Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

That looks close La Fayette, looks like the Frenchies got their @#$@ back on track after St Lucie. Good to see lots clans involved on Brit side including our new clan so huzzah...look forward to a video of this one..pls someone post one !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Major General La Fayette said:

Battle of Puerto de España : 13/12/16
French and Swedish victory against Great Britain.

Some decisive explosions and good maneuvers from both sides made a fun and interesting battle for everyone i hope :)

(This screenshot has been taken a few seconds before the 'Battle Over' so all the escaped ships leaved during the fight because they were too damaged or too much crew lost)

1481671981-311310-20161214003205-1.png

6 hours ago, Jeheil said:

That looks close La Fayette, looks like the Frenchies got their @#$@ back on track after St Lucie. Good to see lots clans involved on Brit side including our new clan so huzzah...look forward to a video of this one..pls someone post one !

Very interesting battle.

I must say it was pity that battle ended after 1.5 hour. Would like to see how it would look after another 30 minutes.

GG WP french o7

• Like 3

I think we forget we were defending after the First wind change and have gone to chase you. The dc of fleet leader place à part of the fleet into the wind that gives you the ability to desengage before suffering zn explosion.

For 5 min it was à mess Irh people célébration far too early the victorythe explosion of Nelson make it stop as 6 to 7 suffered badly of explosion.

While french didn't suffer hige causaltie on this time, discipline decrease and as everyone with the explosion Miss on or two masts, speed were différent. 

French intact ships chased english bzrzly sunk ship and reverse.

Différence is french won't surrender ornleave battle to make us win more time. We should have left as the brits done after explosion but it could have cost us the Victory.

Edr lost 250 mid grade note tonight.... :-S

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 7:46 PM, Tenakha Kan said:

haha both are in my clan, Fouine is an inexperienced player, he obviously made every mistake in the book. Fantome is more experienced, he tried to seperate you from Fouine and got stuck into the wind (for a very very long time! :unsure:). Giving you a few free rakes...the rest is easy to predict.

Fantome actually enjoys fighting you and EliteDelta, he is using you both as sparring partners to improve. Unfortunatly he doesn't speak english :-)

Anyway, nice display of skills. The only way to learn is by trying and sometimes failing. ;)

o7

Liquicity is good! I was in a fight against him recently. His shooting raking my ship was phenomenal.

I have to learn (1) how to get on to someone's stern quickly and stay there; (2) how to fire accurately while raking. I seem to have mediocre results when I do.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 1

After I passed through the French line I was isolated a little but fought on drawing several French away from the main fight between Tom and myself there was 8 French wounded and chasers after us I so nearly managed to get at Pierricks bad side fortunately Louis blocked me from my attempt as at that range even Pierricks weakened armour would have vanished.

even though I lost my ship I enjoyed the fight immensely GG France.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

After I passed through the French line I was isolated a little but fought on drawing several French away from the main fight between Tom and myself there was 8 French wounded and chasers after us

That's true, i was part of the chasers but we were chasing you because we were too damaged to get back to the big fight. We had 2 choices : wait near the towers because the circle was coming or chase you. I think the second choice was way funnier :)

Interesting to see a resurgence of the Victory.  I always thought the Victory was a fine ship, and in some ways, is superior to the Santisima, not sure about L'Ocean though, I have yet to sail one, but have had a few engagements against them.  I am not impressed by L'Ocean, maybe I haven't fought a good enemy in the ship. 

I am curious why you decided to outfit most of your fleet with Victory's as opposed to Santisima's and L'Ocean's.

Either way, it appears to be working well for the British, that was one hell of a good fight. 

Edited by Yar Matey

13 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

Interesting to see a resurgence of the Victory.  I always thought the Victory was a fine ship, and in some ways, is superior to the Santisima, not sure about the L'Ocean though, I have yet to sail one, but have had a few engagements against them.  I am not impressed by the L'Ocean, maybe I haven't fought a good enemy in the ship. 

I am curious why you decided to outfit most of your fleet with Victory's as opposed to Santisima's and L'Ocean's.

Either way, it appears to be working well for the British, that was one hell of a good fight. 

Since SORRY where using mono Victory brit started copy that setup also, long time ago. But tbh i always suggested to avoid mixing santi-ocean to vics,  expecial if you put such ships in front of the vics (they gonna slow down the entire fleet) if you bring slower ships they must be at the bottom of your formation      

But tbh a mono 1 ship type was always a SORRY metholodogy since carslile time when we fielded mono SANTI fleet, wich back then was the meta. Then mono Inger, and recently last 5 months mono Victory

Vic sails better, allowing better wind tackle manouvers

Have superior armor in both shape and purely math stats then santi.  The extra cannons on the santi are irrilevant in a first rate fight since they too smal to cause dmg, They only useful if you do a sail fight with massive chain shooting.

The ocean is minimally better then vic defensive wise but much harder to obtai-craft-replace, it sail HORRIBLY. worst of all 3,  IT have a huge benefit from massive crew so it keep better the dps in the long term, while vic are more susceptible to lose dps after just 100 crew losses.

There is a benefit for the commander and the overall fleet cohesion when all have same ship, and not only same ship, same modules and perks. If fleet turn and someone fail, is his fail, since he have exactly same chance of everyone else.     IS a methodology coming from eve online where fleet doctrines are standardize becouse the fc need to know at wich maximum range his fleet (all of it) can target and shoot

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Since SORRY where using mono Victory brit started copy that setup also, long time ago. But tbh i always suggested to avoid mixing santi-ocean to vics,  expecial if you put such ships in front of the vics (they gonna slow down the entire fleet) if you bring slower ships they must be at the bottom of your formation      

But tbh a mono 1 ship type was always a SORRY metholodogy since carslile time when we fielded mono SANTI fleet, wich back then was the meta. Then mono Inger, and recently last 5 months mono Victory

Vic sails better, allowing better wind tackle manouvers

Have superior armor in both shape and purely math stats then santi.  The extra cannons on the santi are irrilevant in a first rate fight since they too smal to cause dmg, They only useful if you do a sail fight with massive chain shooting.

The ocean is minimally better then vic defensive wise but much harder to obtai-craft-replace, it sail HORRIBLY. worst of all 3,  IT have a huge benefit from massive crew so it keep better the dps in the long term, while vic are more susceptible to lose dps after just 100 crew losses.

There is a benefit for the commander and the overall fleet cohesion when all have same ship, and not only same ship, same modules and perks. If fleet turn and someone fail, is his fail, since he have exactly same chance of everyone else.     IS a methodology coming from eve online where fleet doctrines are standardize becouse the fc need to know at wich maximum range his fleet (all of it) can target and shoot

Just FYI when we started using all Vics it was as a result of us deciding to go with one ship one build and some serious testing of relevant ships performances rather than what SORRY did but I will give you credit for doing it first. This was all a result of us making Zerg and having a common ship building policy.

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

5 hours ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

Just FYI when we started using all Vics it was as a result of us deciding to go with one ship one build and some serious testing of relevant ships performances rather than what SORRY did but I will give you credit for doing it first. This was all a result of us making Zerg and having a common ship building policy.

Not claiming that we invented Victory :P   i simply applied that analisis back in may i think when armor patch was introduced so we where debating if we gonna bring santi or vics once tested the theory  we started using mono Vic (while all other nations where still using a mix) other nations saw it, or came to the same conclusion.    But SORRY was using doctrines, perks, and same modules since March, so yeah we where the first to apply such systems, again thx to my experience in eve online where such methodology is standard since 2007 (so i didnt invent anything i just applyed well functional tested eve methods)   For example the day the regional bonus landed,  we made a ship from each bonus possible, i still have northern carpenters vic, pirate refit, british refit, on day 2, We already where making MONO stronghull firsts and ingers (pirates lack aga bp) Way before danes and other nation started to realize it and use it in mass)  We spend a lot of time testing and crafting theories and usually we arrive first.  

Like old times when in Carslile (i am talking about april)  we where using mono 6lb trincomalee fleets  since demast was possible even at 800mt of distance (before the devs introduced masts thickness)  that allowed us to win impossible fights like 5 vs 16  by kiting and demasting, famous the video where 4 sorry in 3 trinco 1 conny,  capture 1 vic 1 santi 1 pavel and make 2 frig escape.

Edited by Lord Vicious

9 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Not claiming <snip>

Well. I was leading my own fleets in eve arround 2004 and people were using exactly same builds i told them to. That way i knewed what i can do with my fleet and what not. I guess good leader that really want to be 100% effective will act same way in every game and conditions.

And about this demasting ... That clearly shows how broken and idiotic this mechanic was. And i still remember how people cried when they changed it ...

Besides that. GG WP.

The idea to get the same ship is far more easy to lead a prot battle.

The second solution is for the leader to have the slower ship to feel what he can ask his fleet or not. At least he will not think the santi can get close hall for example.

Looking for the number of french clans it's normal to have many differents ships in battle. Now, they all use same officier perk and fits, time to speak about alpha fleet will come after the wipe. Waiting for it we won't craft new first rate before all the ones we crafter in reserv will be down...and there is still enough... My clan will not see an ocean for nexts weeks :D

France ought some ships to Kingston. Then they started sailing to Carlisle and went past it. The Royal Navy set sail from Kingston to chase the enemies of the crown. Contact to the French Fleet was lost at Carlisle, but a fornuate change of wind forced the French fleet to turn around and fight.  When the fleets closed in at each other, French had the advantage having the wind on their side. Thus the British fleet was in the leeward direction, the French admiral ordered his line to turn into the enemy fleet. Having superior numbers, the british fleet closed in and the fleets go split ino two groups, with the upper hand for the Royal Navy in the End, tough three british ships were lost due to explosions and one sank due to flooding. The French suffered heavy losses. Only one french corvette was able to withdraw, 15 French ships had been send to Davy Jones or lost due to the mentioned explosions

30900746273_4f61907b9e_b.jpg

Edited by Batman

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Tell your people not to tag a superior fleet next time, so the dont have to do "useless fights".

It was probably a fun fight for you and therefore not useless, but you are in the wrong topic mate. You don't even have a video of the encounter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

It was probably a fun fight for you and therefore not useless, but you are in the wrong topic mate. You don't even have a video of the encounter. 

I didn't want to say it, but that screen looks lopsided as hell. Good fight, maybe. Equal fight, nope. But if Brits call that a good fight, I wonder what they call an even fight.

• Like 1