Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

3 hours ago, Guillaume Longueheuse said:

A good battle, and again, a real pleasure to fight beside Spanish guys :)

Communications are difficult, but well, the fun is always here! Big up to the US who thanks our presence to this battle... I've got no child like our Venerable Leader, but its still quite hard to fight at 4am.

Was an OK fight, some of our regulars decided to no show and going in 3 short was perhaps not the best idea....but we wanted a fight.  I was even dual boxing another character in there to try and help out.  

BTW the fella I managed to board and take an aggie from was using a planking/brit refit one.  Might want to get on his case for not using a stronghull.  

Insulting happens very rarely on TS and if someone does it, report it to admin. Lord Vicious is not an admin on TS. Also I understand your point about new players having problem joining Port Battles because they need a good ship or experience but... 

1. Need a good PB Ship? 2 ways, earn it yourself and buy or craft (harder for new players) or join a good clan that crafts ships for members (easy way). Not wanna be a part of clan? Then don't complain that it's harder.

2. Lack of experience? We even organize lots of training Port Battles for pubbies and new players... From last weeks I can name Sant Iago (friendly PB vs Pirates), Gasparilla (organized by AHOY & FTS) and Nouvelle Orleans organized by FTS and some TOXIC. 

Need more experience? No even need to join training PBs... We need desperately players for PBs. You know how many last Port Battles were not full?

-Islamorada

-Nouvelle Orleans

-Ponce

-Santo Domingo

And much more... Where are these non-elite players saying they cannot join when we need players for Port Battles?

I say it as a guy who got hundreds of PBs on my account. I am always trying to encourage new players to come and try, test them, try them. I made a big guide on forums about Port Battles for new players... and I'm gonna fight every statement that they are for elite players. You might see often the same faces, because these people are the only willing to come and help for PB sometimes. Without them there would be nothing. New players wouldn't get much experience. No offense, but I haven't seen you in Port Battles, but yet you comment them how "elite-only" they are.

On 21-2-2017 at 9:43 PM, Lord Vicious said:

Better friendly explosion ever you mean,  Amplify boarding a firstrate at 120crew and then leaving it to explode near to me him and another guy (while he parked in front of me so i could not even move away) when we are 960 points to 360 cost us the pb.  (as well couple of guys getting boarded)   But that explosive hello kitty up    is one of the most noob and tragicomic hello kittyup i ever seen in 500+ pb.  

Now i understand why he usually in the screening fleet

1h6 min

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123723699

ca8d8e8eec.jpg

ca8ea19e26.jpg

i am sorry i just have an explosive personality

i-can-t-keep-calm-i-m-dutch.png

• Like 14

5 hours ago, JeanJacques de Montpellier said:

I agree with this.
I feel that under the "experience" instead are concealed other aspects. The fact of being on 24/7 TS, self-publicized, to do group and square on certain players.
SruPL, it seems to do the same with Lord Vicious, saying that without him no one would command the fleet in PB.

The discourse on lacking players in the battles is pure rhetoric, coarse rhetoric. I have no idea if in good faith or because the writer is part of this elite.

It is evident that the deficiency is in the PB carried out in inconvenient hours. In those very imporant places we are pretty booked (just see screenshots). Obviously these problems are minor in small nations and more in big nations.
There are examples of blatant insults to people who had encroached on, stealing the place elite.
The insults are disgusting and this game is full. Insults if you lose a battle, insults if you win, if you join insults, insults if not join. How disgusting! Again just see screenshots, videos. Deny the evidence would be hypocritical.

On french, it was like, noone will lead pb if not me.

Then, i didn't show to several pb due of IRL.

At first, people has to take the lead without wanted it.

Then people see it was a way to lead. Something they never consider when i leaded all PB.

Then people start to lead. Then people ask if they can lead PB when i'm in.

Then I sometimes loves to have nothing to do exept manage my own ship.

Btw, french ts is a multilanguage brawl but i never heard someone insulting someone in PB.

Choose the love, choose the french

• Like 5

Before we get back on track i'll just paste this in regards of many "unintended competitive nature that goes overboard" and "less than adequate welcome of new players" which we cannot simply disregard and blame the developers at this stage of development.

had such potential to be (game) in pirate times... well it is... all the toxic players the ganking/griefing, and general douchbagery that make up the worst parts of (game) are all there...

Steam reviews like that there are hundreds the same way there are hundreds pointing other issues but to come to a point where a player reviews a game badly due to his social experience not being fun is not fault of developers but ourselves. So let's try to act and at least try to look that we care.

Now get back to the appropriate good natured taunts that do justice to the best part of the community.

• Like 5

So many good and well written posts that should belong in another thread were hidden. Apologies to all.

Another score of other less interesting ones were hidden as well.

In a Port Battle, in a Naval Action combat, there's always my story, your story, and the truth :)

If there's anything left that shouldn't be in this thread please flag it. The tally was 180+ posts out of order...

Carry on and please, no naming and shaming.

Snappy salute !

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

So many good and well written posts that should belong in another thread were hidden. Apologies to all.

Another score of other less interesting ones were hidden as well.

In a Port Battle, in a Naval Action combat, there's always my story, your story, and the truth :)

If there's anything left that shouldn't be in this thread please flag it. The tally was 180+ posts out of order...

Carry on and please, no naming and shaming.

Snappy salute !

I literally had this song in my head when I saw you closing the thread. Sorry for the off topic post, but I just had to get this off my chest :)

Edited by Kloothommel

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Same to your leading-thingy guy

This portbattle was lost for the dutchies because brits didn't support them, 7up left and the remaining dutchies don't have much experience in portbattles/pvp. atleast it seemed like that. Nothing a portbatttleleader could change.

This is what happens when a clan that has a monopoly on a nation leaves, it leaves a nation without any organisation and players with little experience, plus the fact as reddi states the larger Brit clans have refrained from giving the same help to a nation that they gave to a clan. 

Bit like the big Swedish clan or the big Danish clan leaving of a small nation it starts from scratch again.

As a result I would never blame the pb leader in this battle he was inexperienced and although a lot of the sailors were too they all followed his orders and there was no complaining at all which is always a plus.

The battle was over before it began  3 ships down, but it was a fun fight and personally I'd rather lose a fun battle than win an empty one, but I concede I'm in the minority.

• Like 10

First was called a coward using excuses when I escaped in my Santa Cecilia from him... Then I came to fight him Trinc vs Trinc and guess what... Good fight "86"

qcDCvt.jpg?nocache=1487940839358

45 minutes ago, Donnerschock said:

Get over it.

Yeah, Brits can always hold hands for Dutch players and come with a PB-fleet. But would it be in any way good for the dutchies? No. They need to get out of their hole of self-pity. Merge the rest of the small clans together so they can exercise together and become better.

The battle was over with this splitted line to hold them away... Yeah, works great against a brawling-fleet of russians. Result was a splitted fleet that was easy to kill and to outplay.

Yes, sure it was inexpierience that was shown here, but not one guy in the defending fleet told him that this will not work? Really? Why has the PB-leader never asked one of us brits to explain him basic tactics for PBs?

I think you think to much.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

It's funny how when it's the other escaping he is a coward and when it's us it's a great move.

I think if you can escape it's a great move.

I am kinda sad about these that run from start from even or slightly uneven fight. I always try to fight and if I see that my chances of winning are too low, I disangage. Before escaping in Santa Cecilia I brawled a bit, put a few broadsides and then realized there is no way for me winning with this player so I flee'd. Then I came upon agreement in Trincomalee and duel'd him. I think that calling enemy coward is very often used to provoke him to turn back and fight, sometimes even I try it desperately and sometimes it works. But few days ago me and EliteDelta (2x Santa Cecilia) chased Swedish Surprise / Trincomalee / Constitution. Heavly outgunned, outnumbered, we chased them and they didn't even try to fight. That's what makes me sad.

2 hours ago, Tac said:

This is what happens when a clan that has a monopoly on a nation leaves, it leaves a nation without any organisation and players with little experience, plus the fact as reddi states the larger Brit clans have refrained from giving the same help to a nation that they gave to a clan. 

Bit like the big Swedish clan or the big Danish clan leaving of a small nation it starts from scratch again.

As a result I would never blame the pb leader in this battle he was inexperienced and although a lot of the sailors were too they all followed his orders and there was no complaining at all which is always a plus.

The battle was over before it began  3 ships down, but it was a fun fight and personally I'd rather lose a fun battle than win an empty one, but I concede I'm in the minority.

One could also say this is what happens when you have one large dominant clan within a nation that puts in the majority of the work defending said nation and the majority of the smaller clans and pubbie players are jealous of this clan and do their best to disrupt it's activities, harass it's leaders and in general do everything they can do get that clan out of the nation.  That clan decides to grant the wish of the nation and leaves because they are tired of the disrespect, but now the very same people who wanted that clan gone are now blaming it for leaving.  Curious how that happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

One could also say this is what happens when you have one large dominant clan within a nation that puts in the majority of the work defending said nation and the majority of the smaller clans and pubbie players are jealous of this clan and do their best to disrupt it's activities, harass it's leaders and in general do everything they can do get that clan out of the nation.  That clan decides to grant the wish of the nation and leaves because they are tired of the disrespect, but now the very same people who wanted that clan gone are now blaming it for leaving.  Curious how that happens.

Details sir details , I'm curious of who you refer to.

Please though feel free to point out anything In my post that is incorrect , factually untrue , or biased in any way? 

btw as a player of the US im confused as to why you feel so strongly about something that's actually of no concern to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donnerschock said:

Why has the PB-leader never asked one of us brits to explain him basic tactics for PBs?

If you got your training from LV, then keep that knowledge and style of command to yourselves.

@ Otto Kohl. You do not have to watch, you know.

I salute each and every captain who joined the last night Pampatar PB, as well as the commander who stepped up and led the way. We did not have best of battles, but we gave attackers a battle and had some PvP fun. Most importantly, some players could finaly get a feeling of a proper PB.

Looks like the Dutch will have to rebuild their navy from scratch (no need for "foreign" advisers; we still have good commanders in our ranks). The best way to begin is the players to start spending more time in group PvP and then apply that experience in PBs. W/o that valuable PvP experience tactics, numbers, ships builts, and commanders will never be enough to win,

• Like 5