Game-Labs Forum

Crew Not Going Into Survival in Fire Shock

Jacob Elston

I just lost my brand new Santisima in the Castries Port Battle 16.01.17 due to being set on fire within the first broadside in the opening moments of battle.

I was set on fire and noticed that I was in Fire Shock (not crew shock), but my crew did not go into Survival mode despite having everything else turned off. All I could do was watch the flames get bigger until I exploded and only then did my crew move over into Survival to bail out the water as my armour was now down to 0.

Bug report was also submitted.

Just thought I would check, are there circumstances of 'Fire Shock' that prevent the crew from moving into Survival and putting the flames out?

Many thanks,

Jacob

• Like 2

Doesn't even take fire shock itself. This has been a bug for at least 5 months now. When a fire breaks out or when the ship takes on water due to leaks sometimes the activated survival will not do anything and calmly watch your shipsuccumb to the events. Sometimes switching on and off survival has helped but more then one ship has been lost by this.

The problem becomes evident towards the last 5-10mins when we nearly lost our santissima to it.

Some bugs about fire and survival mode was fixed about half a year ago, but based on reports we have now we were not able to reproduce a possible bug yet, additional logging will be implemented which will help us to find out the problem.

On 16/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, Jacob Elston said:

I just lost my brand new Santisima in the Castries Port Battle 16.01.17 due to being set on fire within the first broadside in the opening moments of battle.

I was set on fire and noticed that I was in Fire Shock (not crew shock), but my crew did not go into Survival mode despite having everything else turned off. All I could do was watch the flames get bigger until I exploded and only then did my crew move over into Survival to bail out the water as my armour was now down to 0.

Bug report was also submitted.

Just thought I would check, are there circumstances of 'Fire Shock' that prevent the crew from moving into Survival and putting the flames out?

Many thanks,

Jacob

Today it happened to me the same thing,  a shot set fire to my L'Ocean while towards a mission pve and the crew in spite of not having casualties and not being in shock it has not been survival until it was already in fire shock and sunk.

Edited by Jorge

Had this earlier this month with a Victory. It burned and sank in a PVe mission without any chance of going into survival. F11'd it, nothing heard about it.

1 or 2 days ago my leaks wouldn't repair on my agamemnon. 0/83 on survival. My pump perks kept me from sinking. Turning on and off survival a couple of times saved my ship as the crew eventually went into survival.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 1

I found a temporary workaround. It seems that if you switch Survival off for a full minute the crew will then go into survival even though it is switched off. Once that is filled up (needs to be full it seems) you can switch Survival back on and the survival will continue to work. At that point it will run as it should. Once you switch survival off crew will leave and return when it is switched on again.

Way too complicated I know so devs please get on it. For the time being however that should save everybodies ships.

• Like 2

Captains, the issue is already noted, check my last post:

On 19.01.2017 at 2:38 PM, Ink said:

Some bugs about fire and survival mode was fixed about half a year ago, but based on reports we have now we were not able to reproduce a possible bug yet, additional logging will be implemented which will help us to find out the problem.

I just lost an L'Ocean to this bug.  I was repairing my ship, the repair ended, my ship was on fire, my crew spent the next 10 min going from repair into gunnery and sailing which both were turned off and survival was the only thing turned on!!!!!!  

This bug is extremely game breaking and survival should trump all other crew transfers if you have survival on.  

Makes me not even way to play this game anymore until this is fixed.