Game-Labs Forum

Crafting Ship Notes Instead of Only Ships

Might I suggest players when crafting a ship that we have the option to craft a ship note or craft straight to a ship. Make ship notes stackable. We then store ship notes in our warehouse.

Or, simply give us dockyards to store ships for clanmates.

PS make paints craftable and stackable also. Plz and ty.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 3

I like the option of being able to craft ship notes.  It solves the issue of not having enough ship slots in a port to hold ship(s) that you have built.

Also the idea of those notes being stackable is useful as well so as not to take up too many warehouse slots.  

• Like 1

The ship notes would have to have a weight the equivalent (or close) to the total of the materials involved to craft that ship. Possibly by rating class.

I still like the idea of 'building' the ship taking a period of time (RL days) with a cool animated graphic to look at when you check on the progress.

I would also suggest that ships only be built at friendly national/regional capitals (where the shipyards would be) with only a requirement of sailing to that port to place the order and later to take delivery of the ship - no outpost required. (Which of course means selling the ship you sailed in when taking delivery.)

• Like 2

How about this:

1. Craft ship Deeds, very light Legal Document that assigned to recently built ship. Can be stacked.

2. Bring ship Deed + (x)Commendations to the Naval Office in order to exchange it for a ship. 

3. Sell Ship Deeds on the market. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wind said:

How about this:

1. Craft ship Deeds

2. Bring ship Deed + (x)Commendations to the Naval Office in order to exchange it for a ship. 

I like, but I was trying to reduce coding for the devs, since notes are already implemented.

I like what POTBS did. Instead of crafting ships, you craft ship deeds which can be saved or turned into ships. Then when you get down to 1 dur, you can use a deed to add 3 dur. The only downside is that mods would only need to be crafted once. Although in POTBS, I believe, anytime you sank you lost the permanent mods but not regular. That would stink here as mods such as copper plating are so expensive to replace. 

33 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I like what POTBS did. Instead of crafting ships, you craft ship deeds which can be saved or turned into ships. Then when you get down to 1 dur, you can use a deed to add 3 dur. The only downside is that mods would only need to be crafted once. Although in POTBS, I believe, anytime you sank you lost the permanent mods but not regular. That would stink here as mods such as copper plating are so expensive to replace. 

Ship storage in NA is a complete mess. Some people have so many ships and no room to store them. When will this be fixed? No one knows. So, by adding ship deeds players could keep them in storage with little room taken and only use em when needed converting deeds into real ships. Dock expansion is a must, 100 slots at least. 

23 minutes ago, Wind said:

Ship storage in NA is a complete mess. Some people have so many ships and no room to store them. When will this be fixed? No one knows. So, by adding ship deeds players could keep them in storage with little room taken and only use em when needed converting deeds into real ships. Dock expansion is a must, 100 slots at least. 

Why in the world do you need 100 ship slots?

Ship deeds would be something like coins, little weight and takes little room. It would be also nice to capture a trader and see them carrying deeds. And maybe you can build them anywhere but only redeem them at the capital? Just a suggestion. 

3 hours ago, Wind said:

How about this:

1. Craft ship Deeds, very light Legal Document that assigned to recently built ship. Can be stacked. Deeds can than be turned into that port that the ship would of been crafted at to pick up your ship.  This way I don't have to hold onto a ship I crafted and take up my ship dock slots, but I can have a bunch of deeds ready to hand out to folks.  The other thing for this is to have a clan dock space for clans.  Maybe just a clan dry dock where ever the clan warehouse is.

2. Bring ship Deed + (x)Commendations to the Naval Office in order to exchange it for a ship. Only if it's at the port that the ship was crafted at or if anything maybe only at your capital you can turn them in.   Needs to have some limit to it.

They defiantly need to do the clan dry dock thing for sure.   I still like the fact that you have to pick up the ship at the port it was crafted at, but needs some type of limit like can only pick up without an outpost if same nation.   Notes can't be traded to other nations and I would go as far to even limit alliance. Other wise ships have to be bought/picked up the old way.