also, please don't remove missions. They and "small battles" are really the only things that keeps me coming back to this game.

Edited by Arvenski
2 people like this

I'd love to see the missions not close. Make mission hunting a past time for defender fleets 

The good:

-Raids

-True Pirate mode

The awful:

-Eliminating hostility, you "buy" a port battle? How does this create gameplay? How does this create immersion?

-Return of Lord Protector just about ruins this game for anyone not in Euro time zone. At least players around GMT have the ability to wake up in the middle of the night if they want to PB for an American time zone port. People in American time zones do not have the same option to simply take off work in the middle of the day to PB on European time. The idea that all timezones are equal for a Lord Protector system is inherently flawed.

-NPC changes. AI should never attack players on a PvP server. That is why we play on a PvP server, to fight other players!! Back when NPCs still had aggro, it would ruin PvP to have to dodge ridiculous AI tags from ships that posed no actual threat of harm or fun. There has NEVER been a PvP fight that was enhanced by the sudden addition of an AI ship, "elite", or not. Now we have to deal with this again. Why???

9 people like this

Aggressive PVE AL will be a bonus for those on the PVE server.

Brining in the older conquest system will have its advantages if the map is divided into timezones so everyone can play pb and raids in their prime time. This is a must or the game will wither without most of the non euro population being able to access port battles.

Asian localisation? Asian server coming? Hopefully not with the same problem as World of Cheats. :)

Officers cease to be is also a good topic.

For one it simply removes the "oh darn need to grind perks" feeling many players pass through every time they have to train a new officer.

Another thing is that it gets under the wing of the player and definitely warrants no more resets making way for a career prototype maybe.

1 person likes this

Something needs to be made clear that wasn't addressed in this post. The game community needs to know if/when (round about time) there will be a wipe. As a clan leader I have many people waiting to know. In your plans for the first 1/2 of the year you have not mentioned it.  No doubt there are Hundreds of players that are waiting for the wipe to come back to the game. The wipe rumor is wiping out the player base. we need to know when/if this is planned. Would like to hear it from an admin not a moderator pls.

7 people like this

A more aggressive AI for PvE server would be a big plus. With no penalty for doing it, just about everyone leaves the smuggler flag on. Problem is, with the political system declaring anyone not allied is an enemy, killing the flag would also kill trade. As it is, deals between players are dependent on free ports and being able to slink into enemy ports. End that and trade flow stops; that stops crafting.

Non allied friends and neutrals did exist during the time period. That would make it less necessary for the flag. Having something like it raise the AI awareness -- put a price on your head? -- could set the mark for the nation"s AI fleets to start attacking you.

1 person likes this

Much of this sounds good, however, the worth of other changes remains to be seen once implemented. I really only have one question/2 parts......................

When is the big "going live wipe" and what will be able to keep once the wipe happens? (rank, crafting level, etc) If this info has been accurately posted recently, please forgive me. If not, please respond.

17 hours ago, admin said:

American ship pack Kickstarter event.

• We constantly receive requests to improve USS Constitution to the level of new ships like Endymion. Constitution was the second ship we built in NA. To make it happen we will arrange a Kickstarter to fund this project. The Kickstarter will also contain additional US based ships on stretch goals. If this event is successful we will set up such events for other underrepresented national vessels too.

I actually think it's a great way to get more ships - let those who are willing pay to get them build - everyone ingame will benefit regardless of funding source.

BUT........ I DO NOT LIKE this sentence:  If this event is successful we will set up such events for other underrepresented national vessels too. ("other" underrepresented nations???? Americans are not underrepresented!!!)

I will gladly fund a Danish ships pack but as I would never pay to get more American ships this might never happen!!!!????!!!!!!?????

Why should we pay for MORE US ships before we can get what many are clamoring for: small nation ships!! ????????????

I sincerely hope this statement will be changed.

I will pay most of a development pack of Danish ships myself if I have to and contribute to Swedish and dutch ships - but keep me out of more American vessels!!!!

And an in game shop for paint and trinkets would be great!!! BUT NO P2W

1 person likes this

Please consider taking the Interest Poll directed at these content changes. Because there is a limit to questions, I've made two polls questioning your interest in each aspect of these proposed changes. The final question is multiple choice for top 5 interests.

Poll Part 1
Poll Part 2

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Blaatand said:

I actually think it's a great way to get more ships - let those who are willing pay to get them build - everyone ingame will benefit regardless of funding source.

BUT........ I DO NOT LIKE this sentence:  If this event is successful we will set up such events for other underrepresented national vessels too. ("other" underrepresented nations???? Americans are not underrepresented!!!)

I will gladly fund a Danish ships pack but as I would never pay to get more American ships this might never happen!!!!????!!!!!!?????

Why should we pay for MORE US ships before we can get what many are clamoring for: small nation ships!! ????????????

I sincerely hope this statement will be changed.

I will pay most of a development pack of Danish ships myself if I have to and contribute to Swedish and dutch ships - but keep me out of more American vessels!!!!

And an in game shop for paint and trinkets would be great!!! BUT NO P2W

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep Sigh....................

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Blaatand said:

Deep Sigh....................

:lol:

No but seriously, a new Connie model + a Dutch, Dane or Swedish ship pack would be more reasonable. Maybe even a Bavarian ship pack :P I think we have access to an ocean somewhere.

Edited by Pada
1 person likes this

Still digesting the core...but to help the business model, sell us for RL $ (or and rewards for amazingness) Sail decal's, Figureheads, Adornments, Colour Skins and Ship Names.

Do iiiiiiiiiiit.

Ya know, Elite Dangerous $2 for a skin, 2$ for a decal, $3 for a combo etc.

Edited by Jeheil
13 people like this

8 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

Pirates are a faction but at the same time they are not in the current games build. I am gla they are trying to correct this pirate limbo and making the pirates less of a faction and more their own individual element.

We will just have to wait and see how this turns out....something is better than nothing. Kinda happy about the return of green on green so folks will not worry as much about us as there will prob be some clan vs clan fights in pirates lol  Though we still should be more like privatters with the choice to be full blown pirates (outlaws).

8 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

People paid for this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259130636

A promise that new things like ships would be added to the game forever was never made, nor is it reasonable.  Paid expansions are completely normal in video games - additional ship packs can be thought of as paid expansions if you like.  Either way, this idea that somehow the community is entitled to new things forever at no additional cost is a fallacy.

I'm now all for it as a way to do Paid funded expansions to the game.  We will just have to wait and see.

8 hours ago, wafflez1g said:

Yes DLC packs are a thing but not in beta versions of a game, that is a hilarious joke to me. I'll pay for a game, dlc packs if I enjoy it but asking for people to pay for ships to be added to the game that is in beta makes no sense. Or alpha in that regard.

I think this is what throwing most folks off is the way it was worded.  If we are funding for the game while it's being alpha than they should come up with founder packs for those that help.  Cause isn't that exactly what we are doing by paying for EA without using a kick starter?  That is what the money from EA is suppose to go to is to fund getting the game complete for release without using some big backer.

8 hours ago, Captiva said:

If the ability for ai privateers to attack trader ships is brought back to the game, would it be possible to allow all trader ships to have at least stern chasers?

From what I've read, the original schooner named Lynx was outfitted as a trader but carried six 12 pd cannon on board. I'm not asking for that, but I don't understand why any trader ship would not carry stern chasers.

Maybe with the new crafting mechanics it will allow us to add some more guns to traders at the cost of cargo space or add more crew.  I'm hoping so cause I kinda want a cross between the Snow and Trader snow for shallow hunting.  Kinda like how we have the LVG that works great for that in deep water.   Though would still want something between like a surprise size ship.  If they add agro NPC they need to tone down more of the NPC AI out in the open world than they all ready have.  Getting tagged by one and pulling in a bunch of fleets is going to piss a bunch of folks off.

7 hours ago, Hodo said:

The problems I am having with this, is we are being asked to pay for a remodel and fix on something that should be done anyway.  As for more ships for that nation, that I am fine with paying for.  Same for any nation.  If I want access to more Dutch ships, I would gladly pay for them.. if I want more US ships I would pay for them.. but I will not pay for them to update a model they have nerfed into the bottom of the ocean because it was the first of its class in game.

Yah for the Connie that is how I see it.  Now for future ships I can see doing packs that help the game grow to add more content, but they need to be a set goal of how much it cost to hire that 3D designer to make the ships in a timely manor and have them added to the game.   Those that put into the Kick start could get the BP's and maybe some special paints/skins for there ships, but the BP's are either go into crafting tree or other ways you can get in game if you didn't donate to the kickstart.  When they reach a limit they need to close it out and if any extra money from one goes straight into the next project.  This can be very easly abused too if we see a very slow time table and response from these.   Right now this game was suppose to release around now with last years plan.  Now it's looking more and more like a summer release or even end of year.  Are we waiting another year for slow content release?   By than the engine for this game prob needs to be updated and than we might as well start working on the NA2 and all that mony spent will be mute.  I would prefer before they talk about NA2 they work on an update for the current game to a new engine/system than come out with a total new game.

7 hours ago, Hodo said:

The problem with this is, if everyone is getting it for free after its finished, WHY would anyone put forth the money to get it in the first place?

Kind of an oxymoron of a situation.

Yah once it was explained better I cooled down on not liking the concept.  Think it just needed to be explained better, came out more we just want more of your money before we even finished the game and what we promised you.   

7 hours ago, D.Devil said:

pay us and you get wat you want! dont pay us and you can keep sending your requests, but theyll never be released muhahah

I really think they need a community manager for dealing with post and reaction as it doesn't all ways come out on both sides very well between the players and the dev team.

5 hours ago, Kiithnaras said:

Huge difference. I'd be a-okay with an in-game cash shop for cosmetics, extra harbor slots, extra fleet slots (not active fleet ships), and so on. Hell, I'd even be okay with a $5 "Silence, Nave, and Take My Dubloons!" option! At least there I know that 100% of my money that I'm sending goes to GameLabs. Valve and Kickstarter both have their percentages (Valve @30%, Kickstarter@8-10%). If it was only about the money, I'd be okay with Kickstarter, but I feel that it'd only be appropriate if the game was really drowning and gasping for air as a last-ditch effort to resurrect it and launch it back into the limelight.

As long as all those things you paid for I can get in game through grinding or PvP.   This is how SC puts buying ships in a good perspective cause any of the ships you can get in game after it releases.  And they have plans for some ships you can only get in game.  Once they get to one point you won't be able to buy the ships (certain ones) with real money either.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

From all the good News in the map we are getting drawn into a probable extra crowdfunding pack... *shrugs*

What about the Pirates change ? Surely many folk are happy with it and hoping for a extra layer of challenge on outlaw choice if it ever comes to be.

Honestly I'm happy there is going to be something, but I really wish it was more a privateer style class with Outlaws instead of what I'm reading so far.  Seems they are still keeping us like just a bastard child nation more than anything.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
1 person likes this

19 hours ago, admin said:

Content plans for 1H of 2017

• Officers
  • Officers will be removed and will perks will moved to the Captain him/herself. Officers might return in the future in a more traditional role and implementation.Will we be able to reset them and what about doing different builds.  I personally would prefer if the perks where locked to yous hips (as in the officer for that ship) not to my account/player.  Cause I use different ships to do different things.   The longer that ship stays a live and gain xp it the more experience it's officers and crew become and the more perks they have over say a green freshly crafted ship.  If you trade or sail the ship it resets it's perks.
    • We are also considering a reset/retire option for veterans who will be able to retire, and start a-fresh continuing a dynasty.?  Does this mean like  wipe of you char and start over?   Not sure the interest in this other than when game releases some folks might want to start all over fresh. 

3 people like this

9 hours ago, D.Devil said:

they don't ask money to remodel or tweak their ships though ;)

Neither do they here!!!  For gods sake how many people need to explain this to you?

Does anyone have a scissor and some cardboard to make him a model explaining this?

You are being labeled troll now so only risk nobody listening when you actually have an input to this game

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As long as all those things you paid for I can get in game through grinding or PvP.   This is how SC puts buying ships in a good perspective cause any of the ships you can get in game after it releases.  And they have plans for some ships you can only get in game.  Once they get to one point you won't be able to buy the ships (certain ones) with real money either.

I actually think SC has a better model for player interaction and funding... hell ... I have a hangar full of ships there waiting for release so have 10 times more money in that game than the measly funding required here.

Devs should also visit the SC site to see a different way of both funding AND presenting results and plans

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We are also considering a reset/retire option for veterans who will be able to retire, and start a-fresh continuing a dynasty.?  Does this mean like  wipe of you char and start over?   Not sure the interest in this other than when game releases some folks might want to start all over fresh. 

We were talking amongst clan mates and this might be a very cool option if starting a new member in your dynasty granted some grand perks, something like an extra outpost slot, etc. It could even include some passing on of ships and wealth, but just a reset of skills and experience.  I don't know, could be good and keep things from getting too stale for old grizzled, max-rank vets?

2 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Still digesting the core...but to help the business model, sell us for RL $ (or and rewards for amazingness) Sail decal's, Figureheads, Adornments, Colour Skins and Ship Names.

Do iiiiiiiiiiit.

Ya know, Elite Dangerous $2 for a skin, 2$ for a decal, $3 for a combo etc.

Hah! As long as they are captureable I'm in. :) 

3 people like this

54 minutes ago, Wraith said:

We were talking amongst clan mates and this might be a very cool option if starting a new member in your dynasty granted some grand perks, something like an extra outpost slot, etc. It could even include some passing on of ships and wealth, but just a reset of skills and experience.  I don't know, could be good and keep things from getting too stale for old grizzled, max-rank vets?

Sunless Sea game has something like this when you die and you die a lot in that game, you can if you set up a will and dynasty that your heir will get part of what you have in you legacy.  Kinda like the concept, but more in games with an actual time base. If they started the game say in 1700 and by 1800 we had died and come back several times I can see.  Just wouldn't mind some more detail cause really what would be the perk to start over a char.  I can see if you change you name and nation and get some of your stuff it could be useful as a way for people to change nations and to fill in the gap, but you need to limit how much and that they can only do so in low pop nations form a high pop one.  Instead of doing the current delete and loose all your stuff unless some one holds onto it.

I don't need another money sink MMO type game blown way to much money on pixels in the past.  I would only like it if you can get the same stuff in game through other means too.  So the broke folks can get them too and not how some games do it.  Where you can buy with real money and than sale it for some outragues price in game to those that don't want to pay real money.  Maybe make two sets of those options fro the PvEr's to buy out of game and than have one in game that you can only get through PvP.

52 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Hah! As long as they are captureable I'm in. :) 

2 hours ago, Blaatand said:

I actually think SC has a better model for player interaction and funding... hell ... I have a hangar full of ships there waiting for release so have 10 times more money in that game than the measly funding required here.

Devs should also visit the SC site to see a different way of both funding AND presenting results and plans

Same here! SC has way better model of sucking dollars out of our pockets and make us actually be happy about it :)