Game-Labs Forum

Beautification and Customization Online Store Patch

Beautification and Customization Online Store Patch  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have an option to purchase customization slots for your ships in Online Store

2. 2. What customizations would you buy for your ships?

• My answer on the first question was NO.
    • Paints for various parts of the ship (including the decking and masts)
    • Customization slot that allows to change ship's name and customize how it's displayed
    • Color of sails
    • Flags on top of the masts
    • Clan flag (to be displayed under the nation flag)
  3. 3. How customization should work?

• Simple like it is now - Ship Paint slot "accepts paint schemes",
    • Complex customization slots, e.g. Paint Slot has multiple slots for various parts of the ship. All slots cost 1 customization credit to unlock. All unlocked paints for credits are available on the color chart
  4. 4. Payment schemes

• I prefer to spend lots of money at once, but upgrade all customizable slots on all my ships even if the amount triples the cost of the game itself
    • I prefer to buy ugrade credits that cost few cents each, where each credit unlocks specific upgrade slot of the ship of your choice
    • Same as #3, plus the ability to buy package deals
    • I want to be able to buy preset color scheme packages
    • I want customization package deals for one ship of my choice

In the light of the recent negative reviews to help the development team with the funding I propose the next patch to be an online store were we could buy cosmetic upgrades to change the look of the ships.

Nothing in the store sold for real money should give any advantage in the gameplay in any form or shape.

But having an option to buy unlockable paint slots on ships, change ship names, buy colors for various parts of the ships and sails may and in my opinion will help to raise revenue for future development of the game.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

I think I almost reached a point where I don't want to pump any more money into this game. Even the idea is not bad.

Edited by Guest

I think I' almost reached a point where I don't want to pump any more money into this game. Even the idea is not bad.

Well, the good thing about this is that even if you wont spend any more money your gameplay wont be penalized in any way.

I have literately spent thousands on WoT and StarCitizen project. I don't mind a single bit if there will be a way to support this project further.

• Like 1

If I pay for a ship customization and someone captures it, does the customization go away?  Is that difficult to manage on the server?

Clan art should be constructable in-game when someone forks out game-gold to create a clan.  Raise the in-game clan cost to compensate for it if you like, but not out of pocket cash.

That said, I do like customizable options, such as flags and unique ship names, but in-game, as opposed to the poll question to purchase it.

If I pay for a ship customization and someone captures it, does the customization go away?  Is that difficult to manage on the server?

Clan art should be constructable in-game when someone forks out game-gold to create a clan.  Raise the in-game clan cost to compensate for it if you like, but not out of pocket cash.

That said, I do like customizable options, such as flags and unique ship names, but in-game, as opposed to the poll question to purchase it.

Customization should be available in-game as well, but more as a rare drop etc. If someone can't spend time, but can spend real money to purchase customization they should also be able to. I'm for example more of a casual player, so i would rather buy for cash than grind.

This is an interesting point that needs more collaboration from the community. My feeling is that customization should be done on specific ships to make those ships even more special, hence customization stays with the new owner after it has been capped.

Loosing such ship will mean:

a.) Real reward for the capturer as the prize becomes a proper trophy;

b.) Real loss (probably more of a sentimental) for the previous owner;

c.) To replace the ship previous owner will have to spend more Customization Credits which means more revenue for the team (this is the main reason I propose to get the Online Store going)

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

The wow factor would wane away imo.

Let's say a Paint or Flag is awarded for something nice, like beating overwhelming odds.

If anyone has access to it via store it loses its glamour.

And instead of doubling the work, by making common store items and then the special ones separate, the focus on them being awards could benefit everyone despite their playstyle - trader, ship architect, sea rover, etc

Just my 5 dolla'

The wow factor would wane away imo.

Let's say a Paint or Flag is awarded for something nice, like beating overwhelming odds.

If anyone has access to it via store it loses its glamour.

And instead of doubling the work, by making common store items and then the special ones separate, the focus on them being awards could benefit everyone despite their playstyle - trader, ship architect, sea rover, etc

Just my 5 dolla'

Customization of the ship doenst mean special skins. There always could be special skins that only gain ble through the gameplay like quests or events. They can even be "bound" to the owner, e.g. if the ship is capped then the skins washes off

I say no to extra payment content! it starts with color skins and when the door is open stronger hull and cannons etz. will follow!i dont want a pay to win game.

If you want more ship customization put

It to ship construction und Player have to use more mats to build the ship.