Game-Labs Forum

Crafting/Trading/PvP'ing

EDIT: Think I made this thread in the wrong forum so pls delete the inappropriate one (mods that is?)

All right.. I'm out.. I've been sailing around for 3 hours yesterday - no PvP other than an unfortunate pickle and a noob LGV that didn't know what hit it.. Normally I'd even let it slip as the player clearly wasn't an experienced captain.. Any sort of PvP is however very few and far between atm.. So I sank the poor bastard.. Sailed around for 1.5 hours today - No PvP at all.. I've been at Bonacca, New smyrna/st. Marys, La Tortue, CS/GS traderun.. IF you find an enemy player he's protected either by HUGE AI battlefleets (several SoL - yeah that was out patrolling in the day not unrealistic at all *sarcasm*) or he's protected by HUGE forts with a completely unrealistic amount of guns and a firing rate that would have made a machinegunner proud. 

Crafting - regional bonuses has sent crafters out all over the map, and PvP all the way down. IF a trader is spotted, the trader has little to no help incoming as the other players are too far away, that is if he isn't protected by the huge AI fleets and towers/forts. The solution would be to remove regional bonuses and implement special regional ressouces and reintroduce shipyards. This would converge crafting around the capitols and the traders would have a lot of players neaby and PvP hunters would more often than not be engaged by intercepting fleets - like the good old days. 

Trading - It's too easy to make gold. Period. Traders tool and the huge profits to be made from some commodities, coupled with the extremely low playerbase, makes trading insanely profitable and with a very low risk. I've mentioned it in another post, but I've made around 80 mill since the econ system changed and I haven't even been dedicated to it. The solution? - reduce available trade commodities or reduce pricedivergence. Jutland amber for example yields a profit of around 250% from buy to sell price - and the low playernumbers ensures u can allways make atleast 4-5 mill a day.. by just making 2 trips from CS to GS. Easy. Way too easy.

PvP - The low playerbase, the many different crafting regions, and the PB mechanic that effectively means there's only 9-12 PBs a week reduces PvP chances to a point where it's no longer vaguely rewarding to go out hunting.. 3 hours of my life that I never get back yesterday. 1.5 hours today. Increase the rewards from PvP'ing either by making BP's available, paints or increase the chances of getting some of the uncraftable upgrades. As it is - we're too few who makes PvP and we can't find each other. Contrary to what many traders believe - I don't like hunting traders, they are a means to an end.. Most traders ditch their cargo when they get cought, but hurt enough traders and hunters comes out to play - that's when the good PvP begins.. Yet atm there's just too far between the trader and the interceptionfleets.

Solutions: Increase the amount of available OP, get rid of the regional bonuses, reduce profitability from trading, increase profitability from PvP'ing, reduce crew-hiring costs and reinstate shipyards..

EDIT2: And reduce amounts of forts/their sizes and remove AI battlefleets with BRs above 1k

Edited by Guest