Game-Labs Forum

Generating hostility and creating more pvp with raiding

Hi
I have an idea how to tie in raids and hostility and Port-battles

Lets say we bring in the old fags and timers system in but not connect it with the port-battle itself but raids.
You pull the flag and go raiding a port other then the regional capitol. With timers there wont be night flipping on raids and flags will make screening and gathering fleets a thing.
To give raids and meaning for RVR play a successful raid triggers 100% hostility ?!?! or maybe 90 % hostility

What does everybody think about this idea and would it be that hard to implement ??

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GeneralPas said:

Hi
I have an idea how to tie in raids and hostility and Port-battles

Lets say we bring in the old fags and timers system in but not connect it with the port-battle itself but raids.
You pull the flag and go raiding a port other then the regional capitol. With timers there wont be night flipping on raids and flags will make screening and gathering fleets a thing.
To give raids and meaning for RVR play a successful raid triggers 100% hostility ?!?! or maybe 90 % hostility

What does everybody think about this idea and would it be that hard to implement ??

I posted about bringing back the flag system to generate hostility here:

Also, the developers, unfortunately, have said that they will not bring back the old flag system when I brought it up here: 

Not sure about 90% but maybe 75%?  Raids need to be limited somehow though.  Don't go back to the old pull 20 flags at once show.  Maybe limit them to once per faction in a 6 hour period?

Though, I do like my idea better:  shameless plug:

24 minutes ago, Prater said:

I like the idea.  Sort of like I said here:

On 12/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, Prater said:

Item 5
PVP arenas should stay, but should be modified to fit in with RvR.

Instead of Arenas happening 3 times a day in set places, arena's should generate with hostility or if so many player ships are killed in a period of time.  The arena is the size of the county that it started in, or if not in a county, the same size as the arena is today.  The arena lasts until 24 hours after the port battle or until the hostility is reduced to 0%.  If the arena started because so many player ships were sunk in a short period of time, the arena lasts 3 hours.  Each nation can only cause 1 arena to be created.  Points and Rewards are like how they are now.  Hand out rewards every 3 hours and reset the leaderboards.

I still think that generating a lot of hostility (33%+?) should create a pvp event.  Make it last until hostility reaches 100% or 0%.  Leaderboards, rules and rewards are how they are now.  After this, 1.5 hours before the port battle, start a screening event that lasts for 3 hours with the same rules and rewards as now as you mention above.  Make these events take up the County and not the current circles.

Also, don't tie PB results to screening actions.  If people screen successfully, the results of the port battle will already be decided in the battle.

P.s.  I don't think we need to have pvp only hostility generation and am not advocating for that.

Edited by Prater

9 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

I posted about bringing back the flag system to generate hostility here:

Also, the developers, unfortunately, have said that they will not bring back the old flag system when I brought it up here: 

Well if the devs have abetter way to force pvp  when attacking port and starting raids im all for it , flags sucked but they worked in a strange way better then what we have now

• Like 2

Why not give each port a BR based on fortification and landscape. Then you need to have a big enough fleet to raid the port. Make the port attack able like every player or AI ship. If the fleet is to small BR will fail to attack.

• Like 1

What if you would just raise hostility to 100%, upon doing so a 15 minute timer runs before a "raid" starts, if the attackers win the raid the port is "contested" until the PB starts. This means no players can tow ships to the port or can TP to that port, so the defender needs to sail in to the PB just like the attackers has to.

This would force defenders to get out there and defend their region when hostility is rising, and not just having the defenders rely on their PB to win. Alternatively the defenders can on the off day between the raid and the eventual PB, do a raid on the attackers staging port to make it difficult for them to assemble their attack fleet.

The flag system was just a griefing frenzy, just pulling fake flags to have people waste 2 hours of game time sitting in front of a port. I remember also that at times it was just burning out some players when we had like 8-10 port battles every day for a couple of days straight.

• Like 1

Raids would make better sense if the actually effected the pb itself.

Pbs have a 48hr build up. What if Durring that 48 hr window say every 12 hrs a port in the pb region was raid-able. If anyone other than the defender wins the attacking alliance on pb day get 25-50 points (new pb system) headstart! If the defender wins it stays normal. This enables pirates to effect rvr as they can pick attacker or defender if the defender doesn't arrive! 

Extra pvp/rvr content and it makes rvr abit more for everyone.

More importantly this would open up pbs you timezones like aus to effect a pb on eu timezones. 

Edited by monk33y

I agree with you buddy totally. I was trying to get a pb bolt on as the development team are clearly shy to big sweeping changes.

The long term idea with this would be ports inside a region to be raid-able to generate hostility In all timezones.

Winning a pb raid in aus timezone gives your 25% hostility towards the pb system etc etc. Player driven is the key we just need a system tweek that opens up more timezones (that's how I'd do it. Give pvp a helping hand. If you attack a region with 4 ports win all four and get a pb out of it. If the region has 5 etc then even more chance to get s pb)

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

On a side note once a raid is won the attacking raiders on restart gain that port as enterable (gains flashing duell status) enabling buildings etc. (this could be owned for 24hrs only then flips bk to owner nation. While it's under raider control the hostility gets 10% extra Base line buff in region, allies can't use port only raiding nation) This gives any nation a hub to launch future raids (pirate friendly too) once a pb for the regions capital is won or lost the ports reset to owner nation or after the 24hr Cooldown finishes.

Once a nation launches a raid only three raided regions can be active and any time!

We need a system to push more and more pbs. If you could set up a outpost in a region you could tow there etc. When port is defended you must sail your items out generating more areas of pvp and more rvr content.

To sum up:

Wining a raid generates 25% hostility, while raid is owned (25% per owned raided port)

Gives access to port for 24hrs (even Durring pb countdown)

Owning a raided port gives 10% buff to any rvr hostility efforts.

Makes raiding and raid defending a 24hr objective opening up all time zones 

Edited by monk33y