Game-Labs Forum

Patch day?

Ned Loe

1 hour ago, Black Spawn said:

Topics get lost easily in my opinion for the structure not beeing really clear anymore and having ideas, suggestions and admin-statements all over the place.

As a "not-so-forum-guy" this is really hard - wraping around your mind arround an issue which got multiple different topics with the same impulses.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SteelSandwich said:

simple: the more frequent you want content patches, the less will be in it.

You will get the same, just with less in it and more delays just due to implementation.

The implementation delay might be worth it. "Steady as she goes" rather than "Everything at once" might mean a better experience all round, including for the devs. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

I'm one of the many anticipating the patch very much.

But i'd like to remind everyone that when a developer says: "End of xxxx month" that is just an estimate, it might be a bit earlier but it might be a bit later. Nothing to get upset about imo. 

There is very often unexpected stuff that delays patches in game development and yes, you could argue the Developers should make the ETA to be a bit later (Eg: Instead of saying the Expected time for the patch they should say the pessimistic time for the patch so that there is less chance of people being disappointed.) 

My bold emphasis above.

Regarding the bolded portion of Tommy's comment I offer this:

:P

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wind said:

You guys are really went hardcore on land in Port Battles. I though you would just create a pack of maps and dice roll them. :) Reflecting exact land for each port is just insane and that's why I love Naval Action. 

Shame no PB in charleston. I was truly happy with the major changes made to the ports and coastlines.

On November 28, 2016 at 8:00 AM, admin said:

finishing touches are done on the patch. pessimistic date next tuesday wednesday. if land in port battles start delaying us more (complex feature)  we will deploy earlier without them as the rest is almost ready

Will mounted Ship mods be redeemed?

There's surely a confusion.

There a patch and there's a content upgrade.

The second is

... and this indeed points to a wipe.

Misinformation spread like wildfire and give way to odd discussions especially if your companions do not keep up with fórum announcements.

So always make sure you pass the correct information - a link is always good.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2016 at 2:03 PM, JonSnowLetsGo said:

More frequent patches means they have to do a lot more testing so that there are not so many bugs in the new stuff. And testing takes a lot of time, so if they have to do it each week instead of each month they can develop less stuff.

Well, at least revert it back to last stable version, I mean, look at this current version, it killed the game but we still have it ever since.

Ahoy captain s prepare your brains for a wipe :ph34r:

And please can i have a L key ..to put the  lights out -_-

At night those bloody lanterns still keep burning... when i want to blow them out :D

Happy update all :)

7 hours ago, Thonys said:

Ahoy captain s prepare your brains for a wipe :ph34r:

And please can i have a L key ..to put the  lights out -_-

At night those bloody lanterns still keep burning... when i want to blow them out :D

Happy update all :)

Good morning.

What wipe ?

Can you please read the announcements and not "joke" so much ? ;)

Cheers.

On 28-11-2016 at 2:00 PM, admin said:

finishing touches are done on the patch. pessimistic date next tuesday wednesday. if land in port battles start delaying us more (complex feature)  we will deploy earlier without them as the rest is almost ready

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Good morning.

What wipe ?

Can you please read the announcements and not "joke" so much ? ;)

Cheers.

good morning to you to

well here they say we get a patch dont we ?

and since when are you so grumpy

it it because your left wooden leg came out bed first :D

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, elite92 said:

next tuesday means tomorrow?

Sadly no. As at Monday 28th November:

Tuesday 29th was 'this Tuesday', i.e. in the current week, or tomorrow. 

Tuesday 6th Dec would have been 'Next Tuesday' (i.e. Tuesday in the next week)

Tuesday 6th Dec could also have been described as 'Tuesday week' (i.e. one week past the first Tuesday occurring after the current day) 

and Tuesday 13th Dec 'Tuesday Fortnight'.

Well that's how I interpret the language! Hope that helps.

Buster...

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 6:07 PM, Roche Brasiliano said:

It is a good point, but maybe 15 days or 20? i agree that each week is too short, but something between that...afterall, bugs happens anyway and can be fixed in minor patches.

You obviously dont understand how it works. patches delay work. the team works fastest when there are NO patches at all. 
In the future games we wont use early access and open development any more. Ultimate general civil war was done in complete secrecy with no contact with the outside world = our highest rated game ever and it was done in less than a year. 

• Like 3

On 28/11/2016 at 2:43 PM, Wind said:

People reached top rank, there is nothing else what to do for them. I really hope we get more rewarding content (special currency and shop) and more ranks to lvl and I hope they will add rare wood drops to all Npc fleets. 

Its not the top ranks - its the lack of fun... I went all the way to admiral on pvp - but suddently it was too hard to find any action. The shipbuilding took too much time and ROE made it harder and harder. The battles was too spread out and too small to be fun. The port battles was impossible to get into without organised TS and clan-stuff. 

Hope the next patch will change some of this. Otherwise I guess it has been a mixed experience and the game need to be deleted on harddisk in order to save up some space... Nice ships though. But horrible gameplay overall... Ill give it like 4 out of ten stars as it is now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

to all other captains! :)

patch monday/tuesday

Monday, Patchday, would be the best gift u can bring. Hopefully we also get a highly anticipated Land in PB and Dutch Ships. btw 5th of december is a Dutch national feast called Pakjesavond. With Sinterklaas and Black Pete. Bit like Santa Claus and his elfs

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, pietjenoob said:

Monday, Patchday, would be the best gift u can bring. Hopefully we also get a highly anticipated Land in PB and Dutch Ships. btw 5th of december is a Dutch national feast called Pakjesavond. With Sinterklaas and Black Pete. Bit like Santa Claus and his elfs

As a Belgian guy, I laughed at "Black Pete" :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, admin said:

You obviously dont understand how it works. patches delay work. the team works fastest when there are NO patches at all. 
In the future games we wont use early access and open development any more. Ultimate general civil war was done in complete secrecy with no contact with the outside world = our highest rated game ever and it was done in less than a year. 

Don't be a salty schoolgirl.  Early Access is a new idea barely 5 years old. Not everybody gets it right the first time they try. Learn from the mistakes and mbe better at in the future of this game and when the next ones come out. Quite frankly I believe NA would be an even bigger mess as there is no prior testing of mechanics. This isn't a singleplayer game were the story counts - the multiplayer eneds to be tested and work prior to release.

My only suggestion is to remain silent and respond only to those who ask the 'right' questions. I know in past some similar games had exact same issues, all they did was they banned those who attacked them and went silent (only responded with patch notes and answered questions). We all know this game is great and no other Company can match it. Open Development is the worst idea ever. This gives Customers the wrong idea of what Early Access is and let's them talk garbage. No matter what you will say they still able to talk and say things. All what you are saying will be used in reviews against you, and we don't want that. 

On the other hand, you are getting so much experience out of this and in the future you will be able to easily overcome any obstacles. 

• Like 7