Game-Labs Forum

'Göta Lejon' Swedish 3rd Rate 1746 (With Plans)

Sella

Correct.

I think we all know how underwhelming her firepower is, the Bellona is inherently better just due to her heavier armament.

So the Göta Lejon would have a direct opponent. That's the most important thing, isn't it ?

I don't think we only need the more powerful ones of a class (and thus (often) the more modern ones).

We need diversity and direct opponents.

thx  :)

So the Göta Lejon would have a direct opponent. That's the most important thing, isn't it ?

I don't think we only need the more powerful ones of a class (and thus (often) the more modern ones).

We need diversity and direct opponents.

thx  :)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, I'd love to see her ingame :)

I think she is a rather unique and fine looking vessel, I'm merely afraid that she might be cast aside due to no obvious usage.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, I'd love to see her ingame :)

I think she is a rather unique and fine looking vessel, I'm merely afraid that she might be cast aside due to no obvious usage.

No obvious usage ? What about PvE, missions, duel rooms, any fair 1v1 and anybody not obsessed by having the bigger...  ;)

• Like 3

some of these actually are

and some ship builders go ahead and mount all kinds of servo motors inside to remote control the rudder, yards and all

The ship per se imo wont stand out

As mentioned bevore the 24/18/6 armament is nothing to look forward to. Do you see many "3rd rates" ingame? no because they are not usable in too many occations. They arent really cheaper to build as bellonas for example.

And you cannot use them in medium port battles.

The HP pool is nice compared to the inger and aggy. However she does not pack a substantial more punch. And for a bit more ressources you can have a bellona or even 2nd rate.

For the game's state, these kind of ships dont have a real place - that my opinion at least.

making such ships viable is hard. But it must be adressed sometime in the future. Every ship should have its place in a PB. Not only the very best for each PB type.

The mode itself.. its typically swedish. Old design. which isnt bad per se.

But the bowsprit really makes her look clumsy.  And thats with all swedish ships up until the mid 18th century.

I cincerely hope for the Bellona class frigates and the Wasa class 3rd/4th rates (cause only 62 guns but 32 and24s) ingame.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12.10.2016 at 11:50 AM, BungeeLemming said:

The ship per se imo wont stand out

As mentioned bevore the 24/18/6 armament is nothing to look forward to. Do you see many "3rd rates" ingame? no because they are not usable in too many occations. They arent really cheaper to build as bellonas for example.

And you cannot use them in medium port battles.

The HP pool is nice compared to the inger and aggy. However she does not pack a substantial more punch. And for a bit more ressources you can have a bellona or even 2nd rate.

For the game's state, these kind of ships dont have a real place - that my opinion at least.

I do agree whit those arguments about the armament, and even if She shall not have a real place, atleast She would look pretty just like the Ingermanland. Besides, Im personally a atheistics person when it comes to ships. I like them pretty. :wub:

Maby and Hopefully it becomesa prerium ship sometime... I would buy Her in a heartbeat. Also, i would like to see some more Swan type class of sloops/Frigates, even though some think that the paint scheme is hidious or ugly or plain boring? I think they are pretty... :P

Agamemnon would be regarded as useless if it was classed as a 3rd rate like the real ship, this system where the rating decides whether a ship is good or trash is a major flaw for Naval Action and needs to be addressed.

Preferably through stats, make all ships useful. IE Agamemnon is more agile that the Bellona, a little shallower draught, and take the 24lb upper deck off Bellona so firepower is more equal.

Failing that, cost to build/crew works too, make the difference exponential instead of linear.

• 7 months later...