Game-Labs Forum

Important - Final map. Player action required for both PVE and PVP servers.

Looking to be shaping up nicely! This will be an interesting change.

For the purpose of this patch, would it not be a good idea to open up trading between ports (any ports, not just free) and have some sort of ship delivery service? Some of us have a lot of ships and resources in various places that need moving. Personally I do not want to spend my entire weekend moving all my ships/resources. 

Is there a bigger or higher res map to view , I have tried several links and can't read it  :angry:

http://i.imgur.com/LLEfN29.jpg

Admin: Might be worth changing your link to this one: http://i.imgur.com/LLEfN29.jpg

• Like 3

• Because of the resource changes all buildings will be destroyed by a massive earthquake and their costs will be recovered to players by national insurance companies. 

For some odd reason I prob laughed a little harder than I should when I read this part.  Thanks DEVS for the good chuckle.

I have a few questions already:

Why is Providencia marked as Spanish, and not Pirate?

Also, the colour used to mark "Pirate Regions" are the same as the ones used to mark the noob-zone. Does this by any chance indicate that Pirates will operate differently when it comes to conquest? (Like capturing individual ports instead of entire regions)

Or does it just mean that the regions Abaco, Andros and Grand Bahamas will be Pirate owned regions at the start, with the exception of the national noob capitals in each region?

Looks like we are going have to be the good guys to not pick on the little noobs.  Than again some one is prob going to get greedy and want those zones any way.

pirates are not the focus of the next patch. 

My clan was talking about this last night in TS.  Pretty much what I'm guessing is they are going to get all the National stuff with alliance and what not done before they touch us.   Though it would be nice if we got a little teaser of plans though.  Until than we are just another nation that doesn't have the Alliance option like others do.   We would just be happy if they bring back Pirate on Pirate so we can have some good inter-fighting too.  That will keep us off you pesky Nationals.

• Like 2

only production buildings will reset

clan warehouses will stay as before. But if they are in the enemy region you will have to conquer the region or smuggle them out. Alternatively ship them out before the patch. 

So...

If your clan warehouse is in the nations capital, it remains.  If the clan warehouse is in an existing Freeport that is moving (i.e. Cano Mac to Guayaguayau), then it WILL NOT move to the new Freeport.

Can I suggest if the clan warehouse is in a Freeport that is changing, the clan warehouse should also move to the new Freeport.

Without this, it will be difficult to move the warehouse as you have to setup a new clan to start a second clan warehouse in the new Freeport - and then you have the issue of moving all the materials.  When the mover only has access to one clan warehouse...

So...

If your clan warehouse is in the nations capital, it remains.  If the clan warehouse is in an existing Freeport that is moving (i.e. Cano Mac to Guayaguayau), then it WILL NOT move to the new Freeport.

it was said in the free port topic - if you city moved (was not deleted) all assets move. including clan warehouse

• Like 5

Very tempted to erase character and start a fresh one from scratch to take advantage of all the novelties.

To be honest I think when they go live they should do this.  Though way to many are going to cry other wise.  I just don't think it's fair for any new players to have a bunch at that time with very well set levels and ranks.    Hay but we get to prob start over with Basic Cutters and be Curse ranked...woot woot.

• Like 1

Is "a consolidated presence" dependent on port ownership? 

In the case of Danmark-Norge we technically only need to capture the Virgin Isles and ally with France and Spain and we can be back to our how we are now, with access to all the same ports and the same front lines.

until they stab you in the back ;-)

I'm sorry, but while this is a great change and I look forward to it - the details confusing as the map has contradictory information.

Examples:

• Cayman Brac is shown as Grey, but has a (P) next to it.... So, is going to be Neutral or Pirate?
  • Tumbado is both grey and in spanish region, but has an (N)....  So is it going to be Spanish or Neutral?
  • Ile a Vache seems to have disappeared...  What happens to any assets there?
  • I don't believe we are presently able to "smuggle" war ships out of enemy held ports (at least that was the case last time i tried) - will that be available on pvp servers or just the pve server?
Edited by TaranisPrime

I'm sorry, but while this is a great change and I look forward to it - the details confusing as the map has contradictory information.

Examples:

• Cayman Brac is shown as Grey, but has a (P) next to it.... So, is going to be Neutral or Pirate?
  • Tumbado is both grey and in spanish region, but has an (N)....  So is it going to be Spanish or Neutral?
  • Ile a Vache seems to have disappeared...

ONLY the colours matter. The letters only indicate the historical situation that they base the map on. Don't pay them any attention if you're not interested in the background for the map.

*The white circles indicate freeports, so Cayman Brac will remain a freeport.

*Tumbado has a white circle, so it will remain a freeport.

*Ile-a-Vache has disappeared on purpose. Instead we get La Navasse, and all assets will be moved there from Ile-a-Vache.

ONLY the colours matter. The letters only indicate the historical situation that they base the map on. Don't pay them any attention if you're not interested in the background for the map.

*The white circles indicate freeports, so Cayman Brac will remain a freeport.

*Tumbado has a white circle, so it will remain a freeport.

*Ile-a-Vache has disappeared on purpose. Instead we get La Navasse, and all assets will be moved there from Ile-a-Vache.

Thank you.  Much clearer.

Where the HECK is Ile A Viche !! , IT'S GONE !!

2. Free town status and free town assets moved to a new port

One free town will be moved to a newly created port. This change concerns only:

• Île-à-Vache  -   La Navasse

If you had assets in Île-à-Vache, you will find them in La Navasse. The port of Île-à-Vache won’t exist anymore.

Pirate Republic (which existed for 11 years) will capture regions.

Currently, one doesn't see pirate NPC fleets sailing around.  My understanding is that one can attack national NPC fleets to increase hostility to start a port battle.  Are contraband traders going to be counted as pirate for this purpose?

• Like 2

It would be nice to have a legend for the map.

Frankly I'm confused about which labels are historic and which ones will be the new standard.

Modo

Here you go. There's a map legend on the right, all new ports are marked with green, all free towns are have Free Town written next to them.

gallery_17339_466_2055330.png

• Like 5

only production buildings will reset

clan warehouses will stay as before. But if they are in the enemy region you will have to conquer the region or smuggle them out. Alternatively ship them out before the patch. 

so what about for new free towns that are not yet ingame(like most of my ships on pve are docked at plymoth) along with clan wh how will that go will they be moved to the new free town in the area or will we have to do it? lookin forward to said patch tho

so what about for new free towns that are not yet ingame(like most of my ships on pve are docked at plymoth) along with clan wh how will that go will they be moved to the new free town in the area or will we have to do it? lookin forward to said patch tho

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16423-free-town-changes-important/page-1