Game-Labs Forum

I do not give up hope...

Archer11

...to be able to play again. For months now, due to real life, I can't find the time to enjoy this game.
Not that there were real catastrophies, but there's always something not very enjoyable or bad luck, that keeps me away from the keyboard. Health-issues in the family or my dogs, troubles with my ex about the boys, dying computer-parts, stress in the office, you name it...
Whatever can go wrong and doesn't is just waiting for a way worse moment to go wrong...

Logged over 700 hours from EA-release to July or August and none since then. Only logged in once on PvE for a couple of mins to show my boys, how NA would look like on the notebook they intended to buy (everything on VERY low..). But I saw the fortifications for the first time, heard the seagulls again, the wind...

I don't know, if I'm still in my old clan, or if Pagan Pete, Jeheil, Hethwill, Otto and all the other usual suspects are still around...
As I have no time at all even for the forum, I don't know, wether there are still some threats involving excommunication and Mojito-sisters, or Jeheil's letters to his king. Damn, I miss it.

So, I do hope, that 2017 will allow me to sail the virtual seas again.

I wish to all of you a good and enjoyable New Year 2017!

• Like 6

Oh the proceedings from the raids were good enough to provide a holy season leave onshore.

From the last tally of the Hyena rollcall there are a few missing and at least two are reported to have been hanged in Charleston.

She's undergoing careening and caulking to make her fit and stiff for the new season.

As capn' Otto says, we are out there. Maybe searching for more or less adaptation but hell, nothing compares to NA

• 3 months later...

Found an hour yesterday to log in for the first time in 6 months...and what do my eyes see? All the "new" stuff, like woodtypes etc, the empty slots of my buildings. Guess I missed quite some changes  ;)

Sort of comeback just in time for the long expected big wipe.

So my hard earned Victory will never see combat, my trusted Constitution, who survived the server-merge (PvP3 -> PvP1) will be gone too with all the others.

Sure, one might say: "Oi mate, just pixels and some math behind it"

But I had some of these ships pretty long and there are quite some memories. Ah, who cares, the ships go and the stories will remain.

Nevermind. Hope to find at least two evenings a week from now on and will start from scratch again just as the rest of you.

Guess, I'll keep the "Pandora" in a safe place, so it'll be "Rear Admiral" in "basic cutter"  in the beginning...:D

PS: Forgot to say, how good it felt to see that folks like Otto, Hethwill, Pete (YOU'VE GOT TO KEEP WILLIE, for Pete's sake) and Jeheil (man, have to watch a lot of letters now to be up to date again) are still around! Cheers!

Edited by Archer11
  • Like 2