Game-Labs Forum

New User Interface Suggestion (WIP)

Hey guys,

I've put together some ideas and created a rough picture of how I would like to see Naval Action UI. 

1. Animated ship parked outside port. 1 port for each nation. Nation flag across the whole top panel. 

2. Interactive icons around the ship. Paint, Guns, Cargo. Move your mouse over to see details and info. 

-Click on Paint Icon and it will open all unlocked/locked paint themes. Collect them all! Paint your ship and see how it looks right from the paint window. 

-Guns, click on guns icon and go right to the shop that should only display few types of guns that can be fit on your ship. Quick and easy. 

-Cargo, click on cargo icon to access your cargo hold. New Window pop up. 

-------------------

Captain Portrait, Rank, XP, Interactive Ship Stats. (Thickness, HP, BR all needs to be here)! Mod icons for easy mod customization. (New mod window pops up when you click on mod icons). 

Port Name, Game Settings Button should be placed in the corner as well. (Not shown). Time/date should be added as well. 

Chat - Show/Hide (optional)

Port details Icon (not shown)

Port, Warehouse, Missions, Economy - all these provide access to new customized and organized windows with new wallpapers, no animation here necessary. 

Docked ships, nice and clear ship icons of all parked ships. More ship slots, expand/hide button to keep all ships nice and organized. Compare ships tool. This tool compares stats. 

Player Gold amount with icon in the top corner.

Set sail - enter open world. 

I hope this will help Devs Create the new fresh look that will make Naval Action easy to understand. This is a quick sketch and only made to show ideas. Developers can always refine this into a masterpiece. My suggestion is to use carved wood and gold everywhere possible. Beautiful sword handle knots under buttons. 

Please post feedback and suggestions.

Thanks. 

pmqwNQL.jpg

• Like 11

Looks a bit too like an arcade game for my liking, but I like the idea of the ship and the icons on the ship way more than what we have now. 

Thanks a lot for making this!

Looks great.

Id like to see a new tab: Tavern

There you see all captains who are in the port right now and you can chat with them.

Additionally there is a white board where you can add a custom note and others can read it. So for example you can ask for a convoy or request a material transport (with payment) or just look for people to form a group. People can advertise for their clans and so on.

You can also just chill and talk with other nations (imagine how many different people and nations there will be in La Navasse before a PvP event).

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 3

It looks very similar to menus done by Wargaming.net. Although that does not bother me too much. The faction flag and tab/button colors used I do not care for. Dous not feel much apart of Naval Action. Possibly a wood finish or parchment paper scheme would go along with the theme more effectively.

Do agree that the interface needs to be worked on before final release. 

1. Минус. Разные шрифты (надписи сверху и в иконках)

2. На мой взгляд, будет лучше выглядеть в стилистике работ вашего художника (список кораблей в игре с картинками, был где-то на форуме)

3. Может лучше вместо списка кораблей причал, с теми кораблями, которые есть у  игрока в этом городе?

Edited by Pasha Souvenir2