Game-Labs Forum

Idea for Port Battle mechanics

So it seems to me that the current Port Battle mechanics are not really working the way players would like. It's too easy to set a Port Battle up by means that are very hard to counteract (the war supplies bomb - sending hostility from 0 to 100 in one instant). Once a battle is set up the attacking force log out in front of the battle, logging back in once it begins thus rendering screening fleets useless and denying the hoped for pvp. Also only one port battle flips a whole region. This seems too easy to me.

So here is my idea:

Each nation has to gain 25% hostility against another nation via pvp. This pvp can happen anywhere on the map.

The hositiliy will degrade, but must be kept at or above 25% in order to be able to start raising hostility in a region by other means (missions, war supplies etc).

If nations try to avoid pvp by simply hiding in port, the amount of pvp that is needed to get hostility to 25% adjusts accordingly each hour. The amount only goes back up when the hiding nation starts pvping again - i.e. they attack first. The rest of the mechanics stay as they are now.

Once hostility is raised to 100% the resulting port battle will randomly appear in any one of the ports in the region. This will only be made know 10 minutes before the port battle to promote pvp in the port battle area as everyone tries to get to the location.

If the port is won by the attackers the next port battle in the region is set up for the next day at the same time. The attacking side must win a majority of the ports in a region in order to take it. The defending side must defend back to 0 taken ports in order to defend the region and reset the hostility as now happens. The attacking side/alliance may enter any port they have taken and it's forts will work for them.

I'm sure people will shoot down any obvious faults in this, but I just want to make a positive suggestions to the devs rather than just compaining that it currently doesn't work.

• Like 2