Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

Found myself surrounded by two hostile French Endymions while being in a Cecilia after leaving a battle and entering OW. If the ship wipe wasn't announced, I would have probably sailed off (or tried to) and saved my cecilia's dura. But instead I gave it a go, :)

• Like 4

Eagerness and overconfidence lead many a captain too far into the fire of the towers and to be blown against the shores where they or their attempted rescuers were boarded, but in the end we still managed to turn the fight back in our favour and secure a victory.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, balticsailor said:

@Liquicity who says those days are over? It is even easier to demast on the testbed, you just have to do it more often since player can rep every 10min. Making it abit pointless in some casses.

As far as i've noticed, hull damage seems to have received a buff, not noticed anything yet regarding demasting. I personally dont think it will be possible to fully commit to demasting anymore, as hull damage got buffed, and the enemy being able to repair masts every 10 mins.

Edited by Liquicity

Not really. High penetration shots might do less damage but will punch through and may even damage all in between. In a rake it can damage, depending on the receiving end, two of the masts.

Mediums and carronades with less penetration but higher damage do shatter the broadside planking more decisively albeit less decisive on those rakes, but they do splinter more.

At least from my observations on the testbed.

In any case, demasting is a puzzle thing, once you get the hang of it it becomes rinse and repeat, it needs practice and skill to use, for sure, per ship as all have gun separation , speeds etc. And the opponent ship will not just stand there ( or maybe it does ).

Just now, Intrepido said:

A buff? The connie has down from 6800hp to 6120. And the structure hp is kinda a weak thing.

I feel that battles lasts less when you focus on hull damage. Of course this goes to hell with the absurd 10 minutes CD of repairs.

thats what I meant by 'hull damage got buffed', as in you damage the hull more easily, sink ships more easily ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NielsVisser said:

EDR clan is trying to kill me, after one hour they finally did it!!

But who is the noob in this battle????

I think the Privateer was able to keep up because you sailed almost at his best Point of Sail while the Suprises speed drops at that angle already significant.

• Like 1