Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

40 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Now I just quit when I'm tagged by experts or gank fleets. No point of playing as nothing can be achieved. Only option is to surrender so the crew and perks are saved. I know many do this. It wasn't like that before.

You don't play the game, so don't make up stuff about how the current game plays.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fox2run said:

The whole idea behind a pvp area is already make me crying. Its a pvp server. Why mke pvp an event? becourse players cannot find eachother anymore. And why? the ROE timers where cut. It is that simple. 

Fox, I agree with your first two sentences. We don't have the pop.  Imo, battles & sailing take too long to satisfy most gamers. Here is my suggestion for you @fox2run, if you want to find fast combat (no I'm not going to mention small/large battles, said that enough). Look at the conquest information on the map, see where there is a port battle at a time when you can play.  Sail to the nearest free port to that port & set up an outpost. Tow your ship there.  Then an hour before the battle, go looking for a fight. I guarantee you will find one.  

Forever open timers doesnt work with teleports & fast OS speeds. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat

18 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Fox, I agree with your first two sentences. We don't have the pop.  Imo, battles & sailing take too long to satisfy most gamers. Here is my suggestion for you @fox2run, if you want to find fast combat (no I'm not going to mention small/large battles, said that enough). Look at the conquest information on the map, see where there is a port battle at a time when you can play.  Sail to the nearest free port to that port & set up an outpost. Tow your ship there.  Then an hour before the battle, go looking for a fight. I guarantee you will find one.  

Forever open timers doesnt work with teleports & fast OS speeds. 

Anne W. 

Well. Forget it. I did that for 6 month and had only a handfull of PBs. To much work for nothing. Sometimes I even made a mistake and came in "wrong" ship and got bashed. This excercise will take hours and maybe Im not even going to join a battle. 

Well. In other similar combat games I log on - find a game - and bam - into action. Right away. No delay. No working for hours in advance. And I can tell you this: no one is bashing me. No one has an opinion on what I shall do or not. Im free. Im a free gamer in my sparetime. Here in NA all kind of mini-admirals made semi-kingdoms with their own rules, I had to follow. Im not going to play this unless action is made easier to get. What you describe is the most terrible matchmaking system in the pc world. 

Its not working. I have been playing games since you wore dipers. And my stomach tells me this game is about to fail. 

This is maybe some kind of a naval game. But its not a combat game. It was once. But no more.

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Anne W. 

Well. Forget it. I did that for 6 month and had only a handfull of PBs. To much work for nothing. Sometimes I even made a mistake and came in "wrong" ship and got bashed. This excercise will take hours and maybe Im not even going to join a battle. 

Well. In other similar combat games I log on - find a game - and bam - into action. Right away. No delay. No working for hours in advance. And I can tell you this: no one is bashing me. No one has an opinion on what I shall do or not. Im free. Im a free gamer in my sparetime. Here in NA all kind of mini-admirals made semi-kingdoms with their own rules, I had to follow. Im not going to play this unless action is made easier to get. What you describe is the most terrible matchmaking system in the pc world.

I don't think Anne was advising you to join the PB, just lurk around the edges and look for an opportunity to jump on someone who gets careless. It's doubly good if the alliances situ allow you to go for the PB attackers. The picket ships stand off from the main PB attack fleet and there's plenty of opportunity to get someone in a 1v1 battle.

Other than that I can only advise you to wait for release and hope the server population climbs above 2000 during peak times. That will bring back the glory days for you. Right now you need a moba and that isn't NA since virtually no one uses the large and small battles.

Brace yourselves - incoming rant (hopefully as constructive criticism)...

Yes, there's things that could improve the PvP situation even for the lean populations now - some seem very obvious to me. I know other people feel the same way too. Blockades and raids as map hot spots and used for PB hostility jump to mind. Why weren't they next down the pipe and put onto the test server? No idea. :(

I tried the PvE events but I suck so that's a wash. Good grief, the qualifying ship has only been Rattlesnake for how long now? Not that would make any difference to my performance but still. The lack of attention to simple things... :huh:

People have tried getting clarification on specific points of new features by addressing them specifically to @admin and been totally ignored most of the time. What the hell is the deal with asking us to test without knowing the boundary conditions? You can't be bothered to take 2 minutes to respond? I see no reason to waste hours of my time trying to accidentally discover the weak spots. :wacko:

The long planned "in the next patch" game entry polls to better gauge the attitudes of all players on specific issues and not just forum residents. Incredibly valuable source of info neglected for months now. :angry:

The difference in level of developer dialogue between NA and some other early access indy games is huge. It can be done right, and when it is it...

• encourages and motivates the "testers"
  • reinforces the fact that they are "testers" and not paying customer players
  • better equips testers with direction on where the devs think the problems are, which results in more productive testing. :(

Don't even get me started on the futility of changing multiple factors at a time and thinking you can draw any meaningful conclusions from the results. :o

Edited by Angus McGregor

4 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Yes, I was talking about finding open world battles before the port battle, not joining the port battle. 

I would honestly give up on him.  Every post I read seems he wants every thing easy and just handed to him.  He needs to go play some other game and just give up on this one.  Cause apparently this game is not what /HE/ wants.

Though I agree with the means to get PvP.  The first week after patch came out we screened Spain ports when US was trying to do easy region flips.  We captured 17 first rates that week without a lost of any of our ships above a 4th rate.   All we would do is wait until the port battles and come hang out some where between that port and the newest freeport we knew they would come for.  Most the time we would be out number and than half the other side would just escape so they can get to the port battle.  Leaving be hind several SOL's that where to slow to our mercy that now have became the out numbered ones.  Never seen so many folks just dump there SOL's cause they want to rush to an empty port battle (Spain had like 1-2 active players than and still now).  We still do this for the smaller nations and we get plenty of PvP from it even on PvP2 which is very small population.  Hell the last few port battles we have done we haven't even been going to the show and just wait until they come out to capture a bunch of ships and take there booty (ship/paint chest and ships).    Who needs a port battle when you get more kills on the OW?

• Like 1

Well. Its not that I haven't played the game and did all kind if things to make it work. Being top-ranked on pvp alone. Max shipbuilder AND made a clan.

The problem is that the FUN part. The battles are too hard to get. With a more accessible ROE we didn't need a MOBA. Unfortunately ROE is favouring... Hmmm... Who? Not the ones who like combat....

4 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Well. Its not that I haven't played the game and did all kind if things to make it work. Being top-ranked on pvp alone. Max shipbuilder AND made a clan.

The problem is that the FUN part. The battles are too hard to get. With a more accessible ROE we didn't need a MOBA. Unfortunately ROE is favouring... Hmmm... Who? Not the ones who like combat....

Good job man! I'm so impressed by your achievements. You must be a true PvP'er! :o

Joking aside. 
What kind of ridicoulus argument is this? "Unfortunately ROE is favouring... Hmmm... Who? Not the ones who like combat....."

You are ignorant mate. 
Almost every single PvP'er and "Veteran" PvP'er i know in Naval Action (Amounting to more than 100 players), like the current RoE. Longer timers kills PvP. 

Now feel free to tell me i'm not a proper PvP'er just because i liked 2 minute timers and because i like the current RoE. 
Heck, feel free to say that all i like to do is "Gank" as well. 

Current RoE favours many playstyles.
- Solo Player, can pick a fight and know that there won't be 25x 1st rates joining enemy side after 9 minutes. (Turning what might be a 100% fair battle, into a massive gank)
- Small Groups, can pick a fight and know that there won't be 25x 1st rates joining enemy side after 9 minutes. (Turning what might be a 100% fair battle, into a massive gank)
- Large Groups, can pick a fight with other large groups and know that there won't be 10x 1st rates joining enemy side after 9 minutes. (Turning what might be a 100% fair battle, into a massive gank)
- Guys that just like massive trafalgar battles can do Port Battles or go in a large group, looking for a large enemy group. 

10 minute timers favours who exactly?
- Solo players? Nope.
- Small Groups? Nope.
- Large Groups? 25 man groups, yes. 15 man groups? Nooope. 

Furthermore 10 minute timers is perfect for organized Gank Groups. They can bait solo players and small groups into attacking and then warp speed with 20 ships into the instance to gank the solo player/Small group that took the bait.
This forces people to sit at max tagging range untill the battle closes because only then can they be sure that 20 ships doesn't magically spawn in on the enemy side. 

In my opinion, the current "Signalling Perk" is a perfect compromise.
Battles stay open untill they are "relatively fair".

But alas, you have a different opinion. Thats fine.
But don't come here saying the current RoE doesn't favour people who likes combat. Its a horrible argument considering the fact that a shitton of renowned PvP'ers will disagree with you :)

• Like 8

On 30.1.2017 at 3:44 PM, fox2run said:

Maybe it's realistic but it's not fun.

Hence players dropped the game. ROE needs to open up for sandbox battles.

It was a great hit in old days. It could be so again. Now only 6 vs 6 are planned. It's so terrible that I could cry.

Exactly!

On 30.1.2017 at 5:24 PM, fox2run said:

Its not working. I have been playing games since you wore dipers. And my stomach tells me this game is about to fail. 

This is maybe some kind of a naval game. But its not a combat game. It was once. But no more.

Exactly!

Hi Developers,

I was wondering when we would get other regions in the world, besides just the caribbean to sea and battle in? Teleporting between regions could work similar to teleporting to your home capital.

- Channel waters between UK and EU

- Mediterranean 

- South Africa /Cape of Good Hope ?

- India ?

- Australia / NZ ?

Regards,

• Like 5

On 1/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

I argued a similar thing at one point, where pirates could not capture ports but only raid them - with mechanics and rewards comparable to PBs. In exchange, they would have greater latitude in what ports they were able to enter (like having a permanent smuggler tag that also works on their warships) and their home port would be hidden.

It should be Privateers not Pirates and you have an option to (prob clan base vote) to be a privateer to one nation or another.  You can only use that nations ports while your working for them.  Other wise the only ports you get are free ports and maybe Kidds/Mort.   I think Kidds should be the pirates(outlaws and Privateers) home base/capital to be honest.  Than make Mort a free zone (privateer capital).  kinda like how Pitt's was a neutral port no one can capture but every one can use it (except pirates).  Though this time make it so every one can use it. This will give the game one central big trade hub.  Any one can use the ports of the region so no one nation is ever pushed to only one region. They have there capital and Mort's region to use.  While no crafting perks, it does give them other things like the common materials to build.

While you are a privateer for that nation you can earn reputation to allow you to actually become a member of that nation over time.  So many kills of that nations enemy's.  This will allow an in game means to return to being a National or change nations.   Since the privateer can work for one nation that allows them to fill small nation port battles and help them out.  Remember they can only join the nation they have contract with port battles, not any of that nations alliances so they are only to fill those slots (again to help small nations).   

Outlaws (true pirates) are privateers and national that renounce any nations.  If you are a national and want to become a privateer to work for another nation you must first renounce your nation and become an Outlaw/Pirate.  Than say the set voting time you can than become a privateer for said nations (this is the way you can switch nations as after a set time/rep earned you can join that nation).  If you want no ties to any nation you just stay an outlaw.  While out law any one can attack you and you can attack any one including other outlaws.  If you let your contract with a nation go and stop being a privateer for that nation you revert back to being an Outlaw/Pirate.  

Outlaws/Pirates only get a raid system and can not capture regions, only ports for a short set time.  Raids should be like the old flag system with a slight rule adjustment and the ports are only lost for 3-5 days before they revert back to the owner.  While the port is raided Outlaws/Pirates can use that regions crafting perk for any ships they craft there.  While a region is in raid status all hostility created is increased.  So to make it more easly to flip or even grind down that region that some one is attacking. This is pretty much saying that zone is a hot spot for PvP to encourage it in the national side.  If a region is successful defended from a than no other ports in that region can be raided until the set cool down. Prob a good 7 days would work best.  This way multi ports can't be raided on one region.  While a port is raided all production is stopped until the port returns back to the owner of the region.

I think the smuggler flag should be keeped around as it will still allow any one to enter other ports in a trader, but I think some one with a smuggler if tagged should be treated like a outlaw/pirate while they have the flag on.  Thus being able to be attacked by any one.  If they attack some one while the flag is on them they are turned into an Outlaw/Pirate and must go through the steps to return to being a national through being a privateer.  To keep from accidents and such maybe make this a reputation system where you have to attack more than one ship while smuggler flag is one before you are turned into one.  Cause there was some shaddy folks out there that prob attacked a ship here and there but wasn't every true pirates.  Maybe make it so that only attacking a player makes you auto Outlaw/Pirate but NPC's you can get away with it for a few ships, but after a while your status gets known and you become an enemy of your nation.

Yah something like this would be way better than just another semi-national Pirate Republic thing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Maxer der Grosse said:

Hi Developers,

I was wondering when we would get other regions in the world, besides just the caribbean to sea and battle in? Teleporting between regions could work similar to teleporting to your home capital.

- Channel waters between UK and EU

- Mediterranean 

- South Africa /Cape of Good Hope ?

- India ?

- Australia / NZ ?

Regards,

Lets get one game done and released before we start to think about working on any extensions packs for the game.  Just like I don't know why folks where even talking about a NA 2 when this game isn't even finished and released.  Right now the map is almost to big for any of the server pops we seen other than at the peek most highest.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Lets get one game done and released before we start to think about working on any extensions packs for the game.  Just like I don't know why folks where even talking about a NA 2 when this game isn't even finished and released.  Right now the map is almost to big for any of the server pops we seen other than at the peek most highest.

Agreed. If they do develop new locations they can do expansions much like Arma has done. A new location and other new items and features. 

2 hours ago, Marrius said:

Agreed. If they do develop new locations they can do expansions much like Arma has done. A new location and other new items and features. 

If anything the Pacific coast could be brought back for the PvE guys and leave them over there for what they want to do.  They can't trade back and forth, but they can do safe play on that side, but if they want to come over to the PvP side they can make out post from the capital and share.  Gives them some where to safely grind up, but the econ between the sides can't be shared.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If anything the Pacific coast could be brought back for the PvE guys and leave them over there for what they want to do.  They can't trade back and forth, but they can do safe play on that side, but if they want to come over to the PvP side they can make out post from the capital and share.  Gives them some where to safely grind up, but the econ between the sides can't be shared.

I like this idea. The Devs if interested in this concept could impliment a system traveling between pve and pvp similar to what Empire Total War had with traveling between Europe, Americas, and India. Areas at edges of the PvE and PvP zone where they can fast travel from one ocean to the next. Also cant tow or do deliveries between pvp and pve areas. 

• Like 2

Admiralty

• Certain activities will provide marks of victory, honor, conquest that you will be able to convert to exclusive content or buy other activities. Hostility system will get dropped and port battles will be arranged by purchasing them in the admiralty (simliar to the old assault flag system but without exploitation). Lord protectors might return to provide some clarity for port battle timers. 

In my humble opinion THIS has a priority. Screening fleets are killing offensive possibilities of smaller nations, but not only smaller nations. Even bigger ones get screened out aswell sometimes.

Port timers SHOULD be back, with Lord Protectors.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Yo!

It bothers me a little, that game optimization is not even in the plans. I dont think this game runs as good as it could. I love we are facing this content struggle time to time, but thats not the only thing the game is lacking right now.

I play a lot of other early access, or heavily modded and much more demanding games than this. Some of them can run my 6700k close to a 100% but they still run a lot better.

This is just my oppinion.

Thank you for the awesome work you do both in game, and here on the forums as well.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 2:34 AM, Lilith Valdis said:

Yo!

It bothers me a little, that game optimization is not even in the plans. I dont think this game runs as good as it could. I love we are facing this content struggle time to time, but thats not the only thing the game is lacking right now.

I play a lot of other early access, or heavily modded and much more demanding games than this. Some of them can run my 6700k close to a 100% but they still run a lot better.

This is just my oppinion.

Thank you for the awesome work you do both in game, and here on the forums as well.

This is just the first half of the year plan, they will Optimize when they get closer to release.  No use doing it now when your constantly changing things.

• Like 2

On Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 4:22 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

What is NA 2? 

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Naval Action 2 that will come after this game some time in the future.   Which I don't even understand why they are even talking about it since this one isn't even out yet.

thx, maybe NA2 's map is part of Euro i think