Game-Labs Forum

Shiloh battle freez

Grognard_JC

Hello here,

Playing CSA hard..

I've just experienced a very frustrating bug in my second campaign.

In the last part of the Shiloh battle (that I hadnt reached in my first campaign), I got my game frozen as I was starting to outflank the Union on their right (fortifications there). Some secs ago, I was telling myself : where does this infantry (more than 2k) and artillery come from (more than 300) as they seemed to teleport inside my stack of flanking units... Maybe it's linked, maybe it's not...

The game froze there (I was winning!!!) and although I tried to alt-tab shift-tab or press escape, nothing would happen. I got no error report. It looked like the game was still calculating someting. I eventually managed to  switch to antother program. When I switched back to UGCW i heard like a big canon boom. That's all.

I suppose something's wrong with this battle's last part.

Overhaul, I find this battle pretty hard in this last part, as you all of a sudden have to manage all these units, while the union units are everywhere on the map...

• 1 month later...

My game also crashes at the Capture Pittsburgh Landing part of the Battle of Shiloh. I have captured Pittburgh Landing and sunk the US gunboats. I have aligned my troops to recieve the US reinforcements from the north, and after a few have arrived, the game crashes with less than an hour left of the battle. This has happened twice.

It is very tedious, as you have to play through all the phases of the battle again.

• 4 months later...
On 2016-12-29 at 10:43 AM, von Adler said:

My game also crashes at the Capture Pittsburgh Landing part of the Battle of Shiloh. I have captured Pittburgh Landing and sunk the US gunboats. I have aligned my troops to recieve the US reinforcements from the north, and after a few have arrived, the game crashes with less than an hour left of the battle. This has happened twice.

It is very tedious, as you have to play through all the phases of the battle again.

It seems that if I kept my troops a bit away from the edge of the map, this did not occur again. It seems like it was the attempt to create a "horse-shoe" with troops at the edge of the map (to take on known union reinforcements) that caused the crash.