Game-Labs Forum

Alts for port battles activities - BAN WARNING

admin

"Happy9768" has been reported for bad conduct in PB or Screens earlier.  Ramming friendly ships, triggering battles prematurely.

New Eyewitness Report:  Dec 2, about 9 AM US Eastern, about 250 Players online.  Hardy Knox tried to leave Beaufort in Surprise + Rattler.   Inside port were two substantial (>1000 BR each) Dane AI fleets, a US Lieutenant in a warship and => Happy 9768 <= in an LGV.  Battle triggered.  Hardy Knox dropped into port before my immunity lapsed.

Spoke after to the US Lieutenant who said Happy 9768 triggered battle, and that he/she had forced him into battle 2 times in five minutes.

Perhaps it is time other US players kept a close eye on "Happy9768" . In a Nations Chat conversation after a PB about 10 days ago, he/she was asked why was ramming friendlies and not following Battle Leader's guidance, he/she reported being Chinese, with poor English so not understanding Chat directions or orders.  

Poor English does not explain a Player triggering unwinnable battles with enemy fleets with other National Players in range.

Other mentions of Happy9768 in GameLabs Forums involving reports of similar behavior:
http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/profile/24703-bsfixer/

it more sounds like happy got dragged into battle under the pretenses of trying to make a quick score i once saw something like that an american continued to draw a pirate into battles and another came along in a very large ship far bigger than the Americans chased him away happy was just doing the usual thing everyone does attack until chased away by something bigger.

as to the ramming you must be there to be leave it as my friend before the update that prevented pirates from killing pirates he was attacked by 5 other players under the pretenses that he a rammed one of them and b shot at one of them where he did neither he got rammed and as for the shots fired he might have he did say he was eating popcorn during the fight and was having poor aim so happy could have been a poor player i have seen them.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:44 PM, Guenwhyvar said:

If fake players are used to upset the game-balance by impersonating other countries and entering PBs to fuck up that side, then the PB should be made invalid, the player banned and anyone found involved as well.

This is called "cheating" and needs to be stamped out violently.

I don't care if 100+ players are banned for complicity - this kind of behavior is dangerous to the existence of NA.

do you know how many people that will piss off seriously go to steam and GTA V and look at what there reviews are like same thing will happen on naval action only in different context even more you propose to simply empty the game of its population perhaps you seek to play the game without player interaction i knew a guy who used an alt his main one was for war the other for resources he could have all the buildings he needed are you saying he is a cheater now just cause he aimed to capitalize on. In any case it is pure arrogance to suggest that they begin to ban people under those pretenses and you should be ashamed of what you posted for such madness it is simply illogical because who defines an alt i have been called an alt before i have 1 account on naval action am i to be banned under falls pretenses next?

Edited by Captain Pickle

On 12/4/2016 at 4:28 AM, Captain Pickle said:

do you know how many people that will piss off seriously go to steam and GTA V and look at what there reviews are like same thing will happen on naval action only in different context even more you propose to simply empty the game of its population perhaps you seek to play the game without player interaction i knew a guy who used an alt his main one was for war the other for resources he could have all the buildings he needed are you saying he is a cheater now just cause he aimed to capitalize on. In any case it is pure arrogance to suggest that they begin to ban people under those pretenses and you should be ashamed of what you posted for such madness it is simply illogical because who defines an alt i have been called an alt before i have 1 account on naval action am i to be banned under falls pretenses next?

It is cheaters ruining the fun for everyone which leads to the depopulation of a game. People who don't even begin to comprehend the basics of fair-play are not wanted in ANY game and we are better off without them.

By attacking me personally by calling me "arrogant" and that I should be ashamed I guess you do not really understand the basics of a fair and open discussion either. We discuss this game and its merits and faults by using arguments, not by name-calling others in this forum. Please change your tone and never do this again. Makes me sick.

• Like 1

firstly do you play Call of Duty? Because that's the attitude of a CoD player right there only a CoD player would be so the way you are i know i dealt with a lot of them.

Secondly I can be fair and reasonable however what you said shows your arrogant's and that you are in fact not fair nor reasonable and that your out to hurt other's for nothing because you think that they should just be banned and do you know why that's bad because that's counter productive say one hundred people got banned one day then they all put up review's of the game that's one hundred hate reviews that hurts a game after a while. you clearly have problems playing the game probably comes from CoD because those games change people and not for the better not when parents are buying there kids of 6 CoD games when they have a 18+ warning and they don't care that's why people are not fair.

And thirdly if i want to burst someones personal hate bubble i can and will if i so desire to i don't care if it makes you sick or not and i love how you cover up YOUR TONE of demanding me to never do that again by asking please in front of it so cheap learn that its a free world out there and it doesn't revolve around you nor any of us fess up to the horrible thing you wrote and move on already. 

Edited by Captain Pickle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 5:27 AM, Captain Pickle said:

firstly do you play Call of Duty? Because that's the attitude of a CoD player right there only a CoD player would be so the way you are i know i dealt with a lot of them.

Secondly I can be fair and reasonable however what you said shows your arrogant's and that you are in fact not fair nor reasonable and that your out to hurt other's for nothing because you think that they should just be banned and do you know why that's bad because that's counter productive say one hundred people got banned one day then they all put up review's of the game that's one hundred hate reviews that hurts a game after a while. you clearly have problems playing the game probably comes from CoD because those games change people and not for the better not when parents are buying there kids of 6 CoD games when they have a 18+ warning and they don't care that's why people are not fair.

And thirdly if i want to burst someones personal hate bubble i can and will if i so desire to i don't care if it makes you sick or not and i love how you cover up YOUR TONE of demanding me to never do that again by asking please in front of it so cheap learn that its a free world out there and it doesn't revolve around you nor any of us fess up to the horrible thing you wrote and move on already. 

you are both correct ..but are taking your arguments to the extremes .... having an alt is not cheating .....using your alt to mess up port battles farm points for pvp events is ...i dont really need to spell out the difference ..... banning all players with alts isnt reasonable ..for instance when is an alt really an alt ...two brothers or father and son ...who have same ip address ... however if the devs / admin /moderators .. whoever enforce bans are afraid to do so because of bad reviews ..for those who clearly  use the games mechanics to either cheat or spoil the game for others ,,, if they dont enforce bans for these actions the game is as good as finished anyway . the bad reviews will still happen but from those who have put some effort into playing and get no fun in playing because some idiot thinks its funny to send an alt into a port battle ... or a 1st rate into a 4th rate battle

• Like 2

Selling multiple copy's of the game to one customer probably allows devs to continue with development. Why would devs want to stop that. After all this is (also) a job for game labs and as it is with (all) jobs: the aim is to make money. 

All you can do is set rules for what you can do with multiple accounts and what is considered a punishable offense. Devs are trying to to that and it is a thin line to walk

Consequently enforcing these rules is a different story entirely. 

Edited by Chimera
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

PVP 2

Belize region

Friday 2/3/2017

We noticed Pirate hostility going up relatively fast.

a fleet of us sailed there doing missions and hunting the Pirates.

No pirates were found, but we did observe a large mission battle that had just started, we believe it was an admiral or commodore mission.

Soon after it started a GB player, 'Charles Hunter' was observed leaving this large battle in a Lynx.

We believe he may have been intentionally starting large missions, then leaving and allowing the Ai friendly ships to die and the pirates gain hostility points.

I attempted multiple time to have him explain his behavior but was met with no response.

I'm pretty sure only players can gain hostility. AI killed by AI does not generate any hostility points to either side. If "Charles Hunter" left the mission in the same ship that he entered it in, and there were no enemy players in the mission, then he is innocent.

Even if he was guilty what would happen...?

No rules issued by Games-Lab around ALT usages were issued. A strongly worded email from a moderator doesn't count.

The Use of a game modulated modifier or bot or cheat also no rules issued by Games-Labs

EULA code of conduct governs steam accounts so this is working...

If I'm wrong on any of these points (and I so hope I am). Please tell me. NO In fact show me where these rules are...

regards

Norfolk.

55 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

A warning or possibly his account would be banned until release.

56 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

No rules issued by Games-Lab around ALT usages were issued. A strongly worded email from a moderator doesn't count.

56 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

If I'm wrong on any of these points (and I so hope I am). Please tell me. NO In fact show me where these rules are...

Check the OP of this very topic...

It's not about alts, it's about cheating. There is no rules against having alts. I have 6 accounts myself. There is however rules against cheating, including using alts to cheat. That includes farming alts for hostility points or farming alts for PvP event points.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 01/11/2016 at 2:50 PM, admin said:

alts are allowed in game as steam not us controls your rights to use several steam accounts. 

using alt for port battles hostility generation using surrender mechanics is not allowed

So lets have a few thoughts on this Steam (Valve) allows multi accounts, but looking at your comments would I be right in saying that Game Labs doesn't like or would ban alts if they weren't under the Steam banner?

BTW I have an alt and I use my  alt to craft parts for ships as it takes an awful lot of LH to manufacture a ship. I play for the Verenigde Provincien faction, all my production is based in our ports.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so let me get this straight… you guys want to allow players to cheat, but you want to ban them if they cheat the wrong way? This is the most messed up game model I have ever seen if it is true. So basically what is going on is “fanboy” players paid a lot of money to cheat with 6 accounts, but now that everyone is doing it and exploiting the game with these alts in various ways “GOD FORBID THEY USE THEM TO TAKE PORTS”

What Devs need to do is ban all ALTS PERIOD! Either that or allow Alts period there is nothing stupider then telling a player “you can cheat just in the ways that don’t affect our fanboys” So I guess that means that newer players like me are just screwed? Its ok to use alts to break the economy by having unlimited resource farms, its ok for alts to be able to own the ship manufacturing market, its ok for alts to spy on nations and attempt to join clans… but one of the elements a new player cares the least about “port battles” (due to not even being able to participate until they get to a high level with a high ship requiring money but is hard to earn due to players with alts) oh for god sake don’t let Alts mess with the precious port battles.

This is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in my life, either someone does not have the balls to tell their fanboys sorry about your luck or the Devs want a small community and to turn away new players.

In the last month I have recommended this game to many of my coworkers trying to get people I know to play. A few bought the game played it for a week and refuse to come back due to Alt abuse in the markets. I have a long ass steam post about Alts killing the game.

The best solution you guys have is to allow alts in every aspect except to take away your ports… This is the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time. I am waiting for an actual Dev to post about this shit if they condone this kind of behavior I am done with this game, and will be going far beyond “steam reviews” to let potential buyers know that cheating is expected unless it hurts the “fanboy players” in which case your $40.00 will be banned, but the people actually cheating and holding new players down they will continue to not be banned. That will be posted on every PC game review I can find over the next 12 months.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.10.2016 at 2:19 PM, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

IMHO banning all alts would be detrimental to the community in that some of those alts are being used to run trading accounts which supply the economy which many other players need as they don't have the time or the inclination to sail for 2 plus hours just to collect resources to build materials to build ships.

Not every alt is used for nefarious reasons.

really sad that you need the alms of other people to achieve something in this game as a newbie.Just make you the fun and sell all your ships and equipment, then gift the gold to me.

Now have fun with your basic cutter.It will go like this:

1st week = doing endless PVE missions to afford a 5th rate

1/2 of 2nd week = getting the gold with another cycle of endless PVE missions to afford you the cannons

2/2 of 2nd week = getting the gold for repairs, rig repairs and rum + full crew.you guess what? PVE bot fest incoming

3rd week = sailing with your 5th rate out to do the 50th PVE mission, get invited into group of a guy who tells you "help me theres a lone pirate!"

you join this guy, after 4 mins in battle 10 other pirates join the fight turning your 3 week grind fest into a burning wreck that refuses to swim after another 5 minutes.

Guess what? The guy that invited you to kill the pirate leaves the battle untouched magically.....

2nd day of 3rd week: buy a "new" basic cutter from DEVS alms and repeat the.... no,JUST NO! N E V E R!

On 4/2/2017 at 5:35 PM, Norfolk nChance said:

The Use of a game modulated modifier or bot or cheat also no rules issued by Games-Labs

EULA code of conduct governs steam accounts so this is working...

regards

Norfolk.

Actually devs has stated that alt farming for hostility is against the rules. But as Anolytic has already pointed out - only players can generate hostility so the lynx can in no way have influenced the hostility creation.

EDIT: I see that anolytic has already clarrified his statement.. Damn my fat fingers and lazy eyes!

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2016 at 12:46 PM, admin said:

We thought for a very long time of a system that will allow us to identify alts who are exploiting hostility mechanics Some systems involved counting surrenders and limiting surrenders after a certain limit, other systems were based on damage vs kills vs kills in other ares. Many ideas were discussed but they all affected normal players in one or another way.. After careful deliberations we did not want to limit gameplay of normal players (because all systems and limitations will limit normal people in some or another way).

So we have decided to just ban the bastards.

So the new rule starting now is. 

For the period of testing until release using alts to generating hostility is a bannable offence.

• Report a person who is an alt or was an alt 
  • Report a port that he was helping to get hostility on
  • His account will be investigated and if he is found to be exploiting the mechanics he will get banned from the game until release.
  • His most active trading partner accounts will also be investigated and might be cleared from assets if they are his only trading partners.

Report the alts to any mods (especially Ink) and here in the tribunal. 

Tonight before server reset (5/1 @ 5:08)  a French Alt in the US nation opened multiple hostility missions for San Mateo for the only purpose of allowing French clan WO to enter instead and run up hostility and set PB at Mateo.  This is an exploit and is using an alt to run up hostility in contrast with the stated rules and allowable uses of alts.  Please investigate the player who opened the the hostility missions for a foreign nation.  The PB should also be cancelled.

• Like 13

Thank you Sparkydog for bringing this up! The great idea of frontlines and capital ports is foiled by this misuse of ALTs. All players that participated in that should be warned to get banned and the PB should be liquidated. I am so fed up with this loop hole using.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Sparkydog said:

Tonight before server reset (5/1 @ 5:08)  a French Alt in the US nation opened multiple hostility missions for San Mateo for the only purpose of allowing French clan WO to enter instead and run up hostility and set PB at Mateo.  This is an exploit and is using an alt to run up hostility in contrast with the stated rules and allowable uses of alts.  Please investigate the player who opened the the hostility missions for a foreign nation.  The PB should also be cancelled.

I don't understand all the drama over this.  It's clearly an exploit that devs have already acknowledged and identified the possible solutions.  For me, i'm shocked that it's not obvious.  The clan who initiates the hostility will be the port owner.  It's not even about alts, frankly.  I could ask a friend in another nation to do the same thing for me.

• Like 5

There is

20 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't understand all the drama over this.  It's clearly an exploit that devs have already acknowledged and identified the possible solutions.  For me, i'm shocked that it's not obvious.  The clan who initiates the hostility will be the port owner.  It's not even about alts, frankly.  I could ask a friend in another nation to do the same thing for me.

There is no drama, just rules. If the rules are still in force, the conclusion is clear. The PB should be cancelled. The ALT should be dealt with according to the rules. Where is the drama?

• Like 4

Just now, Sir Loorkon said:

There is

There is no drama, just rules. If the rules are still in force, the conclusion is clear. The PB should be cancelled. The ALT should be dealt with according to the rules. Where is the drama?

It's all on the other thread.  I'm not even sure why there are two threads on this.  You're correct, the PB should be cancelled and if it were me, I would use the in-game email system to warn all players that an exploit has been identified and will be corrected, and that any players who use in in the meantime will be elbow smashed, etc.

• Like 3