Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

3 hours ago, admin said:

• NPC changes
    • Bots will change and will start changing from January. Privateers will be added to the OW attacking players and traders in enemy waters. Elite NPC captains will also sail around and join battles from time to time (like before release)

+1

• Like 2

How about user funded content? I would support Junk Loot with $$$ because I know it will help the game. Same with Outlaw class. I think Outlaw class will be very popular and I have many ideas to support it and make it epic. 

I care less about ships because people sail only fast/maneuverable ships leaving everything else unused. For this to work you need to make ships that have same turn rates, close speeds and armor, but they would look different. For example Frigates. This way there is a variety with similar stats, not 1 ship with 3.7 turn and all other ones with 2.8. This is obvious that all will sails 3.7. You get me? In this game turn rate wins in PvP.

P.S. Why in the world someone wants to pay for ship details? We have game that needs content. Something tells me people will pay for models that will eventually also end up in Naval Action 2 (Single Player Game) if you believe the rumors.

Think About it. 

Release Summer-Fall 2017?

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 2

well ....how much do you need for a Dutch ship

because i ain't gone pay for any other foreign floating piece of pine tree

i am sick already with sea sickness and grounded for that

ps 

i have no trouble at all buying a premium blueprint to raise (option) fund for the ship of choice ;) 

> and also premium paint schemes would be great (in this game atm i dont even have one :((

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

Thank you thank you thank you for bringing back pirate vs pirate  

I really hope smuggler flag isn't removed. Its used to get mats where they are more available, to sell goods when a trader is captured, and for trade missions to get into enemy capitals. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I really hope smuggler flag isn't removed. Its used to get mats where they are more available, to sell goods when a trader is captured, and for trade missions to get into enemy capitals. 

It says will be removed. We will see what happens. 

Edited by Ned Loe

4 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I think what they mean you won't need the flag to go into those ports.  As it use to be the way to do green on green.   I'm not really feeling the pirate nation thing.  I would love it to be Privateers that work for other nations  and than you he the Outlaws that pretty much any one can attack and kill.  While a privateer you work for that one natoiin and can use there ports.   Though really none of this matters until we get to that point, which I'm hoping is soon and not like 6-9 months down the road.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

6-9 months down the road.

Once we get more clarity on the estimated time to code everything in we might provide the list split into monthly patch plans

This post has a lot of information. Your estimate might be right. 

Edited by Ned Loe

1 minute ago, maturin said:

Before any more angst over Kickstarter content, the Constitution model can't just be 'fixed.'

It needs serious rebuilding in both hullshape, rig and sails.

^

I.e. She would be rebuild from the ground up, model, movement, physics, textures. If it would've been a 5 minute fix it would've been long done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

^

I.e. She would be rebuild from the ground up, model, movement, physics, textures. If it would've been a 5 minute fix it would've been long done.

Will it replace the current in-game model entirely?

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • NPC changes

• Bots will change and will start changing from January. Privateers will be added to the OW attacking players and traders in enemy waters. Elite NPC captains will also sail around and join battles from time to time (like before release)

This sounds terrible to me, why would you do that? What if i want to join a friend in a signaling battle and getting locked out because a npc joined instead. The player in the battle will be pissed, i will be pissed. The enemy is happy because it got easier for him, only the npc does not care.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Pada said:

This sounds terrible to me, why would you do that? What if i want to join a friend in a signaling battle and getting locked out because a npc joined instead. The player in the battle will be pissed, i will be pissed. The enemy is happy because it got easier for him, only the npc does not care.

It will be all about skill now, how you approach the battle will matter. Spotting ships 'SAIL HO!' sound needs to be added to make life easier. If I hear the sound I will look for that NPC and try to avoid it or sail around it. Not too bad imo. In real life you could get intercepted on the way to battle anyway.

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

I can't speak for what they will do, but it's very likely they will completely redo it.

Then what will happen to the existing Constis? Will these new ships be only available for those who fund the campaign? It would be good to hear an official statement for clarification of this part.

Good to see things like hostility and officers get dropped as at the moment they just complicate mechanics which should be simple.

I think it might be a mistake to split the pirate faction. Personally I'd love pirates to be turned into a 24/7 pvp faction with minimal conquest options. With raiding and boarding buffs pirates could be made into a self sufficient faction where they would be able to build their own raiding ships as well as capturing larger ships when needed. There are quite a few ppl (me included) who don't get that much enjoyment from another port battle to capture another dot on a map and just want more small scale skill based battles.

.. and for the love of his oinkyness please don't force PvE on ppl - as we saw with hostility. Rather than having pve ships attacking (which just seemed to piss ppl off previously) perhaps have named privateers as rare spawns spread around the map?

• Like 6

Content plans for 1H of 2017

• NPC changes

I get that you want to make the OW more alive, but forcing us to do PvE sounds just awful.

4 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

It will be all about skill now, how you approach the battle will matter. Spotting ships 'SAIL HO!' sound needs to be added to make life easier. If I hear the sound I will look for that NPC and try to avoid it or sail around it. Not too bad imo.

Dont put skill and NPC into one sentence lol. They are boring, predictable and you need no skill at all to fight them (except if they board u). And having to look out for a stupid NPC who could join your battle is not fun.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

no more smuggling, no more missions ? (assuming that the amount of dailies is limited like in other games)

Sounds like a hard hit against PvE

Mission-based PvE is something I would only wish on Chinese gold farmers.

Go hunt the OW for your PvE.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, maturin said:

Mission-based PvE is something I would only wish on Chinese gold farmers.

Go hunt the OW for your PvE.

What is wrong with missions? I take a mission, I sail to the location and I know it will be there, and I know roughly what to expect. Reliable, relatively fast way to get to the pew-pew, that's why we casuals mostly prefer it.

To hunt in the OW, you have to sail to enemy waters to find enemy AI, and in case you find a fitting enemy, engage it and hope no player comes across to help the enemy. Takes a lot of time, unreliable, and limited in enemy variety (I mostly see AI fleets consisting of 2-3 frigates, or 20 SoL-s. Not much inbetween).

Let us play our little game. What's driving you against it?

Edited by kumisz
  • Like 6