Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

On 17/03/2017 at 3:59 PM, Wesreidau said:

Taking away missions is wonderful and I can only hope they're taking away both combat and delivery missions. They printed money in March and were the root cause of inflation then. Delivery missions are the root of inflation now.

It's fine to take away missions now we have all ranked up....but what about new players in cutters?

What about a quick fight when you haven't got much time?

Really needs a re-think. Combat missions do no harm at all.

• Like 2

How do raids work?

And honestly, I don't mind if the devs sell ships like in WOT or WOW. They have to make money. New players will still buy the game as long as its updated and kept online. the added income from ship sales and perks like paint jobs is all to be expected. As long as the sandbox open world aspect of this game is preserved. I enjoy the trading, the missions, and the port battles. I like to craft ships and upgrades. I like fighting the Spanish and French and Pirates. I think iits cool you can make allies of countries though I would like to see those alliances shift with politics or even the occasional random political event... "British allies start impressing American sailors; world agog!" The money making aspect could be toned down a tad. And I never have warmed to the trading tool as its not always right and its a greater hassle now to find materials for crafting or trade. But I don't want trade to be much more difficult than it already is. And smuggling was actually kind of exciting, I didn't know who might attack me. I'd be kinda sorry to see it go. Anyway, As mush as I dislike the idea of the wipe, I understand it. I'm glad we can keep our crafting and combat XP. The money and materials hopefully I will be able to build back up again soon. Devs, overall, you guys are doing a grewat job. Don't let the naysayers put you off. This is a learning experience for all of us. Its actually a lot of fun. Oh, I think I have WAAAAY more hours on this game than any other by far. That says something right there.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 7:54 AM, Honourable Bluetooth said:

It's fine to take away missions now we have all ranked up....but what about new players in cutters?

What about a quick fight when you haven't got much time?

Really needs a re-think. Combat missions do no harm at all.

Small battles. Missions caused a lot of harm at various phases when the gold payout was astronomical. It also gets players in a grinding mindset by rewarding solo PvE play just outside Kingston Harbor. I also expect leveling up in this game will be a lot slower on release, and look forward to it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wesreidau said:

Small battles. Missions caused a lot of harm at various phases when the gold payout was astronomical. It also gets players in a grinding mindset by rewarding solo PvE play just outside Kingston Harbor. I also expect leveling up in this game will be a lot slower on release, and look forward to it.

Lower the gold and exp payout for missions.

It's not hard.

17 minutes ago, Honourable Bluetooth said:

Lower the gold and exp payout for missions.

It's not hard.

Already done in Testbed to a point if you noticed it. And was one of the things that the devs told since forever, that the amount of gold we have during testing is inflated.

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Already done in Testbed to a point if you noticed it. And was one of the things that the devs told since forever, that the amount of gold we have during testing is inflated.

It's really not that bad on test bed as I done a bunch of AI grinding and been getting pretty decent pay outs on traders and equal BR ships.  Your not going to get filthy rich over night, but your not going to be broke in a basic cutter either.

54 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Didn't do mission on the test bed so good to know.

So it works now or no?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, admin said:
    • We constantly receive requests to improve USS Constitution to the level of new ships like Endymion. Constitution was the second ship we built in NA. To make it happen we will arrange a Kickstarter to fund this project. The Kickstarter will also contain additional US based ships on stretch goals. If this event is successful we will set up such events for other underrepresented national vessels too.

It can be that you should fix Constitution for free.  I am not from US, but US is a big market and this kind of iconic ship should be well modeled.  USS Constitution will get a lot of attention, and not modeling it well may not simply be the best possible idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

It can be that you should fix Constitution for free.  I am not from US, but US is a big market and this kind of iconic ship should be well modeled.  USS Constitution will get a lot of attention, and not modeling it well may not simply be the best possible idea.

It is very well modeled sir. It is the best USS Constitution ever made in a computer game. 10x better than any competition.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Why people are not happy then?

Because lastly implemented ships are even much better modelled.

Compare USS Constitution or HMS Surprise (that'd also need some remodelling, no ?) with say Le Gros-Ventre or any newly implemented ships.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Why people are not happy then?

We have never seen a negative review about the constitution. People always want more. If they want more they will have to pay for our extra work. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Because lastly implemented ships are even much better modelled.

Compare USS Constitution or HMS Surprise (that'd also need some remodelling, no ?) with say Le Gros-Ventre or any newly implemented ships.

we just want to be clear. all ships in our game are beautiful and we are learning to make them better as we go. Subjective opinions on the ship visuals are subjective and do not give any ground to demand something extra, just because someone does like new ships than old ones.. 

• Like 5

I understand extra work and money and all that.

You make marketing material for US players.  So which ship you should use?  Maybe USS Constitution?

So for marketing purposes, I would make double sure that most iconic ships do look good.  If it were not about money, I suppose the old one would go as well.

edit.

I recommend that you do kickstarts with less iconic and important ships.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

5 hours ago, admin said:

We have never seen a negative review about the constitution. People always want more. If they want more they will have to pay for our extra work. 

Could you provide more info on Kickstarter packs I have 2 packs ready to go for a review with others in works. British and Spanish are already in Shipyard waiting. I am ready to put some $ into it even though I think we have plenty of ships in the game.  

Thanks.

Edited by Ned Loe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19.1.2017 at 9:26 AM, admin said:
  • User Interface changes

• Self-explanatory

• Localization into main European and Asian languages

• Self-explanatory

when can we expect a better User Interface and multi language support?

• 1 month later...

So, it is now nearly July, and we've seen barely anything in this list at all. Seriously, how long does it take to create a new UI? That should have been a priority imho.

This game is in a very sad state atm.... I am VERY much heading over to PoTBS instead, and spending my time there instead of here, unless we start seeing some massive change of heart from you devs.

8 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

So, it is now nearly July, and we've seen barely anything in this list at all. Seriously, how long does it take to create a new UI? That should have been a priority imho.

This game is in a very sad state atm.... I am VERY much heading over to PoTBS instead, and spending my time there instead of here, unless we start seeing some massive change of heart from you devs.

Well the UI can wait, as Unitiy stated there is a new update coming to the engine.  So I can see the UI taking a backseat to that.  IF the developer chooses to upgrade to Unity 5.0 he will have more options and the ability to add more ships something he cant do currently.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well the UI can wait, as Unitiy stated there is a new update coming to the engine.  So I can see the UI taking a backseat to that.  IF the developer chooses to upgrade to Unity 5.0 he will have more options and the ability to add more ships something he cant do currently.  

....you're joking right? The UI is one of the most important things in a game, and one of the very first things new players see. Putting the UI on the back burner is one of the most stupidest things you could do...

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

For many guys which know the game already it's something they don't care about

But I agree it's important for new guys

I about this game back in Feb 7th, 2016. Thats almost a year and a half ago, and have put 311 hours into it, and I believe the UI is far far over due for a complete overhaul at this point.

32 minutes ago, kitsunelegend said:

....you're joking right? The UI is one of the most important things in a game, and one of the very first things new players see. Putting the UI on the back burner is one of the most stupidest things you could do...

To you it maybe the most important thing.  But to some of us who are substance over style kind of people it is just a frivolous thing that can wait.