Game-Labs Forum

Ship class personalized for each nation

Did you gave up the ship restrictions by nationality?

Even without these restriction, it would add immersion if every nation had adapted names for its ships.... A constitution could be called Constitution only by USA, while a british constitution could be named HMS Warlock, a french constitution L'Espadon, a spanish constitution Santa Cruz, etc, etc... I think you get the idea...

Additionnally, they could use different colors for same ships. The US Constitution would keep its historical colors, while Constitutions from other countries would have different base colors.

It's not much, but it would help giving a different feel for the navy of each nation.

• Like 11

I've brought up the ship colors for nations before.

I still think it'd be an excellent idea, and I like your idea but I feel a remake of the crafting system so you can name your ship would be best. but the color should always be the same.

• Like 1

Was hoping that eventually ship paints (at least some of them) would become common enough that we could make individual themed fleets - be it as a nation, as a clan e.t.c, but sadly they remain as rare event prizes for now.

If Im not mistaken the 1st rate crafting with specific national good requirements is still in the pipeline and will at least create some of this regional flavour once the remaining ships are ready to go.

This would be a nice quality of life thing and a good thing for artists with spare time to work on while coders are busy fixing mechanics but it's hardly a priority. Paints are now becoming a little more accessible thanks to the pvp events, but I'd still like to see more of them. Maybe anyone who gets a kill at all in the events gets a paint? But only the top 10 get ships?

I'd love this. But, for the newbies who play this game and started and don't know the ship names for all other nations by heart, I'd suggest adding a small grey text next to the name which tells you what ship is in your nation.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the ships still called by their original name for the class and have a historical national name choosen from a list by the player, who build the ship, shown before that.

Like: Mayflower (Constitution class).

The French would have French names, the Spanish Spanish names,...

That would make it clear to everyone and it is personalised at the same time. 

• Like 3

On 12/14/2016 at 11:29 AM, manuva85 said:

Untill they gave us proper pb's and working rvsr devs should stay out off new features. 

Unless it's the pirate mechanics....than they can give us those to work on, but other wise I agree they need to get the national stuff done with before moving on.

On 12/26/2016 at 9:38 AM, Sea Archer said:

I would like to see the ships still called by their original name for the class and have a historical national name choosen from a list by the player, who build the ship, shown before that.

Like: Mayflower (Constitution class).

The French would have French names, the Spanish Spanish names,...

That would make it clear to everyone and it is personalised at the same time. 

I kinda like this, but would love Clan flags too so they don't all look the same. It can be a flag off the top mast that lets you know what ships are part of what clan in big battles cause some times it 's hard to read the name.s

I'm guessing the focus now is the new boarding system that we were given a peek at. Its probably too late now to put that on hold. But yes, I have a short list of existing issues that I would much rather see fixed than get any other brand new toys.

• OW PvP battle (and PvE hostility mission) instances should stay open for 10-15 minutes (or longer) with the later entering ships getting spawned in at the pull circle perimeter like I've outlined before. (see below) 
  • kind of a new toy but RvR hostility given a PvP mechanic that kind of already exists. I'm thinking nation triggered, county specific, small PvP event zones that stay open for 24 hrs in addition to the PvE hostility missions. One county PvP event per nation per day that is shown in the Map.  National voting on Yes/No for any PvP hostility for tomorrow and if yes which county?

Idea for improvement on joining OW PvP battle instances