Game-Labs Forum

Do not lose my Bahama mama!

saintjacktar

Dear US Leadership,

It is clear and evident that our show of good faith towards the Danes was an ill-gotten venture, we are now under siege on three fronts (Nth Carolina [Danes], Costa Del Fuego [Spain] and Abaco [Swedes] (Soon to be Andros [Danes] ) ). I fear that in the face of overwhelming odds that we may be forced to abandon one of our holdings, I implore the US leadership not to allow this to be the Bahamas. We may lose Costa Del Fuego or North Carolina and the repercussions of which will be felt through our player base, However consider the Bahamas (rookie zone). Many players, myself included have "production lines" set up in the Abaco region which we use to supply our brethren and which we are allowed to do so relatively unmolested because of our unmatched dominance in the area. The Bahamas Area also allows our shipbuilders to build ships of "Pirate Refit" (Abaco) and "Regional Thickness" (Andros), tools our nation uses to give us a slight edge in combat. My fear is in the coming days that the threat imposed on our Nation (US East Coast) will be perceived to be of higher import then that of the "lesser" Bahama colonies. I implore our leadership, consider all options. If/When the US East Coast falls (as it has done before)  where will our nation withdraw? into freeports to succory around like rats in our own backyard? or to the relative safety of our shore-footed resource filled position in the Bahamas??

Kind Regards,

[Commodore] Saintjacktar

Tattered Flags

Australian Flotilla

United States

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

um.... to use a quote from one of my favorite shows.  "Decisions are made by those who show up".  

Show up for both wilmington and abaco and we won't need to give one up.

Oh dont you worry Christendom ill be there with bells on :)  I just dont want the Bahamas to be surrendered for the sake of US East coast, also you forgot Costa Del Fuego

Edited by saintjacktar

19 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

I have said it before, and I will say it again:  I am incredibly impressed by the Dutch building a fleet the night before, then successfully defending the port.  My esteem for their accomplishment cannot be overstated.

I was not there at the port battle, but it is my understanding that the Dutch and US forces (and anyone else??) did a great job at the PB. As for that fleet that was built the night before, it's a good thing that they knew someone with the Heavy Rattlesnake BP ;-)

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

I was not there at the port battle, but it is my understanding that the Dutch and US forces (and anyone else??) did a great job at the PB. As for that fleet that was built the night before, it's a good thing that they new someone with the Heavy Rattlesnake BP ;-)

Thank you all. Chijohnaok you were the guy that made this fleet a reality. Thank you for all the time and clicks spent to build it. Wonderful to work with you and these captains today.

o7

Surathani

Senior Officer, 7-Up

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surathani said:

Thank you all. Chijohnaok you were the guy that made this fleet a reality. Thank you for all the time and clicks spent to build it. Wonderful to work with you and these captains today.

o7

Surathani

Senior Officer, 7-Up

I was merely a crafter with hammer and nails.

It was you and all the captains in the battle (port battle as well as screeners) that that fought and won the port battle at Little Harbour. 

This weekend we had a ton of content.  Despite some hard feelings from the cause of the content, I for one am glad that all this content was generated.  Even if we end up getting pushed back to one port/region again.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 3

See, it's just like when ~6 port battles were staged all at once some time ago, everyone's raging about it beforehand and then it's all good afterwards.

Eh, this shouldn't be a typical weekend.  I don't want to have to be logged in to Naval Action for the vast majority of the weekend every weekend and have to spend 6 hours on Saturday guarding the entrance to a port.  I don't want to have to be logged in to Naval Action for 20+ some hours every weekend like I had to this past weekend.  By Sunday evening I had had my fill.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 9:20 PM, saintjacktar said:

New Song to describe this weekend just insert "Dane" where it says British and Wilmington XD

love it

We fired our cannon, and the Danes kept a-coming 
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago. 
We fired once more and they began to set em' 
Sail'd down the mighty east to the Gulf of Mexico. 

Edited by Lz3
  • Like 1