Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

On 1/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, Blaatand said:

Neither do they here!!!  For gods sake how many people need to explain this to you?

Does anyone have a scissor and some cardboard to make him a model explaining this?

You are being labeled troll now so only risk nobody listening when you actually have an input to this game

then mind explaining me why after so many requests (said by themselves in this thread) they havent yet fixed the connie? instead, they ask us to fund their project(s?). ;) they do ask for money, without the money, they dont tweak, adjust, remodel, ect ect. as clearly shown untill now. i know they do not ask EVERYONE to pay an x-amount of money, however, they are asking us to fund their project, whether it's only 1 dude paying or everyone paying a little bit

also, you may have to look up wat a troll actually is, im not trolling, nor am i trying to be a troll. eitherway, label me all you want. :) you have got no clue wat you're talking bout yourself

Edited by D.Devil
  • Like 1

I think I get the idea behind a prospective US ship Kickstarter. Redoing Constitution is probably not on the list of stuff for them to do, so in order for those interested in seeing it have a newer, more accurate & up to date model there is an option to supply the funding the developers require to do it (along with introducing a number of other US ships). If this sees us increase the variety of ships available to us all, I'm personally more than willing to chip in, as I've already had many hours worth of entertainment for the money I originally spent. Additionally, more ships can't be a bad thing. Whilst I'd love to see ships from the Danes, Swedes, Spanish and Dutch show up over American vessels, as well as seeing ships from pre-1750 making more of an appearance (some of the smaller 1700-1740 ships are gloriously beautiful), I hope it would lead to us seeing more ships from a variety of nations rather than constantly having American, British and French ships dominate the list of vessels.

27 minutes ago, Thomas Messervy said:

can someone explain me what is dailies and what turning missions into dailies mean? Ive been doing lots of combat missions.... so i wonder what will happen with them.

From what I gather, your nation's admiralty will appoint daily missions that will award you Valor/Honor/Conquest points for you as a player and for your nation. There will no longer be a Missions tab to select missions from for PvE XP grind. However, I could be completely wrong in my perception of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pugwis said:

Because you don't see NA like an MMO, would you think it normal to pay for extra update in another MMO ? no, so why is this normal for NA to charge extra fee to deliver updates (especially that the game is not even finished) ?
Plus it is not a F2P or subscription one, but pay once to play forever game, so this is an extra charge that NA devs promised to never make (only cosmetics, ah really ?)
MMO need to be updated to keep being attractives after years and that there are no "over delivery" for this kind, otherwise the game will simply die due to lack of interest if there are nothing new.
And seriously, who want to spend more money for NA at the actual state ?

Most of the points enumerated here seem to be odd and not really appealing, it is like if they have droped all hope and lowered the bar, NA is going down update after update.

-Pirates VS Pirates (no exploits, let me laugh)
-Remove mission to replace with daillies, we have never been so far from the good all quest like in potbs (that will never happen, at least we are fixed now)
-Retire option (cf. no content for hight lvl is going to be implemented)
-And last but not least, they don't even finish the game and they already start to sell extra ships for extra money, they promised not to do that in the begining, also this game isn't a free2play or subscription, that doesn't make any senses to pay for more if i already payed for full the games...

Especially the fact that they not only talk about new ships, but also fixing the consti, soon they will tell us:
"we won't fix bugs in the games if you don't pay more, but not only, the kickstarter will aslo introduce new bugs that you will be able to pay for fixing later on, DUDES !"

They have wasted lots of times in 2016 to change again and again the already implemented things instead of adding real content, so players loose interest into the game and now that they see the amount of player decreasing as well as the review, they once again plan to modify some aspect of the game that doesn't need to modified in priority, and they will lost peoples again i put money on that.

111102-187.jpg

well if we compare MMO, let us compare it to the biggest. Lets compare it to World of Warcraft, legion wasnt released all too long ago, remind me? what did that cost? i know for sure that wasnt free. Or what about guild wars 2? that is a pay once play for ever style game, you pay for expansions there as well. Ship packs are essentially expansions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neverdead Ned said:

Perhaps, but expecting payment for expansions before the game is even released?

Connie was the first model they've made. Since then as they where making more ships the quality of 3D models improved. More details added etc. This is not required by the gameplay whatsoever. If they focus on rebuilding the ship it slows down the important stuff. So devs giving us an option - kickstarted. If there are enough people who crazily want connie to look better, they will fund the beautification, so devs could hire outside designers to do this for them. Else its not important for general direction at this stage and will remain unchanged.

They should have been more clear and diplomatic about this, however this is a totally justifiable move.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael Frost said:

On the other updates, I see that you want to kill pve. If this is the goal, I suggest that you inform the community, especially those who navigate in Pve, so they can prepare for pvp (or, in my case, Give up the NA once)

I can tell you, as a person that has done purely PVE for hte last ~6 months, Missions killed it, I have said it for a while now, Missions need to go. Missions make it feel more like a task to do rather than a hunt and depreciates the Open World aspect of PVE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverdead Ned said:

Perhaps, but expecting payment for expansions before the game is even released?

Good grief this is ridiculous. They aren't forcing anyone to pay extra to keep playing. I may be entirely wrong but this doesn't even sound like an expansion pack situation, where only those who pay get the extra ships. It reads like if others do fund the kickstarter and you do nothing, you'll end up with the chance to acquire the added ships too. I don't see how it could be any other way without specifically preventing the kickstarter ships from being capped during combat. How confusing would that be?

I'm totally satisfied with the 38+ ships we have and how they look, but others aren't as well adjusted as me ;). So those people are being given a chance to personally contribute to the development and 3D modelling needed to add yet more US ships and enhance the Constitution's appearance. Doing this only enhances Naval Action and will help to make it more popular when it goes to full release. Especially if other nationality ship packs are created through kickstarter too.

If you don't want to contribute to the kickstarter, don't. I don't care if you do or don't, and I doubt anyone else does either.

If you still have an issue with the entire concept then kindly go troll elsewhere. :angry:

19 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

Good grief this is ridiculous. They aren't forcing anyone to pay extra to keep playing. I may be entirely wrong but this doesn't even sound like an expansion pack situation, where only those who pay get the extra ships. It reads like if others do fund the kickstarter and you do nothing, you'll end up with the chance to acquire the added ships too. I don't see how it could be any other way without specifically preventing the kickstarter ships from being capped during combat. How confusing would that be?

I'm totally satisfied with the 38+ ships we have and how they look, but others aren't as well adjusted as me ;). So those people are being given a chance to personally contribute to the development and 3D modelling needed to add yet more US ships and enhance the Constitution's appearance. Doing this only enhances Naval Action and will help to make it more popular when it goes to full release. Especially if other nationality ship packs are created through kickstarter too.

If you don't want to contribute to the kickstarter, don't. I don't care if you do or don't, and I doubt anyone else does either.

If you still have an issue with the entire concept then kindly go troll elsewhere. :angry:

I work with 3ds max. If I pass as specifications I will be happy to model new ships

52 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

I can tell you, as a person that has done purely PVE for hte last ~6 months, Missions killed it, I have said it for a while now, Missions need to go. Missions make it feel more like a task to do rather than a hunt and depreciates the Open World aspect of PVE.

I agree with you. But there must be balance. There must be things in the PVE that is not just trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus McGregor said:

I have just as much right to my opinions and concerns here that you do regardless of whether we agree or not.  If you can't handle it, it's your problem.

What you see as free now looks like it has strings attached for the future to me and personally I'd rather see dev time spent on other projects  like perhaps new ships from nations like Sweden and the Dutch.

Edited by Neverdead Ned

2 hours ago, OlavDeng2 said:

I can tell you as a person that has done purely PvE ever since EA release: not the missions killed PvE, their setup, their lack of variety and the cheating AI inside did.

This game needs more content, more playability, a cleanup of leftovers from previous patches  and a seperation of balancing between PvE and PvP, like eg in one of  the MMO's  you quoted:  Guild Wars. It also needs other forms of PvP than the gankfest it has now.

For these I would gladly pay the price of the original NA again. 

• Like 7

Question about the kickstarter:

a) Will only the American faction be able to use the American ships? I would love a yes even though I play English

b ) Will the old constitution model still be available to the rest of us?

c) Will this mean the premium ship packs ships will have unlimited lives?

• Like 1

On 19/1/2017 at 9:54 AM, SteelSandwich said:

I think there is a different mindset behind this. Knowing that the developers can't and won't add ship indenfinetly, i asume this will be a try-out.

If the community wants ship A, ship B and ship C, are they willing to collect a fee of € XX to have them build? In this case several US ships + a constitution revamp

I personally don't see it as a additional charge, since they already over delivered on their initial ship promise. This would open up the ability to get for example proper ship variation going with danish, swedish, dutch and spanish lines.

@admin, Are you willing to publish which rates of ships are under development, or a ship release roadmap?

Agreed.. would be better to pick nations that were leading shipbuilders during the period of time that is in question.. The US ships are allready over-represented (tho I love the look of the rattlesnake)..

12 hours ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Missions are indeed boring, a grinding tool that killed the spirit of the game : hunting in the OW. But missions had one major benefit : to quickly and easily give a (casual) player in a hurry a prey (as a PvE arena mode would) while the OW has always been quite empty and boring as it took a while before finding a prey in it and AFK sailing to and from port and AI was unaggressive. Some bots will attack players (as stated in OP). Great. That's one big step in the good direction to make the PvE OW more interesting/funnier.

What about keeping the PvE missions as a training tool for newcomers and a quick game mode for casual gamers ? No XP/Gold reward and no ship loss. Reduced distance to the target. Just plain PvE fights ?

9 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

I can tell you as a person that has done purely PvE ever since EA release: not the missions killed PvE, their setup, their lack of variety and the cheating AI inside did.

By "cheating AI", I really hope that you mean an unskilled AI that'd let you win too easily...

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 1:26 AM, admin said:
  • NPC changes
    • Bots will change and will start changing from January. Privateers will be added to the OW attacking players and traders in enemy waters. Elite NPC captains will also sail around and join battles from time to time (like before release)

Why bring back something so many players disliked?  Is it going to be different somehow?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, admin said:

• Admiralty
    •  Lord protectors might return to provide some clarity for port battle timers.  

I am excited about everything in the patch, although I would like to see a hotfix for timers.

Udklip.PNG

Edited by Hethwill
National News content removed
  • Like 1

The hole idea behind any pc game shouldn't be like this. "Exhaust us". It's a pc game. It's supposed to be fun. Not kill players private life. Wonder how many players has given up in order to save their jobs, marriage etc. as this game is too heavy and time consuming. Please work on easyer access to action and PBs etc.

• Like 2

On 19.1.2017 at 9:26 AM, admin said:

• Certain activities will provide marks of victory, honor, conquest that you will be able to convert to exclusive content or buy other activities. Hostility system will get dropped and port battles will be arranged by purchasing them in the admiralty (simliar to the old assault flag system but without exploitation). Lord protectors might return to provide some clarity for port battle timers. 

<--- cant believe that :(

Hostility system looked very promising because its an OPEN WORLD feature in a SANDBOX Game to arrange or prevent the most important RvR mechanics:

Port Battles !!

Does it has its flaws: oh yes !!!

But instead going again from 0 to 100 and then revert it back to 0 (anyone remembers "fine woods" ???), what about TWEAKING the system ???

Why always those revolutions instead of smooth evolutions ???

The only issue with Hostility was (...once War Supply Bombs were fixed) the near instant closure of the battles !!

When the intention with Hostility system was to create Open World PvP, YOUR system dear Devs PREVENTED them by design !!

...so just increase the joining timer for Hostility creating PvE missions (why not creating SEPERATE missions for Hostility generation) or let them even be open until the battle ends, so defenders AND attackers could join, giving us all a huge PVP battle (...instead of all those PvE)

Everything else looks fine to me at first glimpse :D

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 11