Game-Labs Forum

Screening action and rewards

Admiralty pvp events work with no bugs and allow us to implement another feature that we wanted to add long ago. Such defined pvp zones with no AI provide interesting options to reward OW battles before and during port battles (screening rewards).

For example. 1.5 hours before port battle starts and 1.5 hrs during port battles all kills in the PB harbor and vicinity count to leaderboards and provide rewards to those who intercept fleets and sink stragglers. In case port battle does not happen due to large fleets intercepted players will be rewarded for such successful interceptions. 

Of course number of players on the leaderboards should be increased in this case.

I am not sure if points from OW action (for kills) should be added (influence) port battles themselves. But it could also be an interesting mechanic which might eliminate all friction that arise because of instanced PB. (some players suggested many times that PB could be a series of battles in the harbor - not one decisive battle).

Discuss

• Like 36

I like the concept, and the idea of this. But what about the AI fleets that are sometimes pulled into the screening battle. Plus would the forts and towers play apart as well. They have been useful in catching a few attackers not accounting for them in the past PBs. Would they take some of the kills away from the players. Which I believe to be fine, if such the case. This would be a good way to encourage more players to take part in the screening fleets. Also to be considered, if we add to much reward for this do we hurt the econ for the OW. If I show up and get a nice new ship for a couple of kills then I may not ever need to buy one. Now I do not believe that this would be the case, unless you have a very good player group that does not lose. Which is a possibility. Just some things to think about, and work out. Now is there a time frame that this might be released for testing. 

2 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Why not use these PvP zones to gain hostility?

I feel like the devs keep throwing out new ideas, but keep missing the the important issue, which is, players do not want to do PvE to generate hostility, so a mechanism needs to exist where PvP is used to generate hostility.  Which is why I keep advocating to bring back the flag system to generate hostility, but the admin and staff have made it clear that they will not bring back the flag system. 

I do not know what other solutions exist to fix the hostility generation problem. 

Would be nice if the devs would find a way to implement raids and blockades into the game to generate hostility instead of relying on PvE. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

I feel like the devs keep throwing out new ideas, but keep missing the the important issue, which is, players do not want to do PvE to generate hostility, so a mechanism needs to exist where PvP is used to generate hostility.  Which is why I keep advocating to bring back the flag system to generate hostility, but the admin and staff have made it clear that they will not bring back the flag system. 

I do not know what other solutions exist to fix the hostility generation problem. 

Would be nice if the devs would find a way to implement raids and blockades into the game to generate hostility instead of relying on PvE. 

This has nothing to do with hostility but rather screening and rewarding players who are not actually in a pb. 

4 minutes ago, Daguse said:

This has nothing to do with hostility but rather screening and rewarding players who are not actually in a pb. 

It has everything to do with hostility.  Hostility is at the primary core of the game right now.  In order to even get a port battle you need to generate hostility, which players have made it very clear, either by being vocal on the subject in the forums or simply strait up quitting the game they do not want to PvE to gain hostility.  No hostility equals no port battles, and no port battles equals no rewards for screening and other actions at the port battles. 

The developers need to find a way to get the game focused on primarily PvP to generate hostility. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 5

Good idea, everything that promote pvp is good. Only gaining hostility is still not what it should be. Can't you code some warnings in, for example: Attention region xyz is up to 10% hostility!!!

We need something that draws attention to those regions so we get some pvp going.

• Like 6

I like the idea.  Sort of like I said here:

On 12/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, Prater said:

Instead of Arenas happening 3 times a day in set places, arena's should generate with hostility or if so many player ships are killed in a period of time.  The arena is the size of the county that it started in, or if not in a county, the same size as the arena is today.  The arena lasts until 24 hours after the port battle or until the hostility is reduced to 0%.  If the arena started because so many player ships were sunk in a short period of time, the arena lasts 3 hours.  Each nation can only cause 1 arena to be created.  Points and Rewards are like how they are now.  Hand out rewards every 3 hours and reset the leaderboards.

I still think that generating a lot of hostility (33%+?) should create a pvp event.  Make it last until hostility reaches 100% or 0%.  Leaderboards, rules and rewards are how they are now.  After this, 1.5 hours before the port battle, start a screening event that lasts for 3 hours with the same rules and rewards as now as you mention above.  Make these events take up the County and not the current circles.

Also, don't tie PB results to screening actions.  If people screen successfully, the results of the port battle will already be decided in the battle.

P.s.  I don't think we need to have pvp only hostility generation and am not advocating for that.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Daguse said:

Yes. this topic is about screening before and during Port battle. It has nothing to do with how PB are generated - this will be discussed elsewhere. 

ps. the main killer of pvp only based hostiltiy generation is non-attendance. We have some ideas on how to solve it but its not the time yet. This topic is about screening and rewards for screening

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

It has everything to do with hostility.  Hostility is at the primary core of the game right now.  In order to even get a port battle you need to generate hostility, which players have made it very clear, either by being vocal on the subject in the forums or simply strait up quitting the game they do not want to PvE to gain hostility.  No hostility equals no port battles, and no port battles equals no rewards for screening and other actions at the port battles. 

The developers need to find a way to get the game focused on primarily PvP to generate hostility. 

They can simply add Loot items that open new doors and only can be obtained through PvE Hostility Grind. Because right now there is no reward in doing the Grind and that is why people hate it. ;) Reward people in everything they do and you will see the difference. I like Admins idea btw. 

11 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

That's a discussion for another topic.  

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1

Just now, Daguse said:

Go play WoWs and you don't have to worry about it.

lets not send other forum members to other games if you disagree with their opinion. If he wanted to play wows he would be playing wows now - not responding to this topic

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, admin said:

ps. the main killer of pvp only based hostiltiy generation is non-attendance. We have some ideas on how to solve it but its not the time yet. This topic is about screening and rewards for screening

I am just worried about the current population levels I am seeing in your game.  I love this game and I really want it to succeed.  I have played over 2000 hours in this game now, the most played game ever with war thunder at second place with like 800 or so hours.  Something needs to be done and fast to get people interested in your game again. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, admin said:

I am not sure if points from OW action (for kills) should be added (influence) port battles themselves. But it could also be an interesting mechanic which might eliminate all friction that arise because of instanced PB. (some players suggested many times that PB could be a series of battles in the harbor - not one decisive battle).

Discuss

Great ideas for the screening battles. On point here through - The screening influence on the PB is to keep  attacking ships out of the PB, so I am not sure that adding additional points for the defenders is necessary.

• Like 5

Why not add Rewards + PB Bonuses 

For example, sink NPC or Players(give away more points) and earn points for PB Port.

1000 extra hostility points will give attacker +2% reload

2000 extra hostility points +2% accuracy

3000 extra hostility points +2% speed

and so on

same for defender.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

lets not send other forum members to other games if you disagree with their opinion. If he wanted to play wows he would be playing wows now - not responding to this topic

Understood. 

However I see a lot of posts to change the game from its current format. The bashing on pve doesn't solve the PvP problem. It only makes it worse. 

Without PvE there will be no one to hunt for pvp. So in short it would be a very large arena game. 

Anything that gets players on the water is a good thing pve or pvp. 

• Like 1

A well intended idea to a definite problem, but not really the solution we need.  Reduce the ability of players to log out under the swords and screening fights will magically start happening again.  We also need to be honest and perhaps at the risk of mud slinging the screening issue only seems to be an issue for one nation.  Every other nation, regardless of their side sails to the battles.  A simple word from the admin saying "hey this isn't allowed" should be enough to solve this.  If it keeps happening reverse the outcome of the PBs.  

I've said it a couple times on various threads, the beauty and appeal of this game lies in NOT having leader boards and in the thrill of the hunt and chase.  Adding more would simply be another bandaid on a wound that needs stitches and another step in the direction towards an arcade game similar to WoT or WoW.  Not a fan.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

And how will playercounts be offset? Anti-zerg measures?

If the results are only a leaderboard and reward and doesn't impact the port battle, then there is no need for anti-zerg measures.  We don't currently have anti-zerg measures.

• Like 3

Please no silly scoreboards. This is about conquest and players should be encouraged to focus on team work. Just provide interesting/unique rewards for those involved with bonus for winning side and for players with most kills/damage in a  given battle. I have also heard people complaining about randomness of rewards in PvP events. Perhaps introducing of new PvP currency and a dedicated shop/items to be purchased on that currency would be even better long-term solution. This would allow people to safe PvP points for something they really want/need. Alternatively allow marketplace for all those items so players can sell.

• Like 5