van der Decken

More Earned XP per Higher Quality

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We seriously should receive more XP for higher quality Modules and Ships simply because of the cost of materials to craft them. I suggest a multiplier:

x1 for Basic
x1.1 for Common
x1.2 for Fine
x1.4 for Mastercraft
x1.6 for Exceptional

With the above, crafting a cutter (536) would be (dropping the 10ths):

x1 = 536
x1.1 = 589
x1.2 = 643
x1.4 = 750
x1.6 = 857

And the gained XP for crafting Modules(Upgrades) seriously needs a huge buff. Gaining only 6 XP for Pellew's Sights when it requires some very expensive materials is rather a kick in the jewels, maybe even an uppercut to the taint.

Edited by van der Decken
3 people like this

Everyone will just buy Exceptional and grind leaving all other qualities useless. I like the idea of using the 'Commission sealed scroll' or something that you can open and use for 1 hour for all qualities of ships. 

In regards to crafting ships, is there a point? it is getting replaced anyways with no quality so id argue dont bother on that end. with modules though, agree i think.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, OlavDeng2 said:

In regards to crafting ships, is there a point? it is getting replaced anyways with no quality so id argue dont bother on that end. with modules though, agree i think.

At least wait for the new content to come out and test it.   The sooner it comes out maybe the sooner we might get some dang pirate love.

3 hours ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Is this what you are referring to? I had forgotten about this post, and actually thought it was cancelled. I've built many, many basic ships just to build XP, and have crafted many fine (blue) upgrades, because it is all I can.

Posted (edited)

Didn't really mind it the way it is, it was interesting for people to have to choose whether to do what's most beneficial/costly to others (e.g. making crafting notes for no experience whatsoever) or whether to try to get your own crafting level up as fast as possible (usually by mass-producing trader cutters and whatnot). But that was back when 1st rates were still rare and more on a clan level.

Edited by Aegir
1 person likes this

Yea...I liked the clan/team effort it took. Now it matters not, as almost every player polled said they want 1st rate to be a dime-a-dozen, and now with the news of quality levels being removed, I'm not sure how lower crafters will be able to craft higher level ships than their level allows. At least with the different qualities, our rank allowed us to build throwaway ships for PBs and the events.

IF the devs do what they said, 1st rates will take a lot of time. Not enough, probably, but months. Designing won't be Pick a color/Pick a trim/Pick a wood press a button -- instant ship.  The cookie-cutter warships will be replaced by ships built to spec. You want a fast warship, are you giving up hold, hits and/or guns to get that speed. What will you give up to turn faster. How many guns on the trade ship -- will you give up hold space, speed, maneuverability? A quality ship design will be worth a lot.

People who design good ships will gain a rep; your clans will still be supporting the effort of their best crafters.

2 people like this