Game-Labs Forum

Regional "Trims"

u get the regional bonus only if u sail in this region ? or if ur nation hold this region and get the bonus everywere ???

have you even read the patchnotes?

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16932-patch-996-new-conquest-new-trading-new-ships-and-other-things/

The regional bonus is applied when the ship is crafted there...

I'd say, keep them, just for completions sake so we can search on your document for a certain trim and see what counties right there, as opposed to search all regions on the map. also with this new tool tip I suppose this confirms that some regions have no trim... that makes me sad :(

• Like 3

I'd say, keep them, just for completions sake so we can search on your document for a certain trim and see what counties right there, as opposed to search all regions on the map. also with this new tool tip I suppose this confirms that some regions have no trim... that makes me sad :(

Yah it makes a quick reference instead of having to look all over the map for what region does what.

So the two places where you can craft ships with the "Spanish Hunter" feature both start out owned by....... Spain???  I'm sure the Dons are hugely grateful for that.  Sometimes the logic used in the development of this game escapes me.

Well considering it's call Spanish Hunter a Spaniard Privateer that hunts (the way I take it) you think it would be in Spanish waters.  Just like the  French, British and Pirate Refits are all in there respective nations zone at start.   I think your reading the name wrong.  It's not a perk for those that hunt Spanish players, it's for a Spanish player that is a Hunter.  Maybe it should of been called Spanish Privateer Refit?

Could someone please explain the effect that sail force has on the properties of the ship. Thanks

as far as i understand it the variable effects the performance of the named sails depending on the point of sail.

therefore the max-speed of the ship isn't influenced but the max-speed for the different points of sail (close-hauled, broad reach etc.)

• Like 1

Could someone please explain the effect that sail force has on the properties of the ship. Thanks

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15745-testing-studding-sails-and-extra-staysails/

Keep in mind that regional bonuses are not final and subject to change and are provided for testing. they may suck and the feature might be dropped going forward. 

• Like 1

So the two places where you can craft ships with the "Spanish Hunter" feature both start out owned by....... Spain???  I'm sure the Dons are hugely grateful for that.  Sometimes the logic used in the development of this game escapes me.

The bonus is for Spanish ships built for hunting, not for you hunting Spanish ships...

Thanks for the answers chaps, that has cleared up my question nicely. Just one more question as i don t want to take thread off topic. I can see that several sails are modelled (jib,main,spanker) but are the bonuses grouped into just staysail and studding sails.

Sorry- I read this in another post and got confused:   " I'd say it is the "pirate hunter" idea but focused versus spain."

It's for Spain Pirvateers ships so they can hunt others better.  

They said they tweeked the French and British Refits, any one know what they changed on those stats?

British Refit:

R: Central America, C: Belize.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}]

French Refit:

R: Gulf, C: Louisiane.

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

Well what can I say... Time to join the British and help them increase their poor community number to better rule the world? 

• Like 2

British Refit:

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}]

French Refit:

Well what can I say... Time to join the British and help them increase their poor community number to better rule the world? 

British Refit:

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"]"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-5}

["SHIP_TURNING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

French Refit:

["CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M","CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}

["CANNON_RELOAD_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-2.5}

["SHIP_MAX_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":1}]

The values i just posted are the updated values.

I've updated it in the Document i have but not here on the forum. I will update it today. (Stand up show got in the way yesterday.)

• Like 1

yes, 2.5% of 60 is 1.5 seconds.   Game changing.

Ugh.

Are you complaining?  Stacking this bonus with exceptional powder monkeys, and improved magazine access shaves off 4.5 seconds.  So you can take your shot, then turn your ship to deflect shots before you enemy takes his shot.  Also, 4.5 seconds over several reloads adds up to an extra broadside every 13th shot and considering that battles can last for over an hour, it can be a substantial advantage. 

The real question is do we want this game to be more skill based or more MMORPG based where he who has the better ship with the best mods wins.  I personally would rather see the game more skill based and I am glad the developers took the nerfbat to these modules. 

The only 2 that seem a little too strong to me are the strong hull and the northern carpenters.  I will be crafting my first Santisima this week with live oak build strength with a strong hull. I am curious to see how it will turn out compared to my other Santisimas I have built. 

Edited by Ultravis

You answered your own question...  Is the "strong hull bonus" equal to or greater than the additional broadside weight every 13th broadside?  And if you have the "British Refit", are you going to stack that with monkeys or now take a repair mod instead?  

My point is 2.5% is NOT game changing...  5%, maybe...  not 2.5%