Game-Labs Forum

Moving a Division

Gnu

First I would like to say I love this game.  I have already played through the north campaign twice and working on the second southern.  

My major problem with the game comes whenever I try to move more than one unit.  Most of the time, if I select more than one unit and click and drag to move them to a location, the brigades will cross each other and go to any point other than the one closest to them.    The larger the maps, the more I have to move men along large areas, the more this becomes a big problem for me.  It forces me to move each brigade alone.  

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem, but I constantly feel like I am doing something wrong.  Did I miss some control button that keeps them in order?

• Like 2

I don't think there is a button but I wish there was.  Even moving 100m forward they seem to want to cross, I've given up on moving by division for that reason (sometimes at the beginning I guess).  Its too bad too because I really like that feature where you can draw a line and they move to it.

• Like 2

Not that my opinion matters, but I really feel like this should be prioritized in one of the forthcoming patches. It's incredibly frustrating to try and give specific commands to individual units crammed together because they just marched in from off-board. 

Selecting a group of units, and selecting their marching path to follow a road or to swing around a flank, needs to be greatly simplified. 

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky
  • Like 1

Hey I just signed up.  Has anybody played any of the Command Ops series?  That game has a functional chain of command so that you can give an order to the HQ unit, and the subordinate units will move in a coherent manner to the objective and adopt the formation specified by the player.  Maybe if they enabled the division HQ (or show it as attached to one of the brigades to cut down clutter) and you could basically exercise control at the division level for the most part, micromanaging individual brigades only when desired.  A pretty big change obviously though.