Game-Labs Forum

My personal suggestions

I'll just throw these ideas in here for the DEVs and other players to shine their light on:

• 0% to -10% speed for 'empty' to 'full' hold space (the more space used, the slower your ship is).
  • Open ALL chats of Allied nations by default. (The Dutch just get the British to open automatically) BUG?
  • Put '1' where you have '1' of something instead of 'nothing'.
  • An attack on a port of any nation will always result in a war.
  • Make alliances depend on a points-system with some actions decreasing hostility and other actions increasing hostility. Get rid of the voting system - let players work for an alliance.
  • Space-bar for one-shot-salute in Open World (10 minute timer)
  • Sharing visual location of Missions & Shipwrecks with the group you are in.
  • Every time you trade in a port you have the chance of being offered a profitable trading mnission.
  • Finding 'sealed bottles' can lead to more things than just the map to a shipwreck.
  • Introduce quests that have multiple phases like having to find certain materials and bring them together in a certain way. Ask players for ideas.
  • Every ship has its own officer (that you can name yourself) - no perk-reset possible. More battles per ship means more XP and perks for an officer. Lose ship = lose officer.
  • Every building has its own 'overseer' which can also get perks when buildings are producing longer.
  • Re-introduce wharfs for shipbuilding with a shipwright that earns experience with each ship built and gets perks.
  • Nice stats at the end of each battle and information on performance of both sides.
  • French Wine? Iberian Meat? Iberian Dried Pork? Trader Tool is broken as some items are just missing.
  • Let the amount of goods available in a town influence its 'consumes' level so the price will gradually return to 'neutral'. Always let the price of goods fluctuate based on a percentage deviation from nominal economic value and define an Open-World-Wide price-range for each type of goods. (Current system is static, needs to be dynamic)

Commments please! B)

• Like 7

Mostly are all very sensible things. Good work.

I got excited like a kid imagining that I can salute someone in the OW with a canon fire :D 

Alliance mechanics should be redone altogether with a new political system. What you have offered will not sort current problems

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 9:05 PM, koltes said:

Mostly are all very sensible things. Good work.

I got excited like a kid imagining that I can salute someone in the OW with a canon fire :D 

Alliance mechanics should be redone altogether with a new political system. What you have offered will not sort current problems

But I do agree that the current system of "voting" and "alliances" doesn't work. My proposed system would make "peace", "alliances" and even "war" depend on the actual behaviour of the players of each nation and not on some abstract voting system.

One of the most hated parts of the current system is that one country can just "fall out of alliance" and then attack and capture a region for free - without it having any effect on the status quo. 

I would not oppose the trading of regions between nations in some sort of exchange, but in its current form it is just cheating.

What kind of "replacement" do you have in mind?

1 minute ago, Guenwhyvar said:

But I do agree that the current system of "voting" and "alliances" doesn't work. My proposed system would make "peace", "alliances" and even "war" depend on the actual behaviour of the players of each nation and not on some abstract voting system.

One of the most hated parts of the current system is that one country can just "fall out of alliance" and then attack and capture a region for free - without it having any effect on the status quo. 

I would not oppose the trading of regions between nations in some sort of exchange, but in its current form it is just cheating.

What kind of "replacement" do you have in mind?

a). Nation Politics taken out from players hands completely and instead driven by the storyline. This will be more realistic if we have wars controlled by monarchs in Europe (the developers) than decided by players. People of the West Indies did not decide where they were at war with other nations. Their monarchs did. This will also allow devs to save the game populations by regulating the balance.
b). Clan Politics introduced among side with territories that can be claimed by a clan and diplomatic table that is adjustable by the esignated players. State of relationship between clans is show on the flag carried by the ship in the OW so players will be aware if their clans are at war or in alliance.
c). Professions introduced. In this example specifically the Trade Profession that allows access to Global Trading so goods can be sold, purchased remotely. Delivery must remain physical, but Merchant Profession allows to create delivery contracts for other players to accept ensuring that goods are traveling in the OW.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, Guenwhyvar said:

I'll just throw these ideas in here for the DEVs and other players to shine their light on:

• 0% to -10% speed for 'empty' to 'full' hold space (the more space used, the slower your ship is). Ships where designed to run at max speed with Cargo/load in them.  Empty ships where very unsafe so they would load them with Ballast to make up the difference of being empty on cargo.  So the speed should stay the same.
  • Open ALL chats of Allied nations by default. (The Dutch just get the British to open automatically) BUG?I play pirate so never noticed this, could it be a size of how you set you chat window or many even the fact i noticed it resets me to default clan only some times after updates.
  • Put '1' where you have '1' of something instead of 'nothing'.Explain?
  • An attack on a port of any nation will always result in a war. I think while you can attack each other in open water you should not be able to attack a region unless your at war.  If you do attack it will put you automatically into war by default, but this could be abused.
  • Make alliances depend on a points-system with some actions decreasing hostility and other actions increasing hostility. Get rid of the voting system - let players work for an alliance.  I think the voting system isn't bad, just needs some work and better options to counter votes from other players.  Like actually PvPers should get a bonus to votes to keep PvErs from setting care bare alliances.  
  • Space-bar for one-shot-salute in Open World (10 minute timer) Something that can be added later.  I mean we still don't officially know what pray does.
  • Sharing visual location of Missions & Shipwrecks with the group you are in.  YES and the group should be able to see tag circles.
  • Every time you trade in a port you have the chance of being offered a profitable trading mnission.  Reputation system would be great for traders, naval officers and privateers a like.
  • Finding 'sealed bottles' can lead to more things than just the map to a shipwreck. More little side missions would be cool, but that can come later after mechanics are working better.
  • Introduce quests that have multiple phases like having to find certain materials and bring them together in a certain way. Ask players for ideas. As above would be nice but lets get the mechanics working first.  Though a list would be good for devs to look at of what we might like to see.
  • Every ship has its own officer (that you can name yourself) - no perk-reset possible. More battles per ship means more XP and perks for an officer. Lose ship = lose officer. I been saying this for months now.  Make each ship and officer tied to each other....that way you get a new ship you start with no skills perks and have to use it.  older and more combat a ship has the more experience the officer and crew are.  YES YES YES YES
  • Every building has its own 'overseer' which can also get perks when buildings are producing longer. They need to do something with the crafting perks since sooner or later we can't switch around perks for free.  They might need to be tied to levels.  you hit certain crafting levels you get this perk or that.  The more levels  you have the more experience in crafting and the better you do in building cost effective ships.  
  • Re-introduce wharfs for shipbuilding with a shipwright that earns experience with each ship built and gets perks. Don't we all ready have this with gaining xp from ships other use?
  • Nice stats at the end of each battle and information on performance of both sides.Maybe when new UI is introduced later on.
  • French Wine? Iberian Meat? Iberian Dried Pork? Trader Tool is broken as some items are just missing.
  • Let the amount of goods available in a town influence its 'consumes' level so the price will gradually return to 'neutral'. Always let the price of goods fluctuate based on a percentage deviation from nominal economic value and define an Open-World-Wide price-range for each type of goods. (Current system is static, needs to be dynamic) Folks need to use contracts and buy orders more.  Though I should be able to pick who's I want to fill. I would not sale goods to some one my nation is at war with but some one else might.

Commments please! B)

Some good things and I put in my 2cents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Put '1' where you have '1' of something instead of 'nothing'.Explain?

For example, if you have 25 Fish Meat, you see the number 25, but if you have only 1 Fish Meat it doesn't show anything. That is not very logical and it is a bit confusing.

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Re-introduce wharfs for shipbuilding with a shipwright that earns experience with each ship built and gets perks. Don't we all ready have this with gaining xp from ships other use?

Not really. What I propose is a logical and similar system for ships, buildings and wharfs with each having their own officer, overseer and shipwright who gains experience and levels increasing the level of that particular asset.