Game-Labs Forum

Events explained in detail

22 hours ago, Fenris said:

So...

While the game lacks of decent PvP and RvR, we have now PvE "challenges"..

500 players on EU 1 prime time.

Something went wrong with latest patch.

I hope its only temporary.

I think it is a delayed reaction from previous patches and all the build-up of criticism of the game. The sooner stability is reached, the better.

50 minutes ago, Lannes said:

I think it is a delayed reaction from previous patches and all the build-up of criticism of the game. The sooner stability is reached, the better.

Agreed, what this last patch did was basicaly rectifying what the last patch got wrong (crafting & hostility bomb) and add the events. Thats not enough to lure people back in. We might need the Land in Port Battles, to make people curious about the game again. Maybe some new ships.

Its nice to see some real RvR stuff again, with fleets going out to raise hostility in an area and being succesfull at doing so. Only complaint people have now is that on days where no PB is planned, people just don't bother logging on. Might need some port raiding, or something to keep it interesting every night.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Guenwhyvar said:

It doesn't help that one nation keeps cheating their way through the game. There is hardly a single port-battle that this nation hasn't used a cheat. :angry:

I don't play on PvP1 but I assume that is where your talking about.  Any proof of these cheats cause I really get tired of folks claiming cheats with no videos or picture proof.  99% of the time it's the fact that your bad players or don't know the game mechanics and not the some one is cheating or hacking.

I too tried doing a solo pvp event only to be heavily outnumbered, at the time there was only one group going around ganking all the solo players. The nation with the most people on will most likely just gank everyone, no idea how this could be balanced without ruining the idea of OW pvp though. Enter at your own risk i guess.

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't play on PvP1 but I assume that is where your talking about.  Any proof of these cheats cause I really get tired of folks claiming cheats with no videos or picture proof.  99% of the time it's the fact that your bad players or don't know the game mechanics and not the some one is cheating or hacking.

On PvP1 everyone knows what I am referring to. This has been referenced in MANY posts and videos.

I can also understand that a lot of people get tired of all these claims. None more so than the people on PvP1 who suffer one-after-another incident that ruins the fun for everyone and keeps losing us players who decide it just isn't worth it anymore if people are not playing on the same playing-field. 

As many have said before, voicing these complaints is usually because of honest caring for the game, not of bashing it. Although this might seem so at first.

We all want to see a healthy game with many players who are having fun playing it. With nations and clans working together fighting and trading and building and organizing whatever this game offers them. 

What a lot of people DON'T like is certain parties who keep abusing loopholes to try to gain an unfair advantage. Some call it "play-testing" and there is something to be said about that, but most just call it "cheating" and "foul play" that should be stamped out with vigor. A lot of players have just given up hope after the umpteenth time the rules have been bent beyond breaking point and left the game.

Some of them after voicing their complaints here and be called "bad players who don't know game mechanics" as that can hardly be called a "considerate" response to their worries. <_<

They create bad OW PvP, which has AI fleets and towers + player AI fleets.  PvE.

They create RvR that needs plenty of PvE before entering PvP.

They create PvP Events to provide arena like direct PvP.

It is hard to call this success, it is hard to understand how and why the game suddenly is in this kind of shitty state.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:22 PM, Wraith said:

Why on earth would it take a PvE event to get you back in a smaller ship?!  I'm max rank and never leave my rattler unless it's pried out of my cold dead hands.. I can't stand line ships and only sail them if a port battle requires me to. :)  Don't be ashamed about spending as much time as you want in smaller ships, especially in the OW... don't wait for some lame PvE event to give you an excuse, the OW needs you!

We have a few clan members that just hate shallow waters and won't play them even for a Port Battle, which I think hurts a team.  We had the same problem on WoT where once folks got past a certain level they sold there tank and just keep the max level.  So when our clan went back to basics and was doing tier 8 and 6 battles instead of 10 cause we had a better match up of clans our size and skill many couldn't join in.  We made it a rule they had to get a tank to stay in the clan cause they are pretty much hurting it.  We haven't done that here on NA, but some times I feel we should if you want to stay competive.  Those are the same guys that want to roll only in 1st rates for every battle and than bitch that there is not PvP cause no one wants to fight only 1st rate fleets.  I'm sorry some of the best PvP battles I have ever had was in small ships.  To me I think it takes more skill to fight in one than to just push a button and ALPHA damage some one with your big old slow ship.  These are all so the same players that complain about stern camp and crew lost.  Well if you don't want to get stern camp than don't bring a big slow moving target to a fight.  Lately though we been doing a big mix up of ships in our fights and it's working out.   

Like I tell them you want PvP you have to go where the PvP is and it's not all ways in deep water.  So if your not willing to go there than shut up and stop complaining. I get PvP all the time in shallow waters when I hunt traders thinking they are safe from the big nasty ships.

12 hours ago, Wraith said:

I've had some success but it's rolling in groups. So I agree with El Loco, bring back open world, non-arena PvP please.

I have gotten over 8 H Rattlers, around 3-4 Aggies, 1 Endy and 1 Indfatiable with a mix of paints. A clan member has now gotten two H Rattler BP's so yah it's actually been fun and I'm glad  it's going on.  There is still PvP out there as you got to get to the event and back home.  We had so many folks get gank on the way there by the gank squads of the US.  Every one else pretty much does the gentleman thing and been matching up fair fights except the largest nation in game.  Than again they have alliance with every one so they can't attack the other nations that show up so it's only pirates and we leave when they show up in gank squads so they don't get points.  See you can blockaid large nations in more than one way.  If you look at the PvP2 leaders of PvP events It's pretty much all pirates, GB and Dutch.   Small friendly groups that are meeting for fair fights.   While anything out side the zone is fair game.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

To add a (slightly) upbeat note:

I tend to sail solo into the PvP arenas to join up with friendly squadrons. I have been ganked a fair number of times in the approach, so that is certainly a problem. Not sure whether it can be entirely contained by mechanics, or if payer maturity will eventually remediate ths.

But there are other fights: just yesterday I sailed solo past a group of 7 or so Pirates. I had three courteous offers of a 1-on-1 fight, one of which I accepted. Got pwned in boardig :blink:. But that's as it may be: there are sporting gentlemen (and ladies, I presume) out there which provide most enjoyable combats. And that's not just the Pirate who went for me in the 1-on-1, but also his mates who had the good manners to stand off.

While I'm not a huge fan of arena PvP fighting, my experience wasn't bad.  What I'd like to see is points based on damage though instead of kills, assists.  This would give solo players (like I was) some credit for showing up and doing something if they 1v1 someone and they run away.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:33 AM, admin said:

Why it breaks your immersion. Admiralty sent you to a certain location to patrol an area. Accidentally enemy alliance admiralty also sent their captains to that location. Lobby is worse in this regard.  

If no-one comes to such designated pvp areas with good rewards then we all can finally agree that this game is PVE and nothing can make people to come out and fight ;). This will also answer the question why people don't pvp. 

While I realize this is in EA and we can't expect everything to be fully finished and polished, it takes more than a system alert that basically says "Admiralty Event started" to encourage immersion. Dress it up a little.

"Admiralty alert! Enemy fleet activity reported. Intercept and destroy."

And when its over, not just a bare "Admiralty Event ended". This is why people say it's about as immersive as a lobby.

"Admiralty directive. Stand down from alert and resume normal duties."

• Like 1